Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2014   #1501
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135670 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we still after Mallet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd be shocked if we changed our QB plan this late in the game.
I would be too.
xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014   #1502
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd be shocked if we changed our QB plan this late in the game.
Da Fitz, unless injured or ill, will be our starting QB for game one with the Redskins. I was hoping Keenum could beat him out, and maybe he still will, who knows? Maybe Savage will. I have a feeling we'll be watching Fitz run the show for while this season.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014   #1503
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I don't think Keenum is practice squad eligible anymore and he wouldn't clear waivers this time I don't believe.
No don't see him clearing waivers either, so any question about his PS eligibility is moot. I mean what the hell, Billy chose Keenum over TJ, cut him, then the Falcons grabbed him right away as their BU and other teams were probably going to make that move had not ATL done so. If Keenum goes on waivers, he's most likely also gone fast.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014   #1504
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

I'll be shocked if the Texans don't go into the season with 3 QB's and Savage inactive on game days.
Old 08-03-2014   #1505
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Da Fitz, unless injured or ill, will be our starting QB for game one with the Redskins. I was hoping Keenum could beat him out, and maybe he still will, who knows? Maybe Savage will. I have a feeling we'll be watching Fitz run the show for while this season.
I'm not saying the QB battle is over, just that I don't see us bringing someone in at this point.
Old 08-04-2014   #1506
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Mayock: Patriots' Ryan Mallett is 'legitimate starting QB'
Quote:
"I was blown away. Today I saw a legitimate NFL starting quarterback backing up Tom Brady," Mayock said after Monday's scrimmage versus the Redskins.

"So as the season progresses and we get closer to draft time and what the Patriots can or can't do with him, I think they drafted Jimmy Garoppolo for a reason, as an insurance policy. But trust me, Ryan Mallet's a starting quarterback in this league, and he popped today."
Old 08-04-2014   #1507
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Minutes after Maycock tweeted this a response from a Pats beat writer completely debunked it:
Quote:
Michael Giardi @MikeGiardi
Just laughed at report that Mallett "popped" today. He was schizo at best. Picked a couple times. Multiple INCs in 11 on 11. #Patriotstalk
Now I could understand two different opinions on what was seen but both these comments are on the opposite end of the spectrum from each other.

Agendas? Blindness? You tell me...
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2014   #1508
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Minutes after Maycock tweeted this a response from a Pats beat writer completely debunked it:

Now I could understand two different opinions on what was seen but both these comments are on the opposite end of the spectrum from each other.

Agenda. Mayock probably owes Mallett's agent a favor.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #1509
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mayock is prone to embellishment, but I have read much good about how Mallett looks in TC.
Old 08-04-2014   #1510
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Agenda. Mayock probably owes Mallett's agent a favor.
Rappaport was quick to retweet it. Probably still convinced the Texans are trading for Mallet.

Full tin foil hate mode ENGAGE: I still think belichick is behind this. Convince national media Mayock/Rappaport to tweet positive things and try to move Mallet since they lose him for nothing after the season. Rapaport started as a Boston sports writer and has ties.
Old 08-04-2014   #1511
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
...I still think belichick is behind this. Convince national media Mayock/Rappaport to tweet positive things and try to move Mallet since they lose him for nothing after the season. Rapaport started as a Boston sports writer and has ties.
Have to wait for Garoppolo first, and he's not there yet.
Old 08-04-2014   #1512
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Have to wait for Garoppolo first, and he's not there yet.
Brady goes down they are screwed either way if Mallet is terrible. Should have taken that 6th round pick that Smith was rumored to be dangling in front of him during the draft.
Old 08-04-2014   #1513
gohogs14
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 gohogs14 is a quality contributor and well respectedgohogs14 is a quality contributor and well respectedgohogs14 is a quality contributor and well respectedgohogs14 is a quality contributor and well respectedgohogs14 is a quality contributor and well respectedgohogs14 is a quality contributor and well respectedgohogs14 is a quality contributor and well respectedgohogs14 is a quality contributor and well respectedgohogs14 is a quality contributor and well respectedgohogs14 is a quality contributor and well respectedgohogs14 is a quality contributor and well respected

He was 6-9 today with 1 INT

From what i've read he has days where he looks teriffic and days where he looks awful
gohogs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #1514
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...te-starting-qb

Jeez....Mayocks thoughts on Mallet are a headline on nfl.com. Im telling you Belechik is manipulating the media.
Old 08-04-2014   #1515
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brady goes down they are screwed either way if Mallet is terrible. Should have taken that 6th round pick that Smith was rumored to be dangling in front of him during the draft.
Or they have another 11-5 season like they did with Matt Cassel. Everybody thought the Pats were screwed when Brady went down then too...That system they run can take a mediocre QB and make them very good to great. Don't know what it is or what voodoo they have but...

Never bet against the Hoodie....never....*unless they are playing the Giants in the SuperBowl*

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #1516
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135670 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take Mallett over every QB on this roster.

Not sure how much I'd give up to get him, but just the player...I'd take him...
Old 08-04-2014   #1517
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohogs14 View Post
He was 6-9 today with 1 INT

From what i've read he has days where he looks teriffic and days where he looks awful
That sounds familiar...
...oh yeah, Case is on again/off again too.
'tis the way of the young QB
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #1518
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I'd take Mallett over every QB on this roster.

Not sure how much I'd give up to get him, but just the player...I'd take him...
What the heck was that?

Come on.

You want a QB and you don't know the price?

Sorry, but it sounds like just talk.

John
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014   #1519
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You want a QB and you don't know the price?

I haven't sat and thought about how much I'd be willing to trade for Mallett, but right now, I'd take him over every QB on the roster.

What's hard to get about that?

If all of them were free agents signing for the same money, I'd take Mallett easily.

Doesn't mean I'm convinced Mallett is a franchise guy. Just means I feel better about him than the guys we have right now.

And I really like Keenum. I like him more than the other two guys we have. But if he gets out there and gets tunnel vision again, then it doesn't matter. He might get cut.

Last edited by xtruroyaltyx; 08-05-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2014   #1520
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

for what it's worth Mike Mayock of the NFL network was reporting from the joint practice of the Pats last week with the Redskins, and he gave a report on Mallett that was really glowing, said he looked like a Starting NFL QB who happens to still be a backup.

Also IIRC Mallett is a FA after the season, might he be a guy that the Texans target next offseason as a FA.

After that report, I will be watching him more this preseason.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read