Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-11-2014   #1101
Texas Nomad
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Texas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

I dont expect Keenum to make the final roster cut. He's back up quality on his best of days. I look for O'Brien to sever any cat calling from the stands/media and end that experiment.
Old 04-20-2014   #1102
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Not much about Mallett lately but I doubt very much that O'Brien has forgot about him as one of the possible options for the Texans as their long-term plan at QB.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #1103
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
until he finds out he can't "audible" at the line of scrimmage...

If I am not mistaken, Flacco was one of a few QBs in the NFL that call his own plays at the line, wonder how THAT is gonna go over with Kubiak...
Yeah , because the audibles were built into each play. We've been thru this a dozen times or more.

Each play had many adjustments , even from pass to run and run to pass, you didn't change the entire play , you just made the proper adjustment based upon what the defense showed you.

QB cant audible is a complete and total myth .... started by Kubiak himself because he fell on the sword for his quarterback when he made poor decisions.

How many times does this have to be explained before people get it ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #1104
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yeah , because the audibles were built into each play. We've been thru this a dozen times or more.

Each play had many adjustments , even from pass to run and run to pass, you didn't change the entire play , you just made the proper adjustment based upon what the defense showed you.

QB cant audible is a complete and total myth .... started by Kubiak himself because he fell on the sword for his quarterback when he made poor decisions.

Give or take a couple, I'm going to say........ infinity plus one.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014   #1105
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I get it, which is why I put "audible" into quotes, I understand how Kubiak did it, however Flacco is has been calling his own plays for a few years now and changes plays on the fly all the time. Not going into the play with only this option and that option...

When you have 2 controlling egos, can't say that is gonna mesh well...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014   #1106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I get it, which is why I put "audible" into quotes, I understand how Kubiak did it, however Flacco is has been calling his own plays for a few years now and changes plays on the fly all the time. Not going into the play with only this option and that option...

Well, outside of the play offs, Flacco has sucked calling his own plays. If he wants to get to the play offs again, without Ray Lewis leading his defense, he'd do well to listen to Kubiak & start leading his team to victory.
Old 04-21-2014   #1107
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

He's tanned...he's rested Bill! Iesvs is my co-pilot, but Bill is my QB.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2014   #1108
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is inconsistent with a whole lot of reporting on their changes in OC over the last few years. Can you point to an article on Flacco's total control?
Old 04-21-2014   #1109
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This is inconsistent with a whole lot of reporting on their changes in OC over the last few years. Can you point to an article on Flacco's total control?
I'll do some digging. It was an article a year or so back about QBs in the NFL that call their own plays at the line. It had Rodgers, Rothlisberger, Manning, Brady and Flacco.

It basically said that these QBs would call their own plays at the line and the OC would make suggestions in their headset to what play would be more successful, run or pass and such but that these QBs controlled the tempo and plays on the field...

I remember being a little shocked that Flacco was among that group

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014   #1110
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll do some digging. It was an article a year or so back about QBs in the NFL that call their own plays at the line. It had Rodgers, Rothlisberger, Manning, Brady and Flacco.

It basically said that these QBs would call their own plays at the line and the OC would make suggestions in their headset to what play would be more successful, run or pass and such but that these QBs controlled the tempo and plays on the field...

I remember being a little shocked that Flacco was among that group
Well a big story in their 2012 SB season was changing OCs mid season - Jim Caldwell and Cam Cameron. There was lots of talk about the changes in playcalling.
Old 04-21-2014   #1111
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48657 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As Aretha Franklin and Randy Travis would say, Forever and Ever.
Old 04-21-2014   #1112
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jason McIntyre ‏@jasonrmcintyre 5h
Lots of NFL rumblings that Mallett gets dealt on draft weekend.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014   #1113
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
Jason McIntyre ‏@jasonrmcintyre 5h
Lots of NFL rumblings that Mallett gets dealt on draft weekend.
I wouldn't be surprised if we managed to trade our 1st for an extra 2nd & trade it to New England for their 2nd & Mallet.
Old 04-21-2014   #1114
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if we managed to trade our 1st for an extra 2nd & trade it to New England for their 2nd & Mallet.
So they are going to trade Mallet just to move up a few spots in the 2nd round?
Old 04-21-2014   #1115
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Yup.
Old 04-21-2014   #1116
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yup.
Old 04-21-2014   #1117
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mallet is a free agent next year. Something is better than nothing.

I would rather trade a swap of picks for Mallet than draft McCarron/Mettenberger at 2.1
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014   #1118
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Ok, maybe we'll throw in our 6th from the Raiders.
Old 04-22-2014   #1119
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Mallet is a free agent next year. Something is better than nothing.

I would rather trade a swap of picks for Mallet than draft McCarron/Mettenberger at 2.1
Why?

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #1120
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Why?
Let's see... a guy that some people think is already one of the 32 best QBs in the league vs. two guys that are rookies who may never develop into one of the best 32 guys in the league. A guy that has worked with OB before and that OB knows vs. two guys OB has never worked with and has no idea if they'll be able to step up. A guy who has been in the QB room with Tom Brady for a few years vs. a couple of guys who haven't.

Yeah, you're right. Why would someone prefer Mallett over a couple of untested rookies?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read