Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2013   #21
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate has cleaned out his locker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
It wasn't botched. The reason he didn't crack the starting lineup was because Foster went off Tate's rookie year rushing for 1616 yards. Foster had 4,793 rushing yards during Tate's four years here. I don't think anybody was expecting Foster to have that type of productivity when Tate was drafted in 2010.
AND Tate broke his freaking ankle in the preseason or Foster might not have gotten that chance.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #22
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
AND Tate broke his freaking ankle in the preseason or Foster might not have gotten that chance.
Definitely. Seeing as Kubiak made sure the high draft picks got their playing time...
Old 12-30-2013   #23
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Where will he go only to be successful somewhere else?
Old 12-30-2013   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Where will he go only to be successful somewhere else?
Cleveland has coveted him.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

There are some players that I've grown attached to & followed even though they've left the Texans. Demeco, Mario, Jacoby..... others, not so much; Demps, Casey, Barwin, Babin.

I believe Tate will fall into the latter group for me.
Old 12-30-2013   #26
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

RB's like Tate are a dime a dozen. I think Rick Smith has learned you can find RB's without using a high draft pick. Now if only he could figure out how to draft LB's and DB's.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #27
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin had a big play yesterday
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2013   #28
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
RB's like Tate are a dime a dozen. I think Rick Smith has learned you can find RB's without using a high draft pick. Now if only he could figure out how to draft LB's and DB's.
I think that's the NFL as a whole. It seems like yesterday when Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown and Cedric Benson were top 5 picks in the same draft. Now RBs are lucky to get drafted in the late first.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #29
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Next thread will be "Ben Tate has gotten in his car and started the engine"

We obsess too much I think over perceived slights from guys who played hard for us but aren't destined to spend their careers here. Wasted energy on our part.
I was just thinking...didn't every other player clean out their locker today too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #30
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I was just thinking...didn't every other player clean out their locker today too?
Yeah, but not everyone wrote a goodbye on twitter to the city of Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Tate
Cleaned out my locker going to miss the guys on this team....we have a lot of good ppl on this team and everyone was cool from the trainers to the equipment guys always made it a good time while still getting work done being drafted here I learned a lot that I will carry on for the rest of my career thanks Htown for all the support but odds are I won't be back
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #31
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I hope he's successful at his next stop.
I hope his car starts.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #32
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Hope he gets a fat contract that supports him & family for the rest of their lives.
I'll go with this
Old 12-30-2013   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hope he gets a fat contract that supports him & family for the rest of their lives.
Include me in on this sentiment.

I have no ill will toward any of these players. It is an entertainment business, and as such, they need to get it while the gettin is good. RBs are especially prone to just one big shot, so I wish him the best with landing a good job.

I think some folks took the wishy washy comments too personal. I love this city, but let's face it, when you're objective about it, it is a little wishy washy as a fan base at times. The Houston '93 documentary clearly showed it. We lost our team because we showed the one man who made the decision the door, regardless if we feel our collective attitudes were justified.
Old 12-30-2013   #34
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I'll go with this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Include me in on this sentiment.

I have no ill will toward any of these players. It is an entertainment business, and as such, they need to get it while the gettin is good. RBs are especially prone to just one big shot, so I wish him the best with landing a good job.

I think some folks took the wishy washy comments too personal. I love this city, but let's face it, when you're objective about it, it is a little wishy washy as a fan base at times. The Houston '93 documentary clearly showed it. We lost our team because we showed the one man who made the decision the door, regardless if we feel our collective attitudes were justified.
Count me in too. Dude played with four cracked ribs for a team that, after a while, he knew wasn't going anywhere. Could have been an asshat about it but didn't. And as far as that fans are wishy-washy comment, he was right. Compared to the all out fanaticism he saw while playing in the SEC, a large segment of the Houston fanbase IS wishy-washy.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #35
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 110838 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Count me in too. Dude played with four cracked ribs for a team that, after a while, he knew wasn't going anywhere. Could have been an asshat about it but didn't. And as far as that fans are wishy-washy comment, he was right. Compared to the all out fanaticism he saw while playing in the SEC, a large segment of the Houston fanbase IS wishy-washy.
No doubt.

I've always held the sentiment that Houston was the biggest bandwagon city in sports.
Old 12-30-2013   #36
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

He earned my respect, that's for sure, playing with broke ribs. I hurt mine in a car wreck years ago had to pull over once and drop a little tear because I sneezed. I just can't fathom playing football, especially running back, with cracked ribs.
Yes he has a bit of a injury history, but to me a lot of that is just bad luck, certainly can't hold it against him on a personal level. It's ok to want players with constant injuries gone ( it's all about winning ). But as a tough ass human being I think we should all be proud he represented Texans, thank you Mr Tate..
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #37
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Sorry, I don't view that as wishy-washy. That's the result of a bunch of passionate football fans telling a tyrant to FOAD. It may not have been the smartest way to go about it, but it wasn't wishy-washy. It was a bunch of pissed off football fans.

I don't know. "Wishy-washy" to me infers dispassionate when the chips are down and fired up when things are going well. Houston football fans have always been very passionate about football - to a fault, in the case of the Oilers.
Old 12-30-2013   #38
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 110838 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Sorry, I don't view that as wishy-washy. That's the result of a bunch of passionate football fans telling a tyrant to FOAD. It may not have been the smartest way to go about it, but it wasn't wishy-washy. It was a bunch of pissed off football fans.

I don't know. "Wishy-washy" to me infers dispassionate when the chips are down and fired up when things are going well. Houston football fans have always been very passionate about football - to a fault, in the case of the Oilers.
Telling Bud to go screw himself didn't happen until the very end.

Through the dark 80's you could see the real fans, the ones that stayed aboard through thick and thin.

Not a large group.

Houston fans are pathetic at times, this year is a perfect example.

The core group is great, just like you say, but when we start losing, the wheels come off the bandwagon.
Old 12-30-2013   #39
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Through the dark 80's you could see the real fans, the ones that stayed aboard through thick and thin.
I just like to ask people what Chuck Studley's coaching record was. LOL
Old 12-30-2013   #40
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33993 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason Foster got his chance is because Tate got injured. He seemed to stay injured. Now Foster may be following that trend. We need to start thinking about the next RB in case Foster cant come back to form. Ben will get paid, but doubt he can stay healthy.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read