Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-31-2013   #41
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WolverineFan/BL 2014 Texan Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Donald is too small to play in the 3-4 and he's really pushing to play 3 tech in 4-3. I gotta see how long his arms are before I slot him. Just as floyd has struggled getting off blocks,he will also.

I would replace donald with verrett or fuller. Top 3 of 3rd, even in a passing league, I like mccullers pushing the pocket and holdng the los. Part of the reason whitney couldn't get to qb was because mitchell didn't get any pocket penetration. Mccullers is a guy who plays with good pad level who will collapse the pocket and take away step up space. That help watt,crick,mecilous,and the other olb. The emegence of poe in kc really helped houston and hali. They knew they could come inside some times and the qb would be in their crosshairs. Jmo
He was picked in the 7th so you're not exactly counting on him being a starter . At the very least he'll be a demon on special teams .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #42
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry if there was no cherry picking involved in our less than sexy mock draft. Just boring, research based off this past season of College football along with Texan demise. BEST QB available (will give Bortles a look see, but it's only one game whatever happens) next best interior pass rusher not named Clowney in Donald. Franchise RT (right I know). Safety help (thanks for nothing Ed). Stud RB to give Foster run for his money (or maybe not for HIS money). Athletic play making TE who needs to stop wasting his breath on white powder. Add another inside beast (Brooks) to replace Wade Smith to a miserable injury riddled OL. Athletic play making TE who needs to stop wasting his breath on white powder. Last but not least a demon ILB who simply knock the piss out of you (players).

Happy New Year Texans,

ps: please give WolverineFan some love as this was a joint effort without him not nearly this polished, insightful & accurate (know what I mean)

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014   #43
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm starting to get on the trade a 3rd for Mallett and draft Clowney train.

Then trade down in the 2nd picking up a 4th and taking Moses late in the 2nd.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #44
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well with the Texans moving to a two-gap 3-4 that throws out the Donald pick, who was purely a "Wade 3-4" DE. I suppose I'd change that 2nd round pick from Donald to Ra'Shede Hageman.

Hageman is an absolute beast at 6'6, 310 lbs. Athletic freak with long arms and causes havoc in the backfield. A lot like Watt just not as good obviously. This move allows you to field 2 monster DE's in the new defense and you can sign a vet NT to finish off the front. When facing single blocking, Hageman will usually win. He is disruptive enough that you have to double team him, which means both of our DE's will be taking double teams and keep the LB's clean to make plays. The issue with Hageman is that he struggles to beat double teams, so unlike Watt, he won't still be causing havoc when double teamed.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #45
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Well with the Texans moving to a two-gap 3-4 that throws out the Donald pick, who was purely a "Wade 3-4" DE. I suppose I'd change that 2nd round pick from Donald to Ra'Shede Hageman.

Hageman is an absolute beast at 6'6, 310 lbs. Athletic freak with long arms and causes havoc in the backfield. A lot like Watt just not as good obviously. This move allows you to field 2 monster DE's in the new defense and you can sign a vet NT to finish off the front. When facing single blocking, Hageman will usually win. He is disruptive enough that you have to double team him, which means both of our DE's will be taking double teams and keep the LB's clean to make plays. The issue with Hageman is that he struggles to beat double teams, so unlike Watt, he won't still be causing havoc when double teamed.
What about fat guy in the middle ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #46
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Hagemann at that spot.
Old 01-04-2014   #47
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mock has been updated in other thread:

Updated Wolverine/BL Mock

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read