Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-08-2014   #1221
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I understand your point - but with his numbers, I don't think it is that much of a deal. He is a good insurance policy for the upcoming year at an affordable price. He is getting paid under $800,000 for this upcoming year, for someone who the Pats have been able to work with over the past 3 years, so they must have a degree of comfort with him.

If I were a Pats fan I would probably be questioning why someone who has the reps in pracise and familiarity and can be their backup for one more year is being shipped out for a 5th rounder or less (unless, they really have that little faith in him, which is a warning sign for the Texans).
Or if he wouldn't do a deal with the Pats because he wants to find a place where he can at least compete for a starting position.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #1222
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Or if he wouldn't do a deal with the Pats because he wants to find a place where he can at least compete for a starting position.
Oh from his perspective this works out great. He gets a shot to try and get a multi-year contract with another team and try be the starter, and if that doesn't work out see out the season, pick up the $800,000, and position yourself for the FA market next year where you'll have the pick of the NFL who are interested in a QB.

It is the Pats side, that I'm questioning more than anything.
Old 05-08-2014   #1223
Victor B
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Victor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Don't want and wouldn't offer anything more than a 5th. Who are we bidding against? He's a FA next year, what are they going to do? Say no and sign him to a big extension instead?
I agree. It's a trap. If we have to sign him to a long term extension then we are in trouble. The Pats organization isn't dumb. If they are willing to send him off for a 5-7 then that should tell you something.

I only do this if we don't draft any QB's at all. We have a ton of holes to fill, we can't waste 2 picks on QB's.

I much prefer to take our own QB somewhere 3rd-5th rounds.
Victor B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #1224
brg88tx
Rookie

Rep Power: 6456 brg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respected

I for one welcome a big tall qb with the strongest arm in the nfl to our team.
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #1225
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Low round low risk, I don't mind one bit. Bring him in
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #1226
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

When Belichick wants to give you something you should step back and check your pockets to make sure your wallet and keys are still there. Probably should look at your watch as well.

For some reason I just feel like this is a big dicking about to happen to the Texans.
Old 05-08-2014   #1227
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8094 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

if anyone knows what mallet can do it's prob BoB
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2014   #1228
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
if anyone knows what mallet can do it's prob BoB

No doubt about it. In his one year working with the offense and watching the rookie try to figure out where everything was and learn his playbook I'm sure he learned everything there is to know about Mallet.

Familiar? Yes. Really sure about him? I don't think so. If he'd come from the Patriots directly and coached him for a couple of years I'd feel better. If he'd watched him develop. He's better informed than most (probably more familiar with him than Kubiak was with Schaub) but I don't think he's immunized from getting fleeced by Hoodie.
Old 05-08-2014   #1229
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want Mallett. His name sounds like a misspelled fish. We should cancel this trade.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #1230
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 8544 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
No doubt about it. In his one year working with the offense and watching the rookie try to figure out where everything was and learn his playbook I'm sure he learned everything there is to know about Mallet.

Familiar? Yes. Really sure about him? I don't think so. If he'd come from the Patriots directly and coached him for a couple of years I'd feel better. If he'd watched him develop. He's better informed than most (probably more familiar with him than Kubiak was with Schaub) but I don't think he's immunized from getting fleeced by Hoodie.
Our qb coach was on the Pats staff the last three seasons so I'm sure he knows everything that BOB needs to know about Mallet.
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #1231
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull View Post
Our qb coach was on the Pats staff the last three seasons so I'm sure he knows everything that BOB needs to know about Mallet.
Did not know that. Concerns somewhat alleviated.

Thanks for the info!
Old 05-08-2014   #1232
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by brg88tx View Post
I for one welcome a big tall qb with the strongest arm in the nfl to our team.
But... but..

will we still draft Johnny Football?

Old 05-08-2014   #1233
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't want Mallett. His name sounds like a misspelled fish. We should cancel this trade.
How cool would it be if we got Mallet and wore his hair in a Mullet?

Yeah. Not cool at all.
Old 05-08-2014   #1234
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114521 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

JFF dropping...
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #1235
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
JFF dropping...
Pretty classy of him to congratulate his team mate.
Old 05-08-2014   #1236
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 90988 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But... but..

will we still draft Johnny Football?

If he's there at 2.1, I'd give it a lot of thought. Jaws called it yesterday that he would be there at 2.1
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #1237
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114521 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
If he's there at 2.1, I'd give it a lot of thought. Jaws called it yesterday that he would be there at 2.1
I think the Texans move back up. Either that or the Pats draft teddy and Pats trade Malett
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #1238
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the Texans move back up. Either that or the Pats draft teddy and Pats trade Malett
Bridgewater or Mallett ..... give me Bridgewater , mainly because of their respective contract status'.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #1239
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
They're thinking Brady is going to be the man for another three years. They won't be drafting a QB before the third, if they take one in the third at all. They're most likely looking at guys like Tom Savage, Keith Wenning, maybe a guy like Stephen Morris from Miami.
Old 05-08-2014   #1240
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90373 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, at least if the Texans don't get Teddy B and suck next year, at least the best college QB isn't a crab-thieving rapist,

Oh...
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read