Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2014   #1761
brg88tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 9919 brg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

our qbs suck so bad there are many teams' 3rd and 4th qb that would be an upgrade for us. I hope we sign someone Saturday.

Connor Shaw is near the top of my list.
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #1762
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardc5637 View Post
What are the chances that the Jets release Vick.
Probably about the same as the chances we pick him up if he's released.

Old 08-29-2014   #1763
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by brg88tx View Post
our qbs suck so bad there are many teams' 3rd and 4th qb that would be an upgrade for us. I hope we sign someone Saturday.

Connor Shaw is near the top of my list.
I doubt many people outside the Patriots watched Cassel in the preseason & thought he could lead them to an 11-5 season.

Then he went to KC with Charlie Weisz went 10-6 & had people saying, "Maybe Bowe isn't a bust."

I'm not a big Fitzpatrick fan, or a little Fitzpatrick fan but I still think there's enough talent on this team that he won't slow us down too much.
Old 08-30-2014   #1764
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Terrelle Pryor was cut by the Seahawks!

Git'r done Rick.

Old 08-30-2014   #1765
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Git'r done Rick.

That would be hilarious.. I already hear the circus clown music playing when Texans QB's trot onto the field. Might as well make it a foursome eh?

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014   #1766
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If we get him off the wire that means Belichick gets nothing. What's to stop St. Louis from giving him a 6th?

If O'Brien thought anything of Ryan Mallett why would he risk it? If he's willing to start the season with Fitzpatrick to call his bluff... the. He's not seeing the upside many think might be there.
It's not just about the player. It's also about time to learn the system. This is why Keenum and Savage are better than others with similar or even slightly better skill level without knowledge of the system.

St. Louis needs a veteran backup that knows their system or can pick it up quickly, not a trainee. Is Mallett worth a late rounder under THESE circumstances? Maybe. But maybe not. It is also possible that knowing Belecheats system isn't quite the same as knowing OBs system. There seems to be almost universal acceptance that OB is just Belecheat light. Again, maybe not.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014   #1767
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Git'r done Rick.

Well, if everything else would collapse, at least we'd have some excitement and a good draft pick...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2014   #1768
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd get on the phone with Oak and see if we could get McGloin for a 6-7th. I'd much rather go with him over Fitz. He knows the offense already. For some reason he reminds me of Rich Gannon, though he doesn't run as much
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014   #1769
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I'd get on the phone with Oak and see if we could get McGloin for a 6-7th. I'd much rather go with him over Fitz. He knows the offense already. For some reason he reminds me of Rich Gannon, though he doesn't run as much
I just think if something like this were to happen, it would have happened back in training camp. Not 1 week from the opener. Sadly we are rolling with Fitz, Case and Tom. People need to get over it and hope for the best at this point.
Old 08-30-2014   #1770
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Why? Because he's better than Fitz?

We don't need to be looking for QBs that are better than Fitzpatrick, we need to be looking for our franchise QB. Fitz is who he is & he is where he is. I'm not interested in taking baby steps, or threading water... the next QB we get should be a bonafide blue chip.
Old 08-30-2014   #1771
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We don't need to be looking for QBs that are better than Fitzpatrick, we need to be looking for our franchise QB. Fitz is who he is & he is where he is. I'm not interested in taking baby steps, or threading water... the next QB we get should be a bonafide blue chip.
Tired of the brown chips?
Old 08-30-2014   #1772
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

While I agree we need to be searching for our long term answer, thats not likely to happen until next off season. I also follow the Raiders and theres something about McGloin. Worse case scenario we'd have a long term back up with him. Best case, he and savage both continue to develop to the point where one is tradable for a good draft pick.
Old 08-30-2014   #1773
otisbean
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I just think if something like this were to happen, it would have happened back in training camp. Not 1 week from the opener. Sadly we are rolling with Fitz, Case and Tom. People need to get over it and hope for the best at this point.
My hope is that with Carr showing strong signs of progressing, they would be comfortable rolling with Scahub and Carr making McGloin expendable. A late round pick might be enough to convince them to let him go
Old 08-30-2014   #1774
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd get on the phone with Oak and see if we could get McGloin for a 6-7th.
If the Raiders were comfortable trading McGloin for that, why wouldn't the Texans have just traded Schaub for him? I think they like McGloin as a long term backup and are keeping him.

If the Texans are considering trading for a QB, they should call the Niners about Josh Johnson.
Old 08-30-2014   #1775
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Tired of the brown chips?
msr
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014   #1776
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
If the Raiders were comfortable trading McGloin for that, why wouldn't the Texans have just traded Schaub for him? I think they like McGloin as a long term backup and are keeping him.

If the Texans are considering trading for a QB, they should call the Niners about Josh Johnson.
And if I were the Niners I'd hang up on you.
Now if you wanted to talk to us (the Niners) about a trade for Gabbert, I might listen.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014   #1777
otisbean
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Good point, not sure how's Schuab's contract would have effected that decision, maybe it was better for us to cut him? Maybe they thought the guys we have would have been good enough (which still may prove to be the case though Im not holding my breath lol)
Old 08-30-2014   #1778
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Tom E. Curran @tomecurran
Quote:
Confirmed Ryan Mallett has made the Patriots 53. #patriotstalk
Old 08-30-2014   #1779
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

/thread...?

...please?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014   #1780
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
/thread...?

...please?
Unfortunately I think this will linger through the season.

Ah and here is the real perfect storm...Schaub plays well but the Raiders come out and say it was only temporary to ready Carr they want to trade Schaub now that he is his old self ... and the Texans are rumored to be interested...

...with VY to come in as backup.

Even VY goes at the MB meltdown.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read