Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1781
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115041 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
/thread...?

...please?
Quote:
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet ∑ 4h

At this point, QB Ryan Mallett is still on the #Patriots roster. If heís cut, the #Texans are expected to claim him. Hasnít happened yet tho
But Ian keeps saying.....
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1782
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Unfortunately I think this will linger through the season.

Ah and here is the real perfect storm...Schaub plays well but the Raiders come out and say it was only temporary to ready Carr they want to trade Schaub now that he is his old self ... and the Texans are rumored to be interested...

...with VY to come in as backup.

Even VY goes at the MB meltdown.
And Case becomes the GM/HC and leads us to 5 consecutive Super Bowl wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1783
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83884 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
And Case becomes the GM/HC and leads us to 5 consecutive Super Bowl wins.
And David Carr comes out of retirement, reunites with kubiak. We play them in the sixth Super Bowl. Carr is playing well. But he gets hurt. Sage is his back up. 8 seconds left they are down 5, sage takes of running close to the endzone. JJ watt and clowney hit him simultaneously causing him to spin.....like a helicopter...

He fumbles....but Brandon Harris who has been converted to WR recovers it in the endzone ending our dynasty.

The loss is blamed on swearinger because of a taunting penalty he got on the first defensive series.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1784
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
If the Raiders were comfortable trading McGloin for that, why wouldn't the Texans have just traded Schaub for him? I think they like McGloin as a long term backup and are keeping him.

If the Texans are considering trading for a QB, they should call the Niners about Josh Johnson.
Yep! Think about it, if you're the Raiders and you're looking to 2015, who would you rather have (if you had to choose just one), Matt Schaub at $5.5 Million (none of which is guaranteed) or Matt McGloin at $585K?

Derek Carr is the QB of the future (probably the very near future), and Matt McGloin is a cheap, competent backup. Schaub is a one year, poorly chosen, stop-gap solution. But they're the Raiders, that's what they do - trade for inadequate QB's.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1785
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83884 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Against?? I'll post the video of me burning my Texans golf bag if Mallet ever plays a down for the Texans.
Ruroh!!!!
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1786
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Ruroh!!!!
He still has to play a down!! Not looking good for that bag though.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1787
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Against?? I'll post the video of me burning my Texans golf bag if Mallet ever plays a down for the Texans.

"we don't need no water, let that mutha' f'er burn! Burn mutha' f'er, burn!"

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1788
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So, uh Doc...Are you going to use a Go-Pro or are we going to get a grainy or pixelated crappy cell phone video? Surely since you're international you've picked up one of the latest and greatest G0-Pros, eh?

Standing by...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1789
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't do it, Doc!

Save the Texans golf bag!
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1790
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
So, uh Doc...Are you going to use a Go-Pro or are we going to get a grainy or pixelated crappy cell phone video? Surely since you're international you've picked up one of the latest and greatest G0-Pros, eh?

Standing by...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Don't do it, Doc!

Geez!!! It's the preseason!! Nothing counts!!!

Besides, my clubs and bag are in Lufkin and I'm in Charlotte, NC right now!!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1791
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol - guess the thread title didn't need changing.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1792
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Lol - guess the thread title didn't need changing.
Like we say in the Help Desk profession, leave it alone long enough and it'll fix itself.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1793
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 26739 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Like we say in the Help Desk profession, leave it alone long enough and it'll fix itself.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1794
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Geez!!! It's the preseason!! Nothing counts!!!

Besides, my clubs and bag are in Lufkin and I'm in Charlotte, NC right now!!!
Well, technically Mallet still has yet to take a snap in a game so you better pray Fitzy never gets hurt.

My offer still stands by the way. I'd hate to see a good golf bag burned. Now that Mario jersey on the other hand...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1795
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
That's another way of looking at it. I've been involved in that myself at times.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1796
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
That's another way of looking at it. I've been involved in that myself at times.
Some of the guys I've worked with considered that "job security."
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1797
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
That sounds a lot like "Better is the enemy of good enough"
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1798
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Don't do it, Doc!

I offered a viable alternative when he first made that statement.
I'm still waitin'
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1799
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 8544 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the chance that Mallett starts game one? I think OB is going to shock a few and have Mallet playing sooner rather than later. Whether that's game 1, 2, or 3 I don't know.
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1800
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull View Post
What's the chance that Mallett starts game one? I think OB is going to shock a few and have Mallet playing sooner rather than later. Whether that's game 1, 2, or 3 I don't know.
I think it depends entirely on how much the verbiage has changed in the three years since OB was in NE. A lot of these schemes keep the verbiage essentially the same from year to year with just a few minor tweaks here and there.

If the verbiage is the same, I'm not going to be surprised if Mallett starts game one. I know I'm in the minority on that but I think Mallett is a better QB than Fitzpatrick and I think he already knows this system.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read