Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-10-2014   #761
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans after McCown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Chapman View Post
Even worse:

ESPN SA ‏@ESPN1250 28m
A man in the know with the #Texans, @McClain_on_NFL says Matt McGloin or Brian Hoyer could be signed by the team, not Cassel or Mallett.
I thought Brian Hoyer looked pretty good before he was injured. I don't know much about Matt McGloin besides Oakland/PSU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #762
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306641 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I thought Brian Hoyer looked pretty good before he was injured. I don't know much about Matt McGloin besides Oakland/PSU.
Let's put it this way. In order they are Hoyer, Keenum, McGloin in a 6 pt QB rating band of 82-76.
Old 03-10-2014   #763
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 268260 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
So is there a veteran QB we have not been linked to?
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
If you are a quarterback you are getting a call from the Texans...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #764
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Smfh.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #765
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

The more I think of it, I think texans are gonna pull a alex smith with schaub. I think with the dearth of solid qbs, I think they will keep schaub and still draft a qb. If schaub shows he's at least as good as he was in 2012, they'll trade him for a 3rd or so. I mean carson palmer has been terrible for the last 5 yrs and he had a market.
Old 03-10-2014   #766
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 114196 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Has anyone mentioned the Butt-Fumbler?
Old 03-10-2014   #767
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected

I think schaub is gonna be the qb in 2014 and the draft pick the yr after. Not saying I like it,but I can see it. Jmo
Old 03-10-2014   #768
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Hopefully all this smoke will die down by the time we play the third Preseason game.
Old 03-10-2014   #769
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 17470 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
The more I think of it, I think texans are gonna pull a alex smith with schaub. I think with the dearth of solid qbs, I think they will keep schaub and still draft a qb. If schaub shows he's at least as good as he was in 2012, they'll trade him for a 3rd or so. I mean carson palmer has been terrible for the last 5 yrs and he had a market.
Palmer didn't have a bad contract like Schaub, that's why Schaub has little trade value.
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #770
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198610 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hopefully all this smoke will die down by the time we play the third Preseason game.
Remember, this is lying and misdirection season. Don't believe anything you hear unless it's from a Texans' presser.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #771
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take MCCown over Schaub right now, and I would still draft TB 1.1
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #772
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198610 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He's got to be at least 6'6"
...and played for a major school in a pro-style offense
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #773
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

We're fooked.
Old 03-10-2014   #774
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What market did he have? He got the Raiders to pick him up. That doesn't count as a market. That is the dumbest franchise ran by complete bums over the last 10 years. I wouldn't classify that as having a market for him.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #775
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 7152 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Glennon if the price is right. I don't think Lovie is a fan

Your man... Pots and pans
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #776
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
What market did he have? He got the Raiders to pick him up. That doesn't count as a market. That is the dumbest franchise ran by complete bums over the last 10 years. I wouldn't classify that as having a market for him.
Palmer was traded to the cardinals last yr. I'm not a schaub or palmer fan,but his last 5 yrs has been better than palmer and he's younger. If they get schaubs salary down like philly did vck and 49ers did with smith and raiders did with palmer,next yr itw a tradeable contract. There are a few teams that can use a schaub type qb. Jax just resigned henne and cassell just resigned with vikes for 6m. If schaub is reduced to 7m, his play and contract is attractive to teams in the league. There is enough in cleveland with schaub to win 10 games. Not saying they win sb, but they would threaten that division with their talent and schaub not throwing pick 6's.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story...62&src=desktop
Old 03-10-2014   #777
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21536 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Schaub was playing for league minimum we'd be lucky to get a six round pick for him, no way in hell we could get a 3rd round pick.

Schaub is getting cut plain and simple. Even if he gives us the best chance out of the scraps out there in FA BOB doesn't want the heat Schaub would bring from the fan base.
Old 03-10-2014   #778
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess we are calling johnny footballs BLUFF ............. LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #779
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
If Schaub was playing for league minimum we'd be lucky to get a six round pick for him, no way in hell we could get a 3rd round pick.

Schaub is getting cut plain and simple. Even if he gives us the best chance out of the scraps out there in FA BOB doesn't want the heat Schaub would bring from the fan base.
U think O'Brien cares about the fan base? Kubiak didn't care when he came in and tried to fix david carr. Every sf fan was sick and tired of alex smith and harbaugh did his homework and in the end got the 33rd pick for him. I'm just saying that no matter what or who the fans are crying for, doesn't matter. They could make schaub contract tradeable next yr. Don't be surprised or stunned if schaub is the starter in 2014.
Old 03-10-2014   #780
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Palmer was traded to the cardinals last yr. I'm not a schaub or palmer fan,but his last 5 yrs has been better than palmer and he's younger. If they get schaubs salary down like philly did vck and 49ers did with smith and raiders did with palmer,next yr itw a tradeable contract. There are a few teams that can use a schaub type qb. Jax just resigned henne and cassell just resigned with vikes for 6m. If schaub is reduced to 7m, his play and contract is attractive to teams in the league. There is enough in cleveland with schaub to win 10 games. Not saying they win sb, but they would threaten that division with their talent and schaub not throwing pick 6's.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story...62&src=desktop
True, but they have to appraise Schaub based on last year, not the past five. Just like Delhomme, the only team that will pick him up is one desperate for a stop gap.

I'm beginning to believe that whichever of these FA QB's that the Texans sign will basically be a crash test dummy.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read