Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 3 Days Ago   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Houston Texans' TEs

So what do you think of the Texans' TEs so far?

Graham... can't say I remember him doing much of anything. I remember that I wasn't very happy with his run blocking in Arizona, but can't say that I've even looked to see if he's improved since.

Griffin.. I think he made a case for himself Saturday. If nothing else he seems to have a bit of a report with Savage. I'll be interested to see if that holds true next week. But even in Atlanta it looked like he was getting quite a few targets. I very always liked his size & his hands, never thought he had much scoot though. Maybe something's changed there.

Fido. .. he's a rookie. Haven't been too impressed. Haven't been let down either.

Can't think of his name, but 81 impressed with the blocked punt & the block to sprung the return for a TD was a pleasant surprise.
Old 3 Days Ago   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans' TEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Graham... can't say I remember him doing much of anything. I remember that I wasn't very happy with his run blocking in Arizona, but can't say that I've even looked to see if he's improved since.

Griffin.. I think he made a case for himself Saturday. If nothing else he seems to have a bit of a report with Savage. I'll be interested to see if that holds true next week. But even in Atlanta it looked like he was getting quite a few targets. I very always liked his size & his hands, never thought he had much scoot though. Maybe something's changed there.

Fido. .. he's a rookie. Haven't been too impressed. Haven't been let down either.

Can't think of his name, but 81 impressed with the blocked punt & the block to sprung the return for a TD was a pleasant surprise.
That would be Anthony Denham. Yeah, he's looked good at times.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I'm of the opposite view on Fido. I think he'll add another dimensionwe haven't seen on this team before with his blocking and his size in the redzone as a receiver.
Old 3 Days Ago   #4
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I'm of the opposite view on Fido. I think he'll add another dimensionwe haven't seen on this team before with his blocking and his size in the redzone as a receiver.
Yeah, I agree. Good call.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #5
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 25182 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
In fairness, TK stated so far in ways of production when they have been on the field. And to this Fido has just been another rookie tight end. Size doesn't always equal success and there is a reason despite the size and blocking ability the guy fell to where he did. There were reports his hands haven't been the greatest at camp, etc. He hasn't looked bad but nothing great either so far. He's rook so comes with the territory more times than not.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
In fairness,.

It's all good. Wouldn't be much of a conversation if we all agreed.
Old 3 Days Ago   #7
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will never get used to any other TE using #81 except Owen Daniels!
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 3 Days Ago   #8
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Graham was supposed to be ODs replacement and got a nice contract too. Sad to say he is probably the 3rd best TE on the team. I like that group of Tightends we have.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Graham was supposed to be ODs replacement and got a nice contract too. Sad to say he is probably the 3rd best TE on the team. I like that group of Tightends we have.
I would think Graham is the last 6'3 240 lb TE the Texans have for awhile .
Old 3 Days Ago   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I would think Graham is the last 6'3 240 lb TE the Texans have for awhile .
Why? - you think OB won't want another Hernandez (minus the crimes)?
Old 3 Days Ago   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Why? - you think OB won't want another Hernandez (minus the crimes)?
That's true , I always think Hernandez is bigger than he really is . We'll see how he uses Graham .
Old 3 Days Ago   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think one of Graham or Griffin isn't on the final roster.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
That would be Anthony Denham. Yeah, he's looked good at times.
He looked good on special teams, but he failed to look for the ball on a crossing route in the red zone last Saturday. He has to be a special teams star to make the roster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I guess you're thinking they will be better options on the waiver wire? I'd be stunned if Graham didn't make the team. However, I like what I've seen from Fiedorowicz. Overall, I'm OK with this group.

(Wow no poll?)
Old 3 Days Ago   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really?

I was thinking we had a really nice set of TEs with Graham, Fiedo, Griffin, and possibly Denham (PS, at least.)
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #15
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77873 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Expecting Graham, Griffin and Fido to make the roster.

Suspect we'll try to get Denham onto the practice squad.
Old 3 Days Ago   #16
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking we carry the usual 3 + Zach Potter as a pure blocking TE, and try to fit Denham on the practice squad.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #17
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 4940 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Fiedo looked really well in the last two games, if there are questions about his hands, he didn't show them with the catches he made in traffic against ATL and DEN.
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Expecting Graham, Griffin and Fido to make the roster.

Suspect we'll try to get Denham onto the practice squad.
This is where I am too. Wouldn't surprise me if all four are retained in some fashion.

(Which poll selection is this? I don't see the buttons )
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I'm sure they'll both make the team, but I doubt we'll see a lot of Graham, even though he's got that shiny new contract. I'm not overly impressed with Fido, but I think our coaches feel his size (along with Ryan's) give us an advantage & creates mismatches that trumps Graham's experience..
Old 2 Days Ago   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Really?

I was thinking we had a really nice set of TEs with Graham, Fiedo, Griffin, and possibly Denham (PS, at least.)
I agree with this. I think STs play will decide whether Denham's on the 53. Has his STs play been somewhat consistent with what he did vs Atl?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read