Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-02-2014   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brett Hundley, QB UCLA, expected to enter draft

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
Quote:
Two well connected west coast sources tell me they fully expect Brett Hundley/QB/UCLA to enter the 2014 NFL Draft....
Yes!

Born: June 15, 1993 (age 20), Arizona
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 223 lbs
3,071 yards 24 TDs 9 INTs

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brett Hundley, QB UCLA, expected to enter draft

OMG, I like.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

alright....this....changes the game a little.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I like him, but he seems very raw and uses a spread offense type playbook. I think he could go top 5 next year. Coming out this year I think he might be late round 1, early round 2.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I like him, but he seems very raw. I think he would go top 5 next year. Coming out this year I think he might be late round 1, early round 2.
This.

He's the third or fourth QB off the board in this draft.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #6
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it's Bleacher Report and they are generally terrible, but there is a lot of good information here on the pros and cons of him coming out along with some inside info from Shefty.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-the-nfl-draft

My 2 cents... I pray he is not a Texan.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline

Yes!

Born: June 15, 1993 (age 20), Arizona
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 223 lbs
3,071 yards 24 TDs 9 INTs

I said i wanted him before this info was released...ellisunit the insider ?!?! Haha
Old 01-02-2014   #8
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

If you like Josh Freeman you will Bret Hundley...there is a thread for kind of news.
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

i think he's very raw & he'll need to sit for a year...but i wouldn't be opposed to picking him up later in the 1st if we traded down.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #10
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol the only qb that compares to freeman in this class is shlake shortles

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #11
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

those of you who covet an overhead release will love this guy, he almost exaggerates that aspect to me.

Physical freak no doubt, he tore up a decent Hokie defense, but does he have it upstairs?
Old 01-02-2014   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I like him, but he seems very raw and uses a spread offense type playbook. I think he could go top 5 next year. Coming out this year I think he might be late round 1, early round 2.
About this spread type offense... shouldn't that be a plus? I mean New England basically runs a spread offense.
Old 01-02-2014   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

The more QBs that enter this draft the more potential options we'll have with our pick -- selecting or trading.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #14
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
The more QBs that enter this draft the more potential options we'll have with our pick -- selecting or trading.
BRILLIANT! ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! I can't believe that you wanted to go out on that limb.
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

From the little bit I saw of Hundley, I did not like him at all. He seemed...clunky to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #16
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i wouldn't take him before the 3rd round. Way to raw and disappointed in him because he would have greatly benefited from another year in college.

But for us its good, just adds another QB into the draft
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #17
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
UCLA uses a lot of spread formations, but Noel Mazzone tries to utilize a lot of pro concepts in the passing game. I think part of the reason Hundley has struggled in the passing game is because it's just a little too complicated for him right now.

He's a smart kid with a ton of talent though. Still think he should return for another year and develop.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
UCLA uses a lot of spread formations, but Noel Mazzone tries to utilize a lot of pro concepts in the passing game. I think part of the reason Hundley has struggled in the passing game is because it's just a little too complicated for him right now.

He's a smart kid with a ton of talent though. Still think he should return for another year and develop.
The folks getting all giddy watching Bortles run didn't see Hundley .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #19
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The folks getting all giddy watching Bortles run didn't see Hundley .
I've been a huge Hundley fan since his recruitment days. Kid was obviously talented and had a good head on his shoulders. His athleticism is very impressive, but he really needs to improve in the passing game. You see flashes, but no consistency.

As for Bortles, there's a lot to like, but he needs some work also.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I've been a huge Hundley fan since his recruitment days. Kid was obviously talented and had a good head on his shoulders. His athleticism is very impressive, but he really needs to improve in the passing game. You see flashes, but no consistency.

As for Bortles, there's a lot to like, but he needs some work also.
The halftime segment on Hundley was nice also . He seems to have his head on right to go along with all that talent .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read