Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-09-2014   #3021
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Im actually ok with mallet if the cost is between a 5 and 7 as reported by one source. Put a stellar team around the qb position THEN start saturation drafting qb's like gruden's wet dream over the next couple of years. Just average qb play last year would've got us 6-10.
I'm OK with Mallet for a late round pick if that's all it is. I'm also OK with some of the late-round project QBs and/or one of the mid-round QBs that has warts (like Murray.)
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #3022
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Taking Manziel or Bridgewater wasn't something that OB wanted to do. Didn't like em, didn't want 'em, didn't think he could win with 'em.

I'm fine with that.
Not to argue with your overall point .... But OB isn't calling the shots here , that's Smith's job with input from OB , the position coaches and scouts. Ultimately Smith makes the call.

(Yes , I can say this with certainty)

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #3023
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Im actually ok with mallet if the cost is between a 5 and 7 as reported by one source. Put a stellar team around the qb position THEN start saturation drafting qb's like gruden's wet dream over the next couple of years. Just average qb play last year would've got us 6-10.
Mallett for a 5-7 .... I would be Ok with. Mallett for a 2nd or 3rd .... Forget it.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #3024
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'm a little concerned that OB/Smith aren't convinced that Mallet is worth our 2nd. If he's ready to start in the NFL, surely he's worth our 2nd. Maybe they've got a good feel for the situation & are just bending Belichick over a little.

But I'm tired of making excuses for our QBs lack of arm strength, & trying to argue that good enough is good enough.

Yeah, I'll take smart over strong arm any day, but if at all possible I'd like both. Matt Schaub was smart. Matt Schaub could read defenses. Matt Schaub made good decisions with the ball.

I wish Matt Schaub could extend plays, maybe that's what a Bridgewater or Manziel would get you in respect to Schaub, but I'm not sold that either can be a smart as Schaub. Sure... Bridgewater read defenses at Louisville.. pssh.....

I'm not so sure deciphering the Ohio Bobcats defense prepared him for the NFL.

Still, if NFL teams respected Schaub's arm, maybe we'd have seen a little less enthusiasm on the blitzes... maybe we'd have seen Schaub get "all day" in the pocket.
Old 05-09-2014   #3025
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Louis Nix has drawn comparisons to a young Casey Hampton and Vince Wilfork. He makes too much sense at pick #33 tonight. I'm just worried he seems like too much of a perfect fit with the Texans that they'll overthink it and end up passing on him. When something is too good to be true it probably is. I hope Rick Smith knows how awesome Louis Nix was at Notre Dame. I'm shocked he didn't go in the first round.
Old 05-09-2014   #3026
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring on the Clown!

I don't think that Clowney is a perfect fit for Crennel's defense, but if we're selecting him then I trust that he will be used correctly. I have said all along that I think he is the most physically gifted athlete in the draft.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #3027
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58316 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Louis Nix has drawn comparisons to a young Casey Hampton and Vince Wilfork. He makes too much sense at pick #33 tonight. I'm just worried he seems like too much of a perfect fit with the Texans that they'll overthink it and end up passing on him. When something is too good to be true it probably is. I hope Rick Smith knows how awesome Louis Nix was at Notre Dame. I'm shocked he didn't go in the first round.
Wayyy too much in the injuries there for me to feel comfortable taking Nix.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2014   #3028
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping Carr or Marqise Lee.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #3029
xtruroyaltyx
All Pro

Rep Power: 43188 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Clowney press conference coming up on 610 in a few minutes.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read