Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-09-2014   #1261
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yep. Fresno State threw screens all day. His down field accuracy (over 20 yards) was one of the worst. Manziel, bridgewater, and bortles were all better iirc.

Okay, found the chart:
What stands out about that chart is the percentage of completions Vs pressure & Low % of completions >16 yards for HWWNBM2.

I'd like to see that comparison with Garappolo in the mix .... just curious

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1262
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, I don't see the downside in trading for Mallett. Make the trade, get him under a contract that is fair market value for a backup QB and give the kid a shot. If he pans out, hey great you got him on the cheap for X amount of years and if he doesn't, no harm against your cap.

you could still take a Murray, or even Mettenberger in the later rounds and let all the QBs battle it out in camp.

I know he is unproven but so are every single rookie QB in this draft, and Mallet has about a 3 year head start on the offense. I think Mike Florio said it best this morning....

it is a case of the devil you know vs the devil you don't know. OB knows Mallett, probably had a say in drafting him. If the price is reasonable, pull the trigger and move on...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1263
Shezza
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Shezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really bummed we missed out on TB by one pick. But surely we got told about the Vikes moving up so had the chance to beat whatever was offered.

We are not in the position to tank for Winston or Marriota so I am at a loss.

Perhaps AJ. Perhaps Malllot but I'm not sold. We Are in a bad situation now.

Would like Carr but it's not going to happen given history.

So .... I suppose it's time to get excited about Fitzmagic.
Shezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1264
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shezza View Post
I'm really bummed we missed out on TB by one pick. But surely we got told about the Vikes moving up so had the chance to beat whatever was offered.

We are not in the position to tank for Winston or Marriota so I am at a loss.

Perhaps AJ. Perhaps Malllot but I'm not sold. We Are in a bad situation now.

Would like Carr but it's not going to happen given history.

So .... I suppose it's time to get excited about Fitzmagic.
Fitz is insurance, but no need to panic yet. Still lots of qb's out there and two days to go till the end of the draft
Old 05-09-2014   #1265
brg88tx
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 brg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...63I/story.html
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1266
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77990 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brg88tx View Post
So its an article that says the trade didn't happen.

Duh?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1267
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
IMO, I don't see the downside in trading for Mallett. Make the trade, get him under a contract that is fair market value for a backup QB and give the kid a shot. If he pans out, hey great you got him on the cheap for X amount of years and if he doesn't, no harm against your cap.

you could still take a Murray, or even Mettenberger in the later rounds and let all the QBs battle it out in camp.

I know he is unproven but so are every single rookie QB in this draft, and Mallet has about a 3 year head start on the offense. I think Mike Florio said it best this morning....

it is a case of the devil you know vs the devil you don't know. OB knows Mallett, probably had a say in drafting him. If the price is reasonable, pull the trigger and move on...

I can accept Mallett if we don't even dream of giving him an extension until AFTER the season. Cause if he sucks we can dump him and all we lose is a late round pick.
Old 05-09-2014   #1268
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I can accept Mallett if we don't even dream of giving him an extension until AFTER the season. Cause if he sucks we can dump him and all we lose is a late round pick.
Seriously? What if he lights it big time and because we didnt sign him to an extension he ask for crazy money?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1269
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to get Carr just so I can take my pants off and watch the message board universe melt down.
Old 05-09-2014   #1270
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 14846 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Seriously? What if he lights it big time and because we didnt sign him to an extension he ask for crazy money?
So then how do you value a contract for him if you sign him to an extension after you trade for him? Texans don't negotiate contracts during the season. I bet Mallett would bet on himself and choose to talk on a deal after the season is over.
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1271
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

There ya go

Quote:
Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran · 36m
On Mallett, @Edwerderespn says he's been told Mallett is "not available" in trade. Houston was driver on talks. Presuming those are now dead
Old 05-09-2014   #1272
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
There ya go
Quote:
Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran · 36m
On Mallett, @Edwerderespn says he's been told Mallett is "not available" in trade. Houston was driver on talks. Presuming those are now dead
Everybody has a price.....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1273
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
What stands out about that chart is the percentage of completions Vs pressure & Low % of completions >16 yards for HWWNBM2.

I'd like to see that comparison with Garappolo in the mix .... just curious
Hello! I'd like to see the same thing. Anybody listening?

Freakin draftniks!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1274
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pats and Texans wouldn't consummate a trade for Mallett until New England drafts his replacement. If we are in the 2nd round and you hear "New England selects Anthony McCarron, QB, University of Alabama", then you'll know something is up.
Old 05-09-2014   #1275
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Pats and Texans wouldn't consummate a trade for Mallett until New England drafts his replacement. If we are in the 2nd round and you hear "New England selects Anthony McCarron, QB, University of Alabama", then you'll know something is up.
I think McCarron is who the Texans end up drafting ..... after looking at the numbers & measurable for each QB last night he compares favorably with "all of the above" in terms of production numbers , has the size , won back to back BCS championships , can make every throw and only has one knock - the fact he had so much talent around him he's hard to evaluate.

How bout unedit the edit in this thread title from Mallett to .... your guess is as good as mine!!

Old 05-09-2014   #1276
xtruroyaltyx
All Pro

Rep Power: 43446 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick Smith flat out said that the rumors are false and that the team has not been involved in any conversations with the Pats about Mallett.

xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1277
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Rick Smith flat out said that the rumors are false and that the team has not been involved in any conversations with the Pats about Mallett.

Good. I want nothing to do with Mallet.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1278
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

He didn't say that he hasn't been talking to an intermediary who is brokering the deal.

Old 05-09-2014   #1279
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 27227 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
How bout unedit the edit in this thread title from Mallett to .... your guess is as good as mine!!
That's why I didn't do a mock this year. I mean, we're seldom right, but it's fun anyway. Still, with a new head coach, whom many are putting premature faith in, when it comes to QB and other skill positions, there is too much wait-and-see for me and my efforts.

If all this faith in OB is warranted, whatever QB he picks should give a sense of joy to most.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #1280
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
That's why I didn't do a mock this year. I mean, we're seldom right, but it's fun anyway. Still, with a new head coach, whom many are putting premature faith in, when it comes to QB and other skill positions, there is too much wait-and-see for me and my efforts.

If all this faith in OB is warranted, whatever QB he picks should give a sense of joy to most.
I have a feeling it's going to be

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read