Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What throwback player does JJ Watt remind you of?

Overheard an interesting discussion between some oldtimers talking about JJ

One mention Dick Butkus....the other guy said no..Dick was a linebacker and he said JJ reminds him of Jim Marshall

me? I am still trying to come up with a name
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What throwback player does JJ Watt remind you of?

Jim Jeffcoat came to mind.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Different position, different size but a similar mentality and sense of loyalty.

Bill Bates

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt doesn't remind me really of anyone. He is in a class by himself. But if I had to throw out one name just for the heck of it, I'd say he somewhat reminds me of Ray Childress!
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
Watt doesn't remind me really of anyone. He is in a class by himself. But if I had to throw out one name just for the heck of it, I'd say he somewhat reminds me of Ray Childress!
I knew there was a tall white lineman somewhere in my memory. Ray Childress comes the closet to me as well.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10294 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking Randy White or L.C. Greenwood
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob Lilly and not because he's white.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
I'm thinking Randy White or L.C. Greenwood
I thought of the "manster" as well, but left him out as he was an LB to begin with (before the move to DT).
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking Deacon Jones because he just tackles the whole damned backfield and then throws guys out until he finds the one with the ball.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Howie Long.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 8544 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie White is who I'd say is most like him.

Sent from the future...
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Childress, Long, or Lily all fit the bill.

Holy terrors on the field

pretty nice guys off of it.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

the first name that popped into my head was ray childress. it's been a long time, and i was pretty young then, but #79 always seemed to be playing like his hair was on fire. every snap was 110%, and watt plays with that same tenacity.

deacon jones is the second name that came to mind. two guys with the scariest hands in nfl history, both out there to win every snap with as much violence allowed.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Overheard an interesting discussion between some oldtimers talking about JJ

One mention Dick Butkus....the other guy said no..Dick was a linebacker and he said JJ reminds him of Jim Marshall

me? I am still trying to come up with a name
Yeah, Dick Butkus was a mean cuss. Jj Watt doesn't remind me of him at all.

Off the top of my head, John Riggins comes to mind. Good clean country boy, strictly business on the field, hard nose business. Nothing fancy, just straight up better than you in a Captain America kinda way.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Off the top of my head, John Riggins comes to mind. Good clean country boy, strictly business on the field, hard nose business. Nothing fancy, just straight up better than you.
Nothing fancy... We talking about the same Rigo? John Riggins was a basket case, who also cracked open beers in the storage room as soon as practice let out.. J.J. won't even go to the bar.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Off the top of my head, John Riggins comes to mind. Good clean country boy, strictly business on the field, hard nose business. Nothing fancy, just straight up better than you in a Captain America kinda way.
John Riggins? Captain America? WTH?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Country boy??
This dude?
...with the 'Fro?

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I was thinking Deacon Jones because he just tackles the whole damned backfield and then throws guys out until he finds the one with the ball.
But I wouldn't let Deacon Jones any where near my house..... something about him makes me think he'd kill me in my sleep... evil bastid.

Jj Watt, I'd let him marry my daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Howie Long.
Good one, better than mine.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
But I wouldn't let Deacon Jones any where near my house..... something about him makes me think he'd kill me in my sleep... evil bastid.
only if you were a QB.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Take a look at this video - Link

Long, lean guy, 100% motor, DE/DT, situational awareness (batted balls), good guy image for face of the franchise, leader not just rabid dog.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read