Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-20-2014   #581
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
you take how you want to.
I'm black and if you asked me of my opinion of Richard Sherman before tonight, or even last year I would have told you he's a clown. A talented clown, but still a clown. Now you can proceed with whatever thoughts and insinuate whatever else you would like.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #582
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

like i said, you can take how you want to.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #583
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
football is entertainment.

sherman is entertaining. better than all the current boring athletes that say your typical politically correct answers.

"first off i want to thank god. both teams played hard. it was hard fought win. i'm proud of my guys."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

maybe the nfl should just stop interviewing players right after they make a big play in a intense playoff game vs. a heated rival to get to the super bowl

It comes down to this. These are entertainers, not role models. Football is an intense, violent sport in which players put everything they have in to it. It is what it is. Deal with it.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #584
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Its uncalled for because I said he could enventually go to jail since he's young? Whatever dude...... Sherman has bumped his gums off the field for years craving attention. I don't like the dude. You don't mind it. To each his own. He's still Nicki Minaj in a jersey to me and always will be. Have a good night!

I love Vancouver by the way! Can't wait to go back!
Hey thats fine - you can dislike the dude all you want. I get annoyed sometimes when there is an assumption someone's professional life is the same as their personal - I'm just not seeing a kid who avoided gang life as a kid and returned to Stanford to get a head start on his masters degree as a potential jailbird. Each to their own - and as I say, I definitely wouldn't act in that style if I were him.

Glad you like the city, must be a bit of a change! First pint is on me when you're in town next.
Old 01-20-2014   #585
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Sherman following what Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco did... nothing new.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #586
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Sherman following what Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco did... nothing new.
And plenty of people hated their acts..... if someone makes it known that he loves the villain role then since when is everyone supposed to love it? I think its fun for the game, and talking to some buddies of mine they love him. I kind of find his act somewhat phony and don't really care for him. Not everyone likes the Joker either...... He's the Joker to me.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #587
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It comes down to this. These are entertainers, not role models. Football is an intense, violent sport in which players put everything they have in to it. It is what it is. Deal with it.
And people have different judgments of appropriate behaviour. Deal with it.
Old 01-20-2014   #588
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
And people have different judgments of appropriate behaviour. Deal with it.
Appropriate for whom? Children?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #589
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Appropriate for whom? Children?
Whose behaviour was being discussed?
Old 01-20-2014   #590
BruceWayne
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BruceWayne is a quality contributor and well respectedBruceWayne is a quality contributor and well respectedBruceWayne is a quality contributor and well respectedBruceWayne is a quality contributor and well respectedBruceWayne is a quality contributor and well respectedBruceWayne is a quality contributor and well respectedBruceWayne is a quality contributor and well respectedBruceWayne is a quality contributor and well respectedBruceWayne is a quality contributor and well respectedBruceWayne is a quality contributor and well respectedBruceWayne is a quality contributor and well respected

great game, Sherman can back up his talk.

If anything it makes me happy Jim Harbaugh is out again
BruceWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #591
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Man peyton manning ..???

all day the only thing I was thinking Man How would things have been different if Peyton manning came to the Houston Texans 2 years ago ..????

would Keivn water still be here turned into a 1k Star reciver same with Dressen

Would we have made the SB...?????

So many what ifs
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #592
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope Sherman breaks his ankles, disgraceful football player.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #593
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Man peyton manning ..???

90 mil. We didnt have that kind of cash
Old 01-20-2014   #594
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87983 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Man peyton manning ..???

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
~You don't understand. There's always cash and cap space unless you're complaining about the GM. Then it's all HIS fault. Get with the program...~
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #595
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87983 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
And he doesn't throw a spiral
They need...wait for it...

Matt Schaub!
Old 01-20-2014   #596
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45112 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't have a problem with his post game interview. I did have a problem with Sherman going up to Crabtree slapping his behind and forcing a "sportsmanship" handshake to an opponent after a dramatic lost. It was an obvious a mocking and taunting manner. I wish Crabtree coldcock him right there for being an ahole.

And as for Sherman crying about Crabtree talking smack to him, this is football! Trash talking is as natural as crowd noise. What? Because you Richard Sherman, an all-pro cb, you should be exempt from being talked to in that manner?

If Seattle wins the SB I would be concern for Sherman's health. This dude could OD'd on his own ego.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #597
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Amen.
The officials would have thrown a flag if he were Kareem.
Old 01-20-2014   #598
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Seattle away from Quest field is a different team....They're also young. The Broncos have the advantage and veteran leadership....should be a good game.
I love this. If you like him, he's veteran leadership, but if you don't, he's just an old, worn out has been or never was.

I'll go with the latter.
Old 01-20-2014   #599
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
ahaha sherman is the best.

i wish we had more shermans on the texans
I'm old school. Let your play do your talking. Keep your mouth shut.

Let the wannabes on message boards (like me) run their mouths.
Old 01-20-2014   #600
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45112 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
I also didn't have enough cash to replace the transmission in my caddilac. But then I took away it's 24"chrome caps, speakers, and the gold-glitter dice from the mirror and sold it all. Now I have a running car and can drive to work and make more money.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read