Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-12-2014   #241
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
The guy can't do everything. He single handedly beat KC and his team put him in the same position against NE. And he failed. Which is predictable because NE is notorious for taking these one-man teams and turning them inside out.

He is the sole reason that Indy made the playoffs the last 2 years. He did not play well last night, but I cannot blame him for trying to make plays when he's literally the only thing going for his team. The defense is awful, the O-Line can't block, the RB's suck, and his only weapon is a 5'10 slot WR.

Indy needs to get him some help bad, but oh wait, they already traded their 1st round pick for a backup RB.
Case Keenum almost beat KC with 0 RBs and 1 TE.....just saying.

Plus KC lost that game all on their own, you dont get soft the start of the 2nd half because you have a lead. Reid went all Kubiak on that game. The defense started playing a soft zone, KC went entirely away from what got them the big lead in the first place.

Plus Luck dont help himself by throwing as many picks in the play-offs as he did. Including 4 alone vs the Pats, that is not exactly putting ur team in position to win.
Old 01-12-2014   #242
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Case Keenum almost beat KC with 0 RBs and 1 TE.....just saying.

Plus KC lost that game all on their own, you dont get soft the start of the 2nd half because you have a lead. Reid went all Kubiak on that game. The defense started playing a soft zone, KC went entirely away from what got them the big lead in the first place.

Plus Luck dont help himself by throwing as many picks in the play-offs as he did. Including 4 alone vs the Pats, that is not exactly putting ur team in position to win.
I'm not absolving him of turning the ball over. What I'm saying is that, when you are singularly tasked with carrying your team to victory, turnovers will happen. He made some great throws during that game, but with no defense and no running game he literally had to do everything if they were going to win.

As for the actual INT's, the first one was awful. The second was not his fault, RB tipped it to defender (very reminiscent of Martin pick against JAX). The third was bad, as it was forced into double coverage. The fourth was not his fault, WR admitted to running the wrong route.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #243
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not absolving him of turning the ball over. What I'm saying is that, when you are singularly tasked with carrying your team to victory, turnovers will happen. He made some great throws during that game, but with no defense and no running game he literally had to do everything if they were going to win.

As for the actual INT's, the first one was awful. The second was not his fault, RB tipped it to defender (very reminiscent of Martin pick against JAX). The third was bad, as it was forced into double coverage. The fourth was not his fault, WR admitted to running the wrong route.
Brady has done it with a bunch of nobodys and some terrible defenses, all i am saying is that people here who think luck is already in the HOF need to realize he isnt yet. Not talking to you specifically but the man crush around here on luck is making me sick...

So far in his NFL career he has been pretty good, but not great.
Old 01-12-2014   #244
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Brady has done it with a bunch of nobodys and some terrible defenses, all i am saying is that people here who think luck is already in the HOF need to realize he isnt yet. Not talking to you specifically but the man crush around here on luck is making me sick...

So far in his NFL career he has been pretty good, but not great.
Brady had a great defense behind him when he won his first SB. In recent years it has been all him, but early in his career he was able to lean on his team for support. Luck doesn't have that luxury.

I haven't put Luck in the HOF just yet, but I do think he will be the next great QB in the NFL. I think the guys who rag on him are just pissed that he plays for the Colts, although I understand some guys get burnout from the media hype. JMO.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 01-12-2014   #245
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

San Francisco gets FGs on their first two possessions. SF 6-0...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #246
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Cam is jacked up today... wearing the "S"?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #247
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
San Francisco gets FGs on their first two possessions. SF 6-0...
Yeah, Carolina is about to get it back in one fell swoop.

Haha. I decided to leave the post unposted until the outcome. Good stop by SF!
Old 01-12-2014   #248
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think Carolina has a better shot in this game than most people think. Two keys:

-Newton takes care of the ball
-Defense contains Kaepernick's legs

I really don't see Kaepernick beating this defense with his arm.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #249
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Little Stevie football... said he was 89% on whether he'd play today.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #250
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just lost a little respect for Cam Newton and his socceresque flop. If that were a Texan QB I'd feel the same way.

Next time Carolina gets close they will surprise only the Niner D with a short pass for the TD.
Old 01-12-2014   #251
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Nice flop by Cam. Should tryout for the Rail Hawks.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 01-12-2014   #252
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Headbutt by the Panthers = flag. Headbutt by the Niners = no flag.
Old 01-12-2014   #253
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Headbutt by the Panthers = flag. Headbutt by the Niners = no flag.
SF getting a lot of help from what I've seen. Panthers aren't helping themselves though.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #254
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I sooo hate harbaugh....dude whines soooo much. By extension that makes me hate the 49ers...would love to see the panthers take these dudes down.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #255
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Carolina has gotten away with pass interference on a number of occasions today. Mikell blatantly sought a player out and got in his face and no flag.

Bad calls both ways, IMO. Including the last TD that SF was almost not given.

I'm watching this game with red and gold shades so take my thoughts with a grain...lol. The flop by Newton was just pathetic.
Old 01-12-2014   #256
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I sooo hate harbaugh....dude whines soooo much. By extension that makes me hate the 49ers...would love to see the panthers take these dudes down.
I'm no big fan either, but I like a coach that works the sidelines like he does. Those antics actually pay off in my opinion. I just hope O'Brien does some of that next year.
Old 01-12-2014   #257
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't really care who wins the games today. It's kind of nice to just watch the game for what it is. I'd kind of like Manning to lose, but that would mean that piss ant Phillip Rivers would have to win. Either way I'm not happy with the ending.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #258
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Best coach in the league not named Belichick. 3 years at SF and looks like he might get his 3rd NFC Championship appearance.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 01-12-2014   #259
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Damn. SF really needed to punch it in while Carolina was down to make it a three-score game.

This situation right here makes me nervous.
Old 01-12-2014   #260
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Best coach in the league not named Belichick. 3 years at SF and looks like he might get his 3rd NFC Championship appearance.
That might be true and all...but he has a really punchable face.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read