Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-15-2014   #321
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
I'm sure he meant other than Kubiak.
Old 01-15-2014   #322
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32693 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
Going for the Pats or the Broncos since Carolina is out. Don't like the 9ers or the Seahawks.
What's a guy to do? I hate the east and west coasts and Payton. A pox on all their houses.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014   #323
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Going for the Pats or the Broncos since Carolina is out. Don't like the 9ers or the Seahawks.
It's insane. Wilson or Kaepernick will be playing Manning or Brady in the Super Bowl.

New School vs the GOAT
Old 01-15-2014   #324
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's insane. Wilson or Kaepernick will be playing Manning or Brady in the Super Bowl.

New School vs the GOAT
That is crazy. I never thought of it until Playoffs posted the running stats of all 4 qbs. The pure pocket passers vs. the running qbs.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014   #325
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
What's a guy to do? I hate the east and west coasts and Payton. A pox on all their houses.
I was going for Cincinnati but they let me down. Might as well let Payton or Brady get their last ring.
Old 01-15-2014   #326
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
I was going for Cincinnati but they let me down. Might as well let Payton or Brady get their last ring.
Why last?
Old 01-15-2014   #327
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Really? Cincinnati?

Quote:
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never bet on Cincy in the play-offs"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
Old 01-15-2014   #328
santo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Really? Cincinnati?
Mostly because they remind me of our team.
LOL I thought we held them back. Should have known better.
Old 01-15-2014   #329
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm rooting for Brady this weekend, but I'll root for the AFC in the Super Bowl. I'm a curmudgeon about all this 'running QB' hype.

Manning and Brady are two of the greatest QBs in league history, and it's been a joy to watch them play...'cept when they put a whooping on our Texans. At least I can tell the grandkids that I saw both in person.

"Death of the pocket passer" was announced a decade ago like it's being announced these days. yeeeeeah, riiiiiiiight.
Old 01-15-2014   #330
santo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Why last?

Well it's been a while since they each won a Super Bowl. So who knows if one of them will win one this year. Plus they are both getting up there in age which I believe they are almost 40. Who knows how long they have left in the NFL.
Old 01-15-2014   #331
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning - Brady.

I foresee many defensive penalties come Sunday in Denver. I just hope they divide the referee's up equally between pro-Brady and pro-Manning.

Old 01-16-2014   #332
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Tom Brady missed practice yesterday in what team officials are saying is his regular monthly menstruation. He will be ready for the game Sunday but may be a bit moody.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #333
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

lol

Old 01-17-2014   #334
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249737 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

It's on!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #335
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249737 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub (2.75) was 33rd/41, Keenum (2.97) 40th/41. >25% snaps.

Scrambling plays into this with some.
Old 01-18-2014   #336
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Schaub (2.75) was 33rd/41, Keenum (2.97) 40th/41. >25% snaps.

Scrambling plays into this with some.
OB has said that he wants a QB who makes FAST and correct decisions.

So.

You know.

There you go.

I expect Schaub to be gone. I don't know about Case but if he can't speed up his decisions, he'll be sent packing, too.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #337
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

For STATS geeks/arguments: “Manning Is Better than Brady, But So What?” Edition

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
A Colorado doctor has been offering a free vasectomy in exchange for Broncos’ tickets to today's game:... http://fb.me/161T4cE4Q
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
Denver's motivational guest speaker at its team meeting Saturday night was former Patriots WR Wes Welker, per team officials.
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Quote:
Fun fact about #Omaha: Tom Brady was saying it in 2001. Eli Manning was saying it 5-6 years ago. And it comes from Bill Parcells’ playbook
Injury Report: Next Man Up, Championship Round

Last edited by Playoffs; 01-19-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-19-2014   #338
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see Seattle win today. Between the Peyton Mountain Donkeys and the Brady Cry Babies I couldn't care less who wins that game, but I hope whoever does gets their ass whooped by Seattle in the Super Bowl.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #339
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pulling for Denver and Seattle today.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #340
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Denver and San Francisco for me. But really I'm just hoping for good games.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a stinker in the AFC game just so I don't have to hear the press go on and on about how lucky we are to share air with these two QB's and how lucky we were to watch this epic battle. Blah.....blah....blah.

Anyway, good times. Should be interesting today.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read