Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-09-2014   #1
cland
Veteran

Rep Power: 4611 cland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respected
Default #26

This is not a reactionary thread, this is a reconfirmation. I have seen way to many teams go with this game plan "If you see #26 out there, throw the WR the ball!"

This #26 guy has no business being drafted as high as he was, he has no business being on the field, and he should have been cut in year 2 after he was drafted...mid-season.
cland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: #26

2 words....ass cheeks.

he simply cant keep his hands off recievers....and with the league supposedly going to start calling PI more this year, his expiration date is fastly appraching....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Harris was played incorrectly last year and got minimal help from coaches. He continues to not know what to do or where to be but having said that, he needs to step it up and keep off the WR.
Old 08-10-2014   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, that's our starting nickel back your talking about.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014   #5
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Harris was horrible and a big reason for our bad start. You can have the best pass rush in the world, if the QB can throw it in under 2 seconds it won't matter. He has been in the league several years now - it is a do or die season for him. Right now it is back in the film room for him. If he can't correct his mistakes I don't think he'll be on our team next season. Man I can't wait for JoJo to be back...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

This pick should have already gotten Rick Smith fired, but we know it seems like nothing he does is ever his fault.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014   #7
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
This pick should have already gotten Rick Smith fired, but we know it seems like nothing he does is ever his fault.
The fact that the coaching staff keeps trotting him out there like he can play says the coaching staff needs to be fired. The coaches have the ultimate option: the can cut his butt. Neither Kubiak/Phillips nor O'Brien/Crennell have seen fit to do so. Rick Smith cannot make the coaches keep someone who cannot perform.
Only McNair has that power.

....hmmmmm....
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2014   #8
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Bouye or Hal will take over the starting nickle spot before the season starts. Those 2 look like they were made to be CBs and i think they got it !
Old 08-10-2014   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The fact that the coaching staff keeps trotting him out there like he can play says the coaching staff needs to be fired. The coaches have the ultimate option: the can cut his butt. Neither Kubiak/Phillips nor O'Brien/Crennell have seen fit to do so. Rick Smith cannot make the coaches keep someone who cannot perform.

....hmmmmm....
This. Not the firing part (though obviously Kubiak/Phillips already got fired) but the key being that this guy (Harris) is still here. What are they seeing in practice? What's keeping this guy on the roster? He's dreadful and always has been. I just really don't see a single DB instinct showing up anywhere in his body of work. It's a real mystery but I don't blame Rick Smith so much for it.

If they didn't see something in him he'd be looking for a job. What they see is anyone's guess. though. I really wish someone on that team would explain it to us.
Old 08-10-2014   #10
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Harris is the #1 sorriest secondary player on this team and Keo is number 2.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm still high on Brandon Harris. I think he's going to be a star, for us. Nope, I did not see anything wrong with his game yesterday, & I'm dead serious. He's got to improve within the context of the team, just like every other player, but overall, he's fine.
Old 08-10-2014   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Brandon Harris is the #1 sorriest secondary player on this team and Keo is number 2.
Oh, now you're cutting deep.
Old 08-10-2014   #13
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

We're really criticizing O'Brien and Crennel for Harris' play? You don't think that maybe want to see him in some live action before making a decision? Kubiak/Wade should have known, they had him for 3 years. But OB/Crennel have had him for 6 months. Criticize them if he's still on the roster come final cuts, but it's a little early to be blaming the brand new coaching staff for a guy who was drafted 3 years ago.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014   #14
cland
Veteran

Rep Power: 4611 cland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm still high on Brandon Harris. I think he's going to be a star, for us. Nope, I did not see anything wrong with his game yesterday, & I'm dead serious. He's got to improve within the context of the team, just like every other player, but overall, he's fine.
I can only take this as a highly sarcastic agreement, otherwise you're announcing to the world that you should be in a mental health facility.

If anyone can pull up the amount of defense holding/passing interference of #26 per play, I will guarantee you it will be in the top for NFL corners. #26 has one mode of covering WRs, grab their jerseys, hold on tight, before they burn you completely...
cland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
no TK, just no. he's bad. he's always been bad. he's always going to be bad. his play monday was bad and looked like the bad play we've seen from him the last couple of years. badly.

bad.
Old 08-10-2014   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
We're really criticizing O'Brien and Crennel for Harris' play? You don't think that maybe want to see him in some live action before making a decision? Kubiak/Wade should have known, they had him for 3 years. But OB/Crennel have had him for 6 months. Criticize them if he's still on the roster come final cuts, but it's a little early to be blaming the brand new coaching staff for a guy who was drafted 3 years ago.
That's why I mentioned both coaching staffs.
BUT
O'Brien, Crennel, and the rest of the new staff do have three years worth of video - practice and game - with which to evaluate Harris and all the players. I would think they have sufficient information.
My question is why is Harris so high on the depth chart when A.J. Bouye seems to be the better player.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014   #17
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

So uhhh, does anybody here miss Brice McCain?
Old 08-10-2014   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

....hmmmmm....
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I think Bouye or Hal will take over the starting nickle spot before the season starts. Those 2 look like they were made to be CBs and i think they got it !
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Quote:
That's why I mentioned both coaching staffs.
BUT
O'Brien, Crennel, and the rest of the new staff do have three years worth of video - practice and game - with which to evaluate Harris and all the players. I would think they have sufficient information.
My question is why is Harris so high on the depth chart when A.J. Bouye seems to be the better player.
TK, put down the mango... I still think Keo is worse than Harris, but maybe that's because I've actually seen Keo on the field a lot more.

In the coaching staff's defense, who are they going to replace Harris with and why would they cut him before seeing him in action and give him a chance to learn their system? I won't be surprised at all to see him cut, though.

I think you could rename this thread #26 & #62. Both looked like a hot mess tonight.
Old 08-10-2014   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
So uhhh, does anybody here miss Brice McCain?
The Texans don't need McCain to lose. They can lose just as easily without him.
Old 08-10-2014   #20
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans don't need McCain to lose. They can lose just as easily with Fitzpatrick.
Fify

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read