Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2013   #121
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans plan to hire new coach by Tuesday

Is it Tuesday yet? Do we have a coach?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #122
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Put down the bottle of Metamucil Thorn... you've OD'd again
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #123
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2292 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
It was the Browns last year who said no thanks to Obrien and said he would not be interviewed this year. According to reports the O'Brien interview was "Rocky".
Texian I respect your opinions, especially your suggestions on replacements for GM with respect to Rick Smith. Who is your number 1 choice for coach for the Texans?
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #124
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Put down the bottle of Metamucil Thorn... you've OD'd again
How does one OD on a fiber supplement? Eat a tree branch?

Old 12-30-2013   #125
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

We can't eat tree branches, dentures won't hold up
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #126
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145454 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
How does one OD on a fiber supplement? Eat a tree branch?
When it starts backing up into your mouth, you've OD'd on fiber supplements.

Don't ask me how I know this...

But at least I'm regular.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #127
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 175625 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is it Tuesday yet? Do we have a coach?
Yes!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Quote:
#Texans are not planning on interviewing #Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt, per source, now that his team in the playoffs. O’Brien’s job to win.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2013   #128
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Texian I respect your opinions, especially your suggestions on replacements for GM with respect to Rick Smith. Who is your number 1 choice for coach for the Texans?
Thanks for asking, my #1 was David Shaw but it is clear he has already told the Texans no thanks as the Texans have moved on from that name. #2 is Jimbo Fisher, Jimbo's teams play like Shaw and Saban's teams, very physical and well prepared in all 3 phases of the game. Reminds me of Jimmy Johnson. #3 Darrell Bevell OC of Seattle Seahawks, he's responsible for not only drafting but starting Russell Wilson. #4 Dan Quinn, DC Seattle Seahawks, runs the best D in the NFL.

O'Brien has really done nothing that says excellence or knows how to WIN. Now there are stories surfacing that O'Brien is not really a people person and doesn't really get along well with folks. There is another question in why is Penn St making it easier for him to leave and why does Penn St appear all to happy to sign Greg Schiano before O'Brien has packed his office? Just a few questions that question O'Brien's excellence.
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #129
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2292 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for asking, my #1 was David Shaw but it is clear he has already told the Texans no thanks as the Texans have moved on from that name. #2 is Jimbo Fisher, Jimbo's teams play like Shaw and Saban's teams, very physical and well prepared in all 3 phases of the game. Reminds me of Jimmy Johnson. #3 Darrell Bevell OC of Seattle Seahawks, he's responsible for not only drafting but starting Russell Wilson. #4 Dan Quinn, DC Seattle Seahawks, runs the best D in the NFL.

O'Brien has really done nothing that says excellence or knows how to WIN. Now there are stories surfacing that O'Brien is not really a people person and doesn't really get along well with folks. There is another question in why is Penn St making it easier for him to leave and why does Penn St appear all to happy to sign Greg Schiano before O'Brien has packed his office? Just a few questions that question O'Brien's excellence.
Shaw would be an execellent choice that I would be very happy with but he doesn't appear to be going anywhere. Jimbo Fisher supposedly is #1 or # 2 on UT's short list. I'm a Texas alum so I am hoping they make a quality hire. I'd like Bevell as well. Don't know much about Quinn but he appears to be a hot commodity and on top of the Browns list.

The reason I am a big BO'B guy are (1) he gets a lot out of his QBs not just Brady, McGloin and the freshman he had this year were very good, (2) utilizes up tempo offense seeking matchup advantages (basically the anti-Kubiak) and (3) fiery guy who demands accountability.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #130
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Good list. Most don't fit Bob's criteria. You've supplied sound reasoning for them as well. Bob had his criteria & his reasoning is just as sound.

Like you, it upsets me when the people who actually make the decisions don't "reason" the same way I do. I'm sure you're going to tell us, "I told you so." at the end of the year.
Old 12-30-2013   #131
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

O'Brien just seems to be full of meh.

Kind of like USC's recent hire. Not bad, but not anything particularly inspiring. Kind of feel the team could do better, but it could certainly do worse.

I was on the Mike Zimmer bandwagon. Either he would be awesome or terrible, but it would be entertaining either way.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #132
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I was on the Mike Zimmer bandwagon. Either he would be awesome or terrible, but it would be entertaining either way.
I liked Zimmer as well, originally. Then after much consideration I wouldn't have felt comfortable with McNair hiring the one guy that's been turned down by so many organizations.

Their's got to be a reason.
Old 12-30-2013   #133
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 28439 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I liked Zimmer as well, originally. Then after much consideration I wouldn't have felt comfortable with McNair hiring the one guy that's been turned down by so many organizations.

Their's got to be a reason.
word is he doesn't interview very well i.e. he doesn't kiss ass.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #134
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Shaw would be an execellent choice that I would be very happy with but he doesn't appear to be going anywhere. Jimbo Fisher supposedly is #1 or # 2 on UT's short list. I'm a Texas alum so I am hoping they make a quality hire. I'd like Bevell as well. Don't know much about Quinn but he appears to be a hot commodity and on top of the Browns list.

The reason I am a big BO'B guy are (1) he gets a lot out of his QBs not just Brady, McGloin and the freshman he had this year were very good, (2) utilizes up tempo offense seeking matchup advantages (basically the anti-Kubiak) and (3) fiery guy who demands accountability.
Longhorns would be lucky to get Jimbo, my gut says he's their #1 guy and he's now my #1 guy for Texans. I almost want Jimbo as much as wanted Harbaugh in 2010.
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #135
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Good list. Most don't fit Bob's criteria. You've supplied sound reasoning for them as well. Bob had his criteria & his reasoning is just as sound.

Like you, it upsets me when the people who actually make the decisions don't "reason" the same way I do. I'm sure you're going to tell us, "I told you so." at the end of the year.
Way before the end of the year.
Old 12-31-2013   #136
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

OK, it's Tuesday. Where's our new head coach?

Old 12-31-2013   #137
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OK, it's Tuesday. Where's our new head coach?
We're hiring 16 of them. One for each game in 2014. Whoever does the best get's the permanent job
Old 12-31-2013   #138
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
We're hiring 16 of them. One for each game in 2014. Whoever does the best get's the permanent job
Nah, have all of them do it collaboratively, and just eliminate one each week ala American Idol. NFLN can air the elimination show on Tuesday night, with the nation voting by phone, and ultimately choosing our next HC.

Needless to say, this would necessitate a regular season version of Hard Knocks to be aired daily.
Old 12-31-2013   #139
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Nah, have all of them do it collaboratively, and just eliminate one each week ala American Idol. NFLN can air the elimination show on Tuesday night, with the nation voting by phone, and ultimately choosing our next HC.

Needless to say, this would necessitate a regular season version of Hard Knocks to be aired daily.
Sounds even better
Old 12-31-2013   #140
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
When it starts backing up into your mouth, you've OD'd on fiber supplements.

Don't ask me how I know this...

But at least I'm regular.
A bit off topic, but I love me some Metamucil! If you don't take it, you don't know what you are missing!!!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read