Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-19-2014   #521
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I don't think the Broncos oline is near as good as San Francisco's.
It's pretty damn good, did you watch them own the Pats today. Seattle pass rush is nothing spectacular, they mix up a bunch of schemes but that won't fool Manning.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #522
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
You really think peyton cant handle this team?
Ol forehead hasn't faced a defense this good. Trust me.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #523
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Yeah that's the life of a QB. You get all the credit / blame. The game film is out on Kaepernick and smarts teams will be able to beat him.

I think to a larger extent, teams are getting enamored with these flashy QBs. Most of the running QBs can't make reads and it comes to bite them at some point. I am hoping the Texans don't take Bortles for this reason. He's able to run (not as well as Kaepernick either) but he can't make reads.
Couldn't agree more. Your mind and your arm win you games, not your legs.

Mobility is nice. But only as a secondary skill.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #524
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think any team has ever gone on the fast track from "I could care less" to "I hope they end up like Buffalo" quite like Seattle. A fan base that acts like they have some sort of history of success and a corner that acts like he has the sense of a 12 year old kid.

Saints and Cowboy fans make my eye twitch… Seattle… ugh.

I can't believe I'm going to be pulling for Peyton to win this thing.
Old 01-19-2014   #525
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just saw the Sherman interview after the game. Erin Andrews was stunned by it. lol
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #526
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I don't think the Broncos oline is near as good as San Francisco's.
Broncos o line is bad. Manning gets the ball out so quickly though that it won't matter. Manning is really tough to stop, but I don't think the Seattle front 4 can stop the running game. At least they can be run on which can setup the pass.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #527
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Ok but has the SEA D seen anything like peyton
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-19-2014   #528
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Love what Deion said. He doesn't believe in putting down his opponent. Not good for the game and not good for the kids watching.
Old 01-19-2014   #529
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Just two different perspectives. I played CB. And I played against guys like Crabtree who like to run their mouths all game long. Damn straight I would let him know what's up if I made that play to get my team to the Super Bowl. I didn't talk much during the game though. Just after we won.
I was the other way around. I never talked much in general, but I usually had a running battle with an individual on the other side of the line and him and I would bark all night at each other and hit each other as far into the dirt as possible...lol.

After the game I was done and usually all we had left was to shake hands and laugh about the hits we put on each other regardless of the outcome.

(Sounds corny, but it wasn't unusual that we knew each other, or OF each other, outside of football..lol)

GAWD I miss playing football!!!!
Old 01-19-2014   #530
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

SB den 42 - sea 24
Old 01-19-2014   #531
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
The Seattle D is nothing special away from home, look what the Colts did to them at Lucas Oil.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #532
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah. Don't forget, Seattle doesn't have home field advantage. The Seattle defense looked really good today because Kaepernick is not that good. I think Manning will find holes. The game is rigged towards offenses and Seattle's offense won't be able to keep up.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #533
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Love what Deion said. He doesn't believe in putting down his opponent. Not good for the game and not good for the kids watching.
So why the high stepping that he made famous
Old 01-19-2014   #534
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
SF's three 4th quarter possessions:

Kaepernick fumble
Kaepernick INT
Kaepernick INT
All the tools... needs to become a student of the game and grow eyes in the back of his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I don't think Seattle has a chance against the Broncos though. Seattle's offense is not good enough.
Weather will tilt in their favor if it's bad.

Congrats, you're going to the Super Bowl in.... New Jersey!

Wha, wha, wha
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #535
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
The Seattle D is nothing special away from home, look what the Colts did to them at Lucas Oil.
Exactly. What's going to happen when they don't have the fans causing earthquakes and being douchy?
Old 01-19-2014   #536
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I was the other way around. I never talked much in general, but I usually had a running battle with an individual on the other side of the line and him and I would bark all night at each other and hit each as far into the dirt as possible...lol.

After the game I was done and usually all we had left was to shake hands and laugh about the hits we put on each other regardless of the outcome.

(Sounds corny, but it wasn't unusual that we knew each other, or OF each other, outside of football..lol)

GAWD I miss playing football!!!!
Not corny at all. We just played in different times.

Kids now think every high school highlight could get them on ESPN. They have heads the size of watermelons and they like to talk about how great they are. So I would just listen. And then when I shut him down I would remind him that he's not all that.

Benefit to this approach is that if I got embarrassed I hadn't written any checks yet.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #537
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow I love Seattle. They play real football and it's beautiful to watch.

I can't believe people are ragging the fans. They are by far the best fans in the NFL. That stadium was rocking on defense and they know how to keep quiet on offense. They are by far the most rabid fans in sports. Who cares if they are douchey -- they just won the NFC championship. Cut them some slack
Old 01-19-2014   #538
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Didnt deion get an osu wr thrown out the ncaa
Old 01-19-2014   #539
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Drew brees and Aaron Rodgers comes to mind. They're not going to have to leave a man in the box to spy on Peyton. He doesnt run. So another player to drop in coverage.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #540
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
And neither is peyton in cold weather, in which the sb has a strong propabilty it will be played in cold weather. And the Seahawks were 6-2 on the road this year. That is not bad at all.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read