Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2014   #1
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Game balls - 9-28-14 Vs. Buffalo

Figured we need a positive thread since we've had such a rough week and the other "uplifting thread" isn't so uplifting.

You've got three game balls to hand out to individuals who made a big impact in Sundays win.

The first one is likely unanimous in . Watt is probably the best player in the game today and played like it again today. Is there another DE in the league that doesn't get caught from behind on an 80 yard pick ??

Number two comes outa no where .... well , the last round of cuts from SF. Their loss is our gain. Darryl Morris had a stand out day , big hits , an INT to ice the game and strong ST play. Had about as good a coverage as can be expected on the Watkins TD. Blanked his man all day long.

(Between he and Bouye & Hal the Texans finally have some depth at corner and didn't have to squander 2nd / 3rd round draft picks to have them sit on the bench for years before being cut).

Last but not least - Randy Bullock with two FG's of 50+ yards , another 41 yarder & two made xp's. Not bad for a guy we wanted to run out of town on a rail last season. He's made 20 of his last 21 attempts.

Honorable mention - Doug Marrone for having EJ Manuel chuck it up 44 times instead of pounding the rock on the ground where they averaged better than 4.2 yards per carry.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game balls - 9-28-14 Vs. Buffalo

I wouldn't argue with those.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014   #3
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

How about lechler?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll co-sign on all four, and have to say FitzBeard got some consideration from me as well.

ReFo: Bills @ Texans, Week 4
Quote:
Here’s a look at a few notable individual performances from each team.

Buffalo Bills — Performances of Note

Starting Defensive Line: Combined +9.4

Breakdown: The Bills’ defensive line play might get overshadowed by a particular defensive linemen on the other sideline, but their starting four put forth a solid performance against the Texans’ offensive line with all four starters grading positively overall. Marcell Dareus led the way with a +3.6 overall grade, due primarily to his work in run defense as the Bills held Arian Foster and Alfred Blue to a combined 15 yards on 17 carries. They were just as effective rushing the passer, combining for three sacks, four hits, six hurries, and a batted pass.

Signature Play: On the final play of the third quarter, Dareus got the better of Ben Jones to tackle Blue in the backfield for one of his three run stops.

Houston Texans — Performances of Note

J.J. Watt, DE: +13.5

Breakdown: As if there is anything you can say about Watt that hasn’t already been said. After two below-average weeks, by his standards, Watt regained his usual form and then some. Pending review of All-22 film in the coming days, Watt’s +13.5 overall grade currently sits as the highest PFF grade ever earned, eclipsing his previous record of +11.4 last season. There was little the Bills’ offensive line could do to stop him in the passing game as he tallied fifteen pressures. Watt’s nine hits (including one negated by his own roughing the passer penalty) were more than all but eight other 3-4 defensive ends had in the entire 2013 season.

Signature Plays: Watt started the day by beating Erik Pears for a hit on the first play of the game, and he finished (Q4 1:14) in similar fashion by beating Pears for another hit that helped lead to the game-ending interception.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB: +1.4

Breakdown: Outside of a fumbled snap that led to an easy stop on third down, Fitzpatrick played pretty well. Although the stat sheet shows two interceptions, he cannot be blamed for the batted pass turned interception, and the other was an outstanding play by Leodis McKelvin. He had a couple good passes dropped, but was able to get first downs when needed in the second half. He also scrambled to pick up two third-down conversions.

Signature Stat: Fitzpatrick finished the game with an overall Accuracy Percentage of 77.1%, and 66.7% when pressured.

Johnathan Joseph, CB: -0.7

Breakdown: At first glance it looks like Joseph had a better day in coverage (-1.4) than he did. He was targeted 10 times, but allowed just four catches for 27 yards. Two catches went for first downs, another three passes were dropped by Watkins, and Manuel was off-target more than once. To his credit, Joseph did have a nice pass defense on third down again Mike Williams.

Signature Play: On third down mid-way through the first quarter (5:41), Manuel finds Watkins on an out route past the first down marker, but Watkins was unable to haul it in.

PFF Game Ball

Without question, the game ball goes to J.J. Watt. In one of the best performances, if not the best, of his short career, he was an absolute force upfront for which Buffalo just did not have an answer. Topped off with a batted pass turned pick-six and Watt’s day could hardly have been more impactful or impressive.
Old 09-29-2014   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Watching JJ Watt play reminds me of that scene in Guardians of the Galaxy where Groot throws those bad guys all over the place in that tunnel then looks at Starlord and Drax with a smile.
Old 09-29-2014   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
How about lechler?

Mike
I limited it to 3 .... considered the "entire special teams" as they had a really solid day but the point of the thread was standout individuals so that kinda defeated the purpose.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 09-29-2014   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt is the given, but excellent choice with Darryl Morris. From where I sat he was impressive early and often. I can't argue with Bullock either.

I gave Fitz some consideration as well. I've grown to feel really good about his scramble/not to scramble decisions. The guy takes off at all the right times and isn't sceered of peripheral pressure. I LOVED his block also. The dude is a tough one as QB's go.
Old 09-29-2014   #8
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Morris was absolutely incredible. Well deserved. Dude was huge.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Tania Ganguli @TaniaGanguli
Quote:
Morris, Cushing, Watt, Lechler, Bullock, Graham and Prosch got game balls yesterday. #Texans
Old 09-29-2014   #10
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 358 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Graham as in Garrett?? He obviously wasn't doing any run blocking so did I miss some spectacular catches or something?
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Tania Ganguli @TaniaGanguli

Morris, Cushing, Watt, Lechler, Bullock, Graham and Prosch got game balls yesterday. #Texans

I can see Lechler and maybe Cushing .... But Graham and Prosch ?!

Graham had 3 catches for 28 yards.

Prosch had one catch for 24 yards.

Run blocking was horrible by the entire group. I'd have given one of those to Fitzpatrick and given the other one to a random fan .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 09-30-2014   #12
NYTexansFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 7005 NYTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedNYTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedNYTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedNYTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedNYTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedNYTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedNYTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedNYTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedNYTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedNYTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedNYTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I can see Lechler and maybe Cushing .... But Graham and Prosch ?!

Graham had 3 catches for 28 yards.

Prosch had one catch for 24 yards.

Run blocking was horrible by the entire group. I'd have given one of those to Fitzpatrick and given the other one to a random fan .....
I agree. Fitz numbers would have looked a lot cleaner without the two picks (one a great defensive play and the other a deflected ball at the LOS). As it was 25/37 for 268 is solid and he was the team's leading rusher with a whopping 14 yards! You could also toss in the pre-game speech as well. However, I would have liked to see a few more first downs by the offense late in the game. The D fortunately came up big and closed out the game.
NYTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I can see Lechler and maybe Cushing .... But Graham and Prosch ?!...
Could be they successfully took something specific they've been working on in practices to the field... perhaps they were the best teammates they could be that week?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read