Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2014   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Bob McNair open to trading No. 1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
What has Mallet shown so far? I don`t think...
This is predicated on what Bill O'Brien thinks, not me. He knows Mallet better than these guys in the draft. He might be fine with Matt Cassell.
Old 01-04-2014   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post
Smith and Dalton are both 1st round picks
Dalton was not a 1st round pick.
Old 01-04-2014   #43
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Dalton was not a 1st round pick.
You are right. Doesn't change the fact that only one of the 12 starting playoff QBS was traded for, and the one that was traded for had playoff experience. Something Mallet does not.

Also 25% of the starting playoff QBs were 1st overall picks Cam, Luck, Manning and Smith.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #44
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Smith and Dalton are both 1st round picks and Bress was a star coming off an injury. And none of the rest were traded for I have no problems drafting a QB outside of pick 1.1, but trading for one hardly ever works out. Especially when trading for the likes of Mallet.
Smith was not drafted by KC though... How did they acquire him?
Old 01-04-2014   #45
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Smith was not drafted by KC though... How did they acquire him?
You didn't read all of my posts I'm guessing.

Smith had one thing when the Chiefs traded for him that Mallet does not and likely will never have. Playoff experience.
Old 01-04-2014   #46
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You didn't read all of my posts I'm guessing.

Smith had one thing when the Chiefs traded for him that Mallet does not and likely will never have. Playoff experience.
He had two games. Wow.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #47
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He had two games. Wow.
Way underplaying your hand EA. How about - started an NFL game? Smith 75 starts plus 2 in playoffs v. 0 for Mallett.

Mallett does have one up on Smith. 50% of his NFL completions have been to the Texans.
Old 01-04-2014   #48
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Way underplaying your hand EA. How about - started an NFL game? Smith 75 starts plus 2 in playoffs v. 0 for Mallett.

Mallett does have one up on Smith. 50% of his NFL completions have been to the Texans.
I'm not saying that Mallet is better, nor was I even part of that argument Cak. The fact is that Mallet is this big "unknown" that had a lot of potential when he was drafted. A lot of people assume that he is this great QB in waiting because he plays on the Patriots, but really none of us has a clue what Mallet can do.

I was just commenting on the idea that Smith's playoff experience prior to this season was some big deal. It really wasn't. He went to the playoffs one year where he played in two games. FOr the record he played pretty well though.

Last edited by Texecutioner; 01-04-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2014   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
You are right. Doesn't change the fact that only one of the 12 starting playoff QBS was traded for, and the one that was traded for had playoff experience. Something Mallet does not.

Also 25% of the starting playoff QBs were 1st overall picks Cam, Luck, Manning and Smith.
Trading for Mallet doesn't mean we don't take a first round QB.
Old 01-04-2014   #50
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So we use 2 picks on qbs? I'd rather draft 2 than to use a pick on an unproven back up.
Old 01-04-2014   #51
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
So you want us to give up some of the most valuable assets we have to get a QB and then spend another of those same assets on another QB? Why not just sign a vet FA and use only 1 draft pick on a QB?
Old 01-04-2014   #52
bash
Rookie

Im open to jadevon clowney if we get mallet
bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
So you want us to give up some of the most valuable assets we have to get a QB and then spend another of those same assets on another QB? Why not just sign a vet FA and use only 1 draft pick on a QB?
I'm open to possibilities. Mallet is just one of them. How about we swap #1s with Cleveland, they give us Hoyer & a 3rd.
Old 01-04-2014   #54
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm open to possibilities. Mallet is just one of them. How about we swap #1s with Cleveland, they give us Hoyer & a 3rd.
How about we draft a pro ready QB that's been dissecting defenses, calling protections, changing plays at the line and then executing at a high caliber in a pro style offense?

Naaaa, that'd never work. Better to get rid of precious draft picks that we need more of for some never has been/never will be scrub. Yeah, that makes sense.

Damn, I'm good at this GM stuff.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
How about we draft a pro ready QB that's been dissecting defenses, calling protections, changing plays at the line and then executing at a high caliber in a pro style offense?
If they feel that guy is in this draft, I'd have no problem with it. I don't think that guy is in this draft, so I'm looking at options.
Old 01-04-2014   #56
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If they feel that guy is in this draft, I'd have no problem with it. I don't think that guy is in this draft, so I'm looking at options.
Fair enough. I guess I'll just sit back and watch since no matter how much I peck on these keys the Texans are gonna do what they're going to do obviously. So far I've been excited about what we know for sure and the rumors being floated are not upsetting at all. So far, so good.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #57
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 7152 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade with STL. Take Clowney at 2, Bortles at 13
PHILLYTEXANFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #58
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
Trade with STL. Take Clowney at 2, Bortles at 13
Sorry Philly lost tonight! But why would St Louis need to trade up? If anything they are the ones who will be trading down. Texans I'm afraid are stuck. They just need to make the best player evaluation & move forward.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #59
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 7152 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Sorry Philly lost tonight! d.
I hope thats sarcasm. Lol! I will NEVER EVER be affiliated with that sh*t team. Im a Texans fan through and through. I just live in the city. Haha
PHILLYTEXANFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #60
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

Naaaa, that'd never work. Better to get rid of precious draft picks that we need more of for some never has been/never will be scrub. Yeah, that makes sense.

Damn, I'm good at this GM stuff.
What do you mean? Did you not see those two games from Hoyer? He was on the way to some major success and was going to easily be a pro bowler. We should definitely target Hoyer and forget about the potential of these rookies.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read