Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2014   #901
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25709 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think a trade is entirely possible.

Say you trade back to 4 or even 6 , you are going to have one or more of the following to choose from -

Jadeveon Clowney

Greg Robinson

Jake Matthews

Blake Bortles

Teddy Bridgewater

Johnny Manziel

Sammy Watkins

Khalil Mack

Anthony Barr

Zack Martin

With all the need for QB's at the top even at 4/6 its quite possible you get the best prospect at his position .... and compensation for moving down. (I use QB#1-3 rather than actually rank them to avoid argument on that subject).

Scenario 1 - Trade w/ Cleveland

Cle - QB#1

Stl - Greg Robinson

Jaq's - QB#2

You are sitting @ #4 with Clowney , Mack , Barr , Watkins & one of the top 3 QB's.

Scenario 2 - Trade w/ Atlanta

Atl - Clowney

Stl - Robinson

Jaq's - QB1

Cleveland - QB#2

Oakland - QB#3

You are in good shape here too , tho you don't get a shot at a first round QB , there is loads of talent available , with the best player @ OLB , WR , CB & ILB still on the board along with multiple top tier OT prospects.

Earlier in the process , I would have wanted a kings ransom for the #1 overall , something like 4 , 26 , 68 + a future pick.

Now , after realizing what would be available to me , I'd still like that huge haul , but would settle for a bit less , maybe 4 & 26 or 4 , 35 & a future pick from Cleveland or something like 6 , 37 , 101 and a future pick from Atlanta.

None of those deals come close to what the Redskins gave to move up to #2 which was two #1's , a #2 and a future #1. to move 4(?) spots.

The only way someone will trade up with us is if a team absolutely falls in love with a player that they aren't sure will fall to them. But like everyone has been saying, there's no clear cut #1 in this draft. Is there a player in this draft that a team could possibly fall in love with? I don't know? Maybe Clowney if anyone.

What's Cleveland's incentive to move up? If they want a QB, they are already guaranteed one of the top 3 QB's (unless the Rams trade their pick to a QB needy team).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #902
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Good luck with that. His other option is to stand firm, get his guaranteed money as a starter or backup for the Texans. Or be cut, get his guaranteed money and test free agency where he will most likely find a starting role with a good size signing bonus from a QB hungry team.
Travis Johnson was on the Radio yesterday and he was saying that all guaranteed money is sometimes not all actually guaranteed. He said it can be guaranteed against injury or performance or both.

Not sure how that pertains to Schaub, or if that's even entirely accurate.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #903
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I think you should probably reread his post, then read your response.
Now , after realizing what would be available to me , I'd still like that huge haul , but would settle for a bit less , maybe 4 & 26 or 4 , 35 & a future pick from Cleveland or something like 6 , 37 , 101 and a future pick from Atlanta.
Nope, that's his expectations for our 1.1 which as I previously stated is too high in this Draft.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #904
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192665 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Nope, that's his expectations for our 1.1 which as I previously stated is too high in this Draft.
Not enough smilefailpalms to describe this post ..... so we'll go with which I hope to see become :titansfan: eventually.

Quote:
Earlier in the process , I would have wanted a kings ransom for the #1 overall , something like 4 , 26 , 68 + a future pick.

None of those deals come close to what the Redskins gave to move up to #2 which was two #1's , a #2 and a future #1. to move 4(?) spots.

Quote:
You need to tone down your demands/expectations and look at something more along the lines of getting just their 1.4 & 2.4.
You do realize that 1:4 is #4 and 2:4 is #35 right ..... Its right there in the post above you that I could be convinced to take that deal , among others.

So you are telling me I'm wrong but said I should expect the exact same deal you propose ?! ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #905
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacksonville trading away Gabbert makes it clear that they are looking for a QB at #3. That's great for us because it lets people know that if they have one of the top three QBs rated much lower than the other two, they will need to trade up above the Jags to get one of them. You just hope that those teams also don't want to take the chance of another club trading into #2 and missing out on their chance.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #906
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jacksonville trading away Gabbert makes it clear that they are looking for a QB at #3. That's great for us because it lets people know that if they have one of the top three QBs rated much lower than the other two, they will need to trade up above the Jags to get one of them. You just hope that those teams also don't want to take the chance of another club trading into #2 and missing out on their chance.
Maybe. Although I would argue that Gus Bradley is a Seattle guy (2009-2012). They built their team with speed and power.

2009 4 Aaron Curry
2010 6 Russell Okung
2010 14 Earl Thomas
2011 25 James Carpenter
2012 15 Bruce Irvin

I feel like Robinson, Clowney, Mack and Watson are their targets with a later round QB.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #907
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192665 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Someone asked what incentive Cleveland would have in moving to #1 .... well , you just nailed it.

Jax moving Gabbert , crap for QB's in FA .... Jax is taking one of the top 3 QB's @ #3.
Its highly likely that Houston takes one of those @ #1 as well , that leaves Cleveland with the leftovers (which might not be a bad thing as its conceivable they move down to a QB needy team) @ #4. If they want their guy , the odds are that they have to move up to get him.

To be honest , Cleveland could be in the catbirds seat @ #4 if the right players are still on the board , they will have a lot of options and possibly get a huge haul for a move back. #4 could be as valuable as #1 on draft day.

Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2014   #908
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Good luck with that. His other option is to stand firm, get his guaranteed money as a starter or backup for the Texans. Or be cut, get his guaranteed money and test free agency where he will most likely find a starting role with a good size signing bonus from a QB hungry team.
There is no guaranteed money remaining for Schaub from the Texans. If he is cut his wallet does not get fatter from them. And the main point which you overlooked was that his contract & signing bonus from a new team would be a lot bigger if his last 6 games were with a 2:1 TD:INT ratio and a 92 QB rating instead of 1:2 TD:INT ratio and a 73 QB rating.
Old 03-14-2014   #909
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91085 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually I'm convinced they will take a pass rusher #3 and a QB #39. They have bolstered the D-Line in FA, but they still have a huge need at SLB in the new scheme and Mack would be a perfect fit. Could also see them taking Clowney despite signing Chris Clemons and re-signing Babin. In the 2nd round they will be able to get one of the second-tier QB's.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #910
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You do realize that 1:4 is #4 and 2:4 is #35 right ..... Its right there in the post above you that I could be convinced to take that deal , among others.
My mistake, guess I thought your "or" was an "and" and/or I just can't read.
But even with this discounted price, I still think it will be very difficult to make a trade unless we would actually be prepared to accept less for our 1.1 than another team would accept for their lower pick.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #911
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
My mistake, guess I thought your "or" was an "and" and/or I just can't read.
But even with this discounted price, I still think it will be very difficult to make a trade unless we would actually be prepared to accept less for our 1.1 than another team would accept for their lower pick.
Quote:
To be honest , Cleveland could be in the catbirds seat @ #4 if the right players are still on the board , they will have a lot of options and possibly get a huge haul for a move back. #4 could be as valuable as #1 on draft day.

Old 03-14-2014   #912
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There is no guaranteed money remaining for Schaub from the Texans. If he is cut his wallet does not get fatter from them. And the main point which you overlooked was that his contract & signing bonus from a new team would be a lot bigger if his last 6 games were with a 2:1 TD:INT ratio and a 92 QB rating instead of 1:2 TD:INT ratio and a 73 QB rating.
My mistake. I still think he has it made either way. Unless he cant stand not being a starting QB for 1 year. Sit back. Collect his 10-11 million and get released after the 2014 season. No way the Texans consider keeping him with a 17 million cap hit in 2015. Their hand is forced.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #913
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, by all accounts on twitter, Bortles had a stellar pro day today.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #914
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
So, by all accounts on twitter, Bortles had a stellar pro day today.
I saw the whole thing. I wouldnt say stellar. Above average. I would give him a solid B.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #915
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there going with the sure fire bet the safe pick Blake Bortles #1 pick get the best QB off the board
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #916
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 124668 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Some twitter comments:

Quote:
@TonyPauline: I'm told 3/4's through Blake Bortles workout #Texans coach Bill O'Brien let it be known "I've seen all I need to see."

Three-quarters through the workout, most had seen enough including Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien as Bortles had answered the call. Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner openly said something to the effect, "great - this means he (Bortles) won't be available for us."
Welp...

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #917
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 97190 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Some twitter comments:

Welp...

I'd bet a paycheck that Bortles is 1.1
I just don't think OB wants to deal with the media circus that will be Johnny Foozball and I don't think Bridgewater was ever in serious contention, unless he nailed his Combine interviews and pro day. He blew his pro day.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #918
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr harrvarddd !!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #919
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian at the rockets game with manziel. LoL
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #920
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
The only way someone will trade up with us is if a team absolutely falls in love with a player that they aren't sure will fall to them.
The only way someone will trade up with us is if they believe St. Louis wants the player they've got to have.... or if they think someone will trade with St. Louis to get said player.

The only thing we "know" is that St. Louis is not interested in a QB at that spot. Watkins would make sense to me, but this is a deep WR draft & don't see anyone giving up multiple picks to get him.

Too many OTs at the top of this draft, but with Lewan's recent issues... who knows?

Clowney... why would St. Louis want Clowney?

As long as St. Louis doesn't fall in love with anyone... as long as they're mums about who they want, & they're open for business, our pick isn't going anywhere.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read