Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-08-2014   #1041
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
AJ at QB

......... Championship!!!
That's what I said.

Old 04-08-2014   #1042
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Yeah, I said anyone can be wrong, but I would say he has not missed on Wilson. What has Wilson done that is so spectacular? His success is more related to the running game and elite defense that Seattle has, not that he is a spectacular pocket passer. Look at what Houston was doing to him in the first half of that game. Only when they stopped the tactics that worked in the first half did his legs become a factor. Wilson is a bad example.

You can't honestly be saying you are comparing Ryan Fitzpatrick to Matt Schaub right? I understand you hate the guy, but lets be serious here. Fitzpatrick could not hold Schaub's jock. You want to talk "Factory of Sadness" just wait until Fitz is starting for the Texans.

I'd rather see Keenum or Yates start over Fitz, and that is saying something.
Ryan Fitzpatrick beat Matt Schaub in the last game of the season. Just saying.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #1043
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'd applaud if they decided this was one of the occasional 0 decent QB classes like 2002, 2006, 2007 and held off rather than waste a pick.
Or they believe they can do just as well with the QBs they have, not that they don't believe the QBs in this draft aren't "decent."

Let's say the best QB in this draft turns out to be Derek Carr. He goes on to have a season like Staffords, or Bradford (hmmm... ~ford), I'd have no issue with that if Case or Tj turns out to be just as "alright"

Like we gave up two 2s for Schaub.... well I'm glad we did that, instead of spending a 1st on Brady Quin, Kevin Kolb, or John Beck.
Old 04-08-2014   #1044
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
No the Titans beat the Texans in the last game of the season. Both QBs played like crap.
Old 04-08-2014   #1045
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No the Titans beat the Texans in the last game of the season. Both QBs played like crap.
Fitzpatrick played less crappy than Schaub at least. Schaub threw 2 picks and fumbled once and Fitz only threw one pick.
Old 04-08-2014   #1046
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think Fitzpatrick starts this year if the Texans pick a QB at #1, anything else and he will and it will be....

magic....nay - nay....it shall be Fitzmagic!

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #1047
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I don't think Fitzpatrick starts this year if the Texans pick a QB at #1, anything else and he will and it will be....

magic....nay - nay....it shall be Fitzmagic!
Agreed, I was just pointing out that Fitzgerald was about as effective as Schaub was last year.
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2014   #1048
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
While I agree Yates did not get a fair shake last season, Keenum got more than a fair shake. How many other QB's have gotten a chance to come in as a UDFA and start 6 games in the NFL? You didn't afford any excuses for Schaub's play when the team was collapsing around him, don't make excuses for Keenum regardless of the circumstances. Keenum had a great opportunity to prove himself. He failed. Having said that, I would rather see him start than Fitzpatrick!

LOL
I don't think Keenum got a fair shake because Kubiak, for some unknown reason, abandoned the kind of offensive play calling that Keenum was thriving in after 2 games. Kubiak just couldn't get away from his normal playcalling strategies that were very well figured out.

Keenum flashed some ability, but not as a pocket passer or traditional QB. Kind of like Wilson, or the college Manziel ( no idea if his game translates to the NFL, but my gut says no.) but with less talent.
Old 04-08-2014   #1049
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fitzmagic!
Fitzmagic

Pickspatrick

Picksmagic
Old 04-08-2014   #1050
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd applaud if they decided this was one of the occasional 0 decent QB classes like 2002, 2006, 2007 and held off rather than waste a pick.
Are you speaking strictly of wasting a pick @ 1.1? It wouldn't hurt my feelings to pass on a QB @ 1.1 and take one in a later round, if that QB was BPA at the time.
Old 04-08-2014   #1051
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Fitzmagic

Pickspatrick

Picksmagic
LOL
You're having way too much fun with this.
Old 04-08-2014   #1052
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Does it really matter? At the end of the day Fitzpatrick has kicked our ass whether a Titan or a Ram.
Old 04-09-2014   #1053
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104353 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Actually, he said he might take two...Here's the PFT link.

But that could just be a smokescreen and jedi-mind-tricks!

Seriously, though. I expect him to draft at least one. But if he chooses not to pick now, I'm fine with that, too. I'd rather he draft good players than to draft a QB he doesn't think will be any good. Sometimes it's better to just move on rather than to force things.

This just might not be the year we can solve the QB position. If it isn't, I hope next year is.
I agree, I would rather them try to get the franchise guy next season when better prospects should be available. Doesn't mean I want to watch a train wreck like last season, but if it happens so be it. I have been meaning to catch up on my string theory anyway.

Quote:

I am sure UPS will be delivering your new Fitzpatrick jersey very soon. Be sure to post a pic when you get it.

Quote:
He was just trolling trying to get me to go on a Schaub rant. Anyone who thinks the Texans have upgraded the QB position with Fitzpatrick needs to check themselves into a psychiatric ward immediately.

By the way, why are we discussing Wilson anyway? He is not going to be drafted by, nor traded to the Texans so what's the point?

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014   #1054
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64484 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I don't think Keenum got a fair shake because Kubiak, for some unknown reason, abandoned the kind of offensive play calling that Keenum was thriving in after 2 games. Kubiak just couldn't get away from his normal playcalling strategies that were very well figured out.

Keenum flashed some ability, but not as a pocket passer or traditional QB. Kind of like Wilson, or the college Manziel ( no idea if his game translates to the NFL, but my gut says no.) but with less talent.
If we were to keep either of the leftovers from the former era, I think it would be Case. He has shown flashes of real talent. Was it the system? Was he just limited in ability? Or was it that every time he dropped back he seemed to have defenders all over him? I think he may have a chance to get the QB3 spot.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014   #1055
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Fitzmagic

Pickspatrick

Picksmagic
I like the Pickspatrick...Man I hope we don't have to see THAT again. Had enough of that with the last sucktastic QB.

Then again, Fitzpatrick can't do any worse, the last QB didn't set the bar very high...

Old 04-09-2014   #1056
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like the Pickspatrick...Man I hope we don't have to see THAT again. Had enough of that with the last sucktastic QB.

Then again, Fitzpatrick can't do any worse, the last QB didn't set the bar very high...
Damn get over it. Schaub had a horrible year. Everyone knows it. Why the incessant need to keep bashing? Dude is gone.

This is getting old:

Time to let the little guy get some rest.

Old 04-09-2014   #1057
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Damn get over it. Schaub had a horrible year. Everyone knows it. Why the incessant need to keep bashing? Dude is gone.

This is getting old:
Yeah , its getting old and most seem to forget that prior to last seasons collapse , Schaub was one of the NFL's most productive passers .... well , at least outside of the redzone.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014   #1058
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:

This is getting old:

retracted statement...not even worth it...

should follow your own advise...

Last edited by BullNation4Life; 04-09-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-09-2014   #1059
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 118834 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings? Do you need a whabulance for your hurt feeling? didn't read in the rules that "bashing" a former or current player was against forum policy...

I didn't even mention they dude's name, could have been talking about Keenum, he sucked just as bad. I just made a statement that Fitzgerald can't do any worse that what happened last year or the QB that was under center...

You'll have to forgive me, I forgot the to go with your whine...

Seems you go out of your way to antagonize
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014   #1060
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Seems you go out of your way to antagonize
was simply commenting on another poster's nickname for Fitzpatrick. I cannot control the wadding of other peoples panties...

Last edited by BullNation4Life; 04-09-2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: cause I damn well felt like it...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read