Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-09-2014   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Convince Me Why We Cant Use Brennan Williams and Quesenberry This Year??????????????

we keep talking about how we need oline help. Why cant we skip drafting someone this year and plug one at rt and one to help at g??

i just dont understand why these guys arent being considered as viable replacement options.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Convince Me Why We Cant Use Brennan Williams and Quesenberry This Year???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
we keep talking about how we need oline help. Why cant we skip drafting someone this year and plug one at rt and one to help at g??

i just dont understand why these guys arent being considered as viable replacement options.
I am personally very high on Quessenberry. That guy showed well in preseason last year, even though they kept trotting Ben Jones out there. His injury was a pretty straightforward recovery, so I think he's going to lock down a guard spot. I know some have talked about him at tackle, but I don't know enough about it to say for sure. I can say what I say of him at guard was impressive for a rookie. Brennan Williams I don't know much about.

Regardless, Newton was awful and does not need to be on the roster at all. Ben Jones is not good either. At minimum, they need a guard and a tackle, and that's assuming everyone stays healthy. So draft a tackle and hope that Brooks, Williams, Qberry, and maybe Jones can platoon the other spots, with one or two of them being able to swing to tackle in a pinch.

Also, if you had only put ten question marks, I'm not sure I would have responded, so kudos for that.
Old 05-09-2014   #3
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Convince Me Why We Cant Use Brennan Williams and Quesenberry This Year???????????

Williams has had a serious injury and it's unclear if he will be able to come back, or if he does, how well he will play. Ques is definately in the mix to start either at LG or RT, but we also need improved depth. We need to draft either a LG or LT, or one of each.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post

I'm expecting Q to recover and come back to take over either as LG or RT.

Brennan Williams? I'm not expecting him to ever play a game for us. I think his career is over before it started.

So, for me, we need either an LG or an RT. That's why I'm not averse to taking an RT at 2-1. It would lock us in with Q at LG and give us a good, young offensive line.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #5
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 45564 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Williams has had a serious injury and it's unclear if he will be able to come back, or if he does, how well he will play. Ques is definately in the mix to start either at LG or RT, but we also need improved depth. We need to draft either a LG or LT, or one of each.
Let's not confuse Trevardo Williams with Brennan Williams. I know I do at times. One has a potential career ending injury and the other does not. I'm not sure at this point which is which.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #6
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

First convince me why this question merited 14 question marks.
Old 05-09-2014   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes 12 is just not enough.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2014   #8
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Ah man I didn't think it was that bad. That sucks. I can't see someone being worse than Newton. I like Q and I hope he takes the RT spot.
Old 05-09-2014   #9
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Let's not confuse Trevardo Williams with Brennan Williams. I know I do at times. One has a potential career ending injury and the other does not. I'm not sure at this point which is which.
Trevardo is a DE/OLB out of UConn and Brennan is a OT out of Virginia (or maybe North Carolina). Both were rookies and on IR last year. The OT is the one with the more serious injury which might be career ending, we will see.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #10
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Using advanced search put CloakNNNDagger in username and put Williams in keyword.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #11
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

do we have any confirmation on how bad the williams injury is? i havent heard the stuff about him never playing again. Was it the same injury that he had in college?

and the q's are used to show how perplexed i am at the possibility that we could actually have 3 picks from last years class never see the field. williams, montgomery, trevardo.
Old 05-09-2014   #12
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72042 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Quessenberry.

Didn't like The Brennan pick if he was supposed to be a tackle. His pass protection was horrible from what I saw in college.

And he's weird and injured.
xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #13
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 61665 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
First convince me why this question merited 14 question marks.
because overkill is underrated my friend....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Sometimes 12 is just not enough.
And never 13, it's unlucky. That is why when you walk into a sentence, you never see a 13th question mark.
Old 05-09-2014   #15
thetexanator
All Pro

oh you guys with your funny remarks. You guys think this is some kind of game or something? Were talking about draft picks here!
Old 05-09-2014   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

LT - Brown
LG - Quessenberry
C - Myers
RG - Brooks
RT - Newton

I know where I'm looking for o line help..
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #17
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72042 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

LT - Brown
LG- Brooks
C - Myers
RG - Jones
RT - Quessenberry
Old 05-09-2014   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
LT - Brown
LG- Brooks
C - Myers
RG - Jones
RT - Quessenberry
Flip Brooks and Jones and I think we have a shot. Jones would get pushed around on the right side.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #19
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Flip Brooks and Jones and I think we have a shot. Jones would get pushed around on the right side.
I put them like that because apparently that's how they've been playing in OTA's so far.

And I mean...As far as being pushed around...If you're going to get pushed around on the right you'll get pushed around on the left.

Could be the new staff thinks Brooks would be a better fit next to Duane and that they'd work well together.

Also, if they really like Brooks they could think that having a really strong side of the OL is better than having two iffy positions on both sides.

I don't know what their thinking is....just blind speculation...
Old 05-09-2014   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I commented on the viability of taking Robinson a few times, and I must admit I had just forgotten about these guys. I also don't remember jack about how good they are supposed to be, or if we have a clue about that yet. So, basically, I just want the right side of the OL to be better this year.

Plus, it's true, 13 question marks is like really unlucky, yo.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read