Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-19-2014   #541
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
I think Seattle is the team Peyton did not want to face. Too many corners on that team to try and beat with a passing game. I got 23-13 Seattle.
Seattle away from Quest field is a different team....They're also young. The Broncos have the advantage and veteran leadership....should be a good game.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #542
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
So why the high stepping that he made famous
Showmanship is different from disrespect.

Would you allow your son to emulate Richard Sherman? I would hope not.
Old 01-19-2014   #543
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Drew brees and Aaron Rodgers comes to mind. They're not going to have to leave a man in the box to spy on Peyton. He doesnt run. So another player to drop in coverage.
Manning is on a whole different level than Brees this year, who really struggled away from the Superdome. And the Seahawks didn't even play Rodgers this year...Plus you forget the insane amount of weapons Manning has. Sherman can't cover Demaryius, Julius, Decker, and Welker at the same time.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #544
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Drew brees and Aaron Rodgers comes to mind. They're not going to have to leave a man in the box to spy on Peyton. He doesnt run. So another player to drop in coverage.
Ummm so your saying brees and rodgers are on peytons level. Right now
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #545
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Showmanship is different from disrespect.

And deion is a role model lmfao. Just stop.
Old 01-19-2014   #546
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Russell wilson and KP overrated.
Yeh they helped their teams make it to the division championship game and Super Bowl. They are terrible.
Old 01-19-2014   #547
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
And neither is peyton in cold weather, in which the sb has a strong propabilty it will be played in cold weather. And the Seahawks were 6-2 on the road this year. That is not bad at all.
I think he debunked that theory when he put up 400/4 in freezing temperatures this year against Tenn.

You guys are way underestimating Peyton this year, he just broke the all time passing and touchdown records if you forgot, probably the best single season of a QB ever. I wouldn't bet against him I don't care how good that loud mouth corner is. (BTW Joe Haden is still better than Sherman)
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-19-2014   #548
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Stoner bowl

Colorado and Washington
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #549
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And deion is a role model lmfao. Just stop.
Yea your right, ill replay Sherman's antics to my fourth graders and tell them that as long as you play good you can say anything you want.

I'm guessing you aren't a parent.
Old 01-19-2014   #550
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Yeh they helped their teams make it to the division championship game and Super Bowl. They are terrible.
Their teams are stacked. When they get paid as veteran qbs their teams will fall back. Duh.
Old 01-19-2014   #551
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seattle is not the behemoth D you are making out.

Take a step back from Brees and Manning. Matt Schaub hung 355 yds on them and 2 TDs.
Old 01-19-2014   #552
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Yea your right, ill replay Sherman's antics to my fourth graders and tell them that as long as you play good you can say anything you want.

Yes and as a parent I teach my son that batman is a role model not a pro football player.
Old 01-19-2014   #553
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Stoner bowl

Colorado and Washington
That's freaking hilarious. That's so good I bet it'll stick during the next two weeks.

After all, the sticky stuff is the best kind.
Old 01-19-2014   #554
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How long have you been watching sports? He just made the biggest play in the biggest game of his career. You can't expect everyone to just shrug their shoulders and think that play was no big deal. Trash talking is one of the best parts of sports, and Sherman can walk the walk and talk the talk. I loved his interview.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #555
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes -- at least the getting into Stanford part.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #556
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Yes and as a parent I teach my son that batman is a role model not a pro football player.
Where are you pulling this role model stuff from? Did you watch the game with your son? Did you have to explain why Sherman said what he said?

So what you are saying is that it is okay for Sherman to say whatever he wants without a filter?

Do you coach at the youth level? If so what kind of values do you try to instill in the young kids apart from learning the game and elevating their skills.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I, and yet I wont try to belittle you for making your case. Have a good one hoss.
Old 01-19-2014   #557
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

When I played ball I was taught to knock the guy on his ass, then help him get up then knock him on his ass again.

You win with class and you lose with class.
Old 01-19-2014   #558
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Oops

Last edited by ATXtexanfan; 01-19-2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: oops
Old 01-19-2014   #559
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Yes -- at least the getting into Stanford part.
yeah, let's see

-Stanford graduate
-One of the best in the world at his profession
-As far as I know, no significant criminal history
-okay is admittedly has a jackass side to personality

Yeah, think I would live with the job I have done with him.
Old 01-19-2014   #560
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Angry Re: NFL playoffs 2013-14

Quote:
Where are you pulling this role model stuff from? Did you watch the game with your son? Did you have to explain why Sherman said what he said?

So what you are saying is that it is okay for Sherman to say whatever he wants without a filter?

Do you coach at the youth level? If so what kind of values do you try to instill in the young kids apart from learning the game and elevating their skills.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I, and yet I wont try to belittle you for making your case. Have a good one hoss.
Yeah sherman can say what he wants cause hes paid as a professional. You having arian teach your boy about marriage? Allegedly

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read