Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will the Texans rest starters?

I'm hoping so.. all were playing for is the #1 pick, and I would Hate to see Andre or JJ get injured in a meaningless game.. I also believe Matt should be benched since he won't be here next year and let Yates (if healthy) get a start in.. I kno it's early, but I'm hoping we rest our starters for the last game and lock up this #1 pick!!

I think that would be considered poor form since resting starters at the end of the season is usually reserved for playoff teams. But, sure, why not?

If they rest their starting QB, who will be resting?

I guess Grimes needs to rest if every other RB is injured?

Ryan Griffin, our only TE can rest, I like that Smelly guy because of his name so I guess he can play TE?

Please let Brooke Reed rest, he has been busy doing absolutely nothing all season.

Ryan Griffin, our only TE can rest, I like that Smelly guy because of his name so I guess he can play TE?

Please let Brooke Reed rest, he has been busy doing absolutely nothing all season.

LOl @ Brooks Reed, yea everyone make's for some good points, I guess my main concern would be Andre and JJ.. seeing as how Joseph left with a injury this week so I doubt he plays

Not sure why we would rest them...they will have plenty of time to rest up afterwards but on the other hand, why play them in a meaningless game?

Meh, doesn't matter either way. I am rooting for a win as I desperately need one. Even if it costs us the #1 pick.

I hope we win. Anyone rooting for a loss to the Titans should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.

But there's 2 silver linings to losing this game:
1) seal the #1 pick
2) help Munchak keep his job

That'll mire the Titans in mediocrity for a few more years.

Playing the starters seems to be a good recipe for losses . :pinned:

This. Play the starters guaranteeing the loss plus keeping Colts and their fans from thinking we tanked a page...I mean took a page from their book.

You mean look down?

Not unless Hell relocated. :D

In my perfect world the Texans do all they can to win, get the win, and have the Redskins win vs Giants too. That would do it, right?

You rest starters when you're 13-2, not when you're 2-13.

Even if we win we would have the #2 pick at worst so I could care less about losing to protect the #1 pick. It would be pretty funny if we finished 3-13 and 2 of those wins were against Tennessee.

Plus Bud will be pissed as he looks up watching his team lose twice in the same season against the worst Texan team ever.

OK! Now you've done it. Now I want to win, badly. Of course from the descriptions I've read, he can't see anything or hear anything in total darkness and alone for all eternity in torment because it didn't have to be that way.

Just trying to help you out, not trying to be smartass. But the multi-quote button is right next to the quote button. Simply hit the munti-quote of as many posts as you like and when you hit "reply" they will all come up in one box for you to respond to each in one post. :)

I thought we locked the #1 pick losing against the broncos.

Why does everybody seems to think we need another loss to secure it?

Just trying to help you out, not trying to be smartass. But the multi-quote button is right next to the quote button. Simply hit the munti-quote of as many posts as you like and when you hit "reply" they will all come up in one box for you to respond to each in one post. :)

I actually didn't know that. When I multi-quote I usually copy & paste and then refresh the page to copy the 2nd person, so thanks.

The Redskins only have 3 wins and would give the #1 to the Rams if Houston wins and Washington loses to the Giants. The worse the Texans can get is the #2 pick behind St. Louis.

I actually didn't know that. When I multi-quote I usually copy & paste and then refresh the page to copy the 2nd person, so thanks.

The Redskins only have 3 wins and would give the #1 to the Rams if Houston wins and Washington loses to the Giants. The worse the Texans can get is the #2 pick behind St. Louis.

I thought that the tiebreaker was the strength of schedule

with the same number of wins, the team with the easiest schedule wins the first pick

http://www.theredzone.org/Features/N...fSchedule.aspx

here it says that we have an easiest schedule than the redskins, so they should get #2 pick overall (rams will get it in the end, but you get the point)

PS: sorry for the two similar posts in 2 different threads

Half our starters are already on IR, the other half isn't worth a crap anyway. There's no difference between them and whatever is left of the backups.

This season is finally over after this Sunday. My gawd it's been horrible.

I thought that the tiebreaker was the strength of schedule

with the same number of wins, the team with the easiest schedule wins the first pick

http://www.theredzone.org/Features/N...fSchedule.aspx

here it says that we have an easiest schedule than the redskins, so they should get #2 pick overall (rams will get it in the end, but you get the point)

PS: sorry for the two similar posts in 2 different threads

Oh, I recall a poster saying it would go to Washington for the same reason.

It's "Brooks Reed" genius. If you're going to mouth off, at least know how to spell the players' names.

I hope we win. Anyone rooting for a loss to the Titans should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.

I'm rooting for a loss and I am not ashamed. I won't be upset ether way it turns out though. A win does nothing but give the Rams an opportunity at the #1 pick and give Phillips a glimmer of hope for the hc vacancy. I don't like losing but after 13 losses in a row what is the point. I see more negatives than positives from a win. Either way the offseason is going to start when the clock hits 0:00 at the end of the 4th quarter. I just can't seem to get worked up for the last game of an awful season. I'm already in draft/head coach searching mode.

I apologize. I really don't respond to threads like i should, but to individual posts as if I were having a conversation. Perhaps because I'm an old fogy and set in my ways. I even use gen one phone because the smart phones are too smart for me.

If Washington loses and we win our records are identical and we lose the tiebreaker due to strength of schedule. A Texan tie or loss or a Washington tie or win clinches the number one seed. But we do have a top 2 pick locked up.

If Washington loses and we win our records are identical and we lose the tiebreaker due to strength of schedule. A Texan tie or loss or a Washington tie or win clinches the number one seed. But we do have a top 2 pick locked up.

Yes I noticed, the problem was the site I was looking had the Texans with the easiest schedule between the 2 teams.

anyway I think the question should be "Will the Texans BENCH the starters?"

Rest implies they will be used later, and to me "next year" doesn't count as "later"

I apologize. I really don't respond to threads like i should, but to individual posts as if I were having a conversation. Perhaps because I'm an old fogy and set in my ways. I even use gen one phone because the smart phones are too smart for me.

No worries Marshall!

You can hope to win, but people who are rooting to lose at this point in the season don't have to be "****ing ashamed of themselves". That's ridiculous, because the people who are rooting for a loss are still rooting for their team to win in other areas. There hoping to win better draft position which helps the team and it isn't even about having the #1 ovrl pick, it's about having the first pick in every single round. They'll be the first team on the clock all draft weekend

There might be a rivalry between Houston and the Titans, but not this season. This game this Sunday is NOT a rivalry game. You don't have rivalry games when you're completely irrelevant, especially when both teams are completely irrelevant. SF and Seattle.. that's a rivalry game.. Bears and Packers.. rivalry game. Cowboys and Eagles.. rivalry game. Indiana and Miami.. great rivalry games.

A 2-13 Houston Texans team vs. a 6-9 Titans team.. Who gives a crap. Bragging rights aren't even on the line in this game, because even if we do sweep the Titans.. we'll still be 3-13 and regardless of a sweep any Texan fan who feels like bragging after finishing 3-13.. those are the fans who should be ashamed of themselves. Regardless of what happens this Sunday, Texan fans have nothing to crow about this season to anyone.. not even a Titans team they may or may not sweep. That team will still have twice as many wins as their team had.

Carr Bombed, I totally understand what you are saying. Believe me, I do. But all I want to see on my TV is the Texans winning. That's all. In the exact case of this year, it really doesn't matter. We got either 1 or 2. The Rams aren't going for the QB. That leaves us with Bridgewater anyway, if that is the direction we take.

At this point, all I care about is seeing the frigging ****ing Texans actually managing to win a ****ing game.

There might be a rivalry between Houston and the Titans, but not this season. This game this Sunday is NOT a rivalry game.

No wonder Houstonians suck at identifying rivalries. One or both teams sucking makes no difference because no matter what anything could happen. Some of the epic Cowboys v. Redskins games have been with an underdog in a bad season playing to win and play spoiler. You don't just suspend rivalries.

Carr Bombed, I totally understand what you are saying. Believe me, I do. But all I want to see on my TV is the Texans winning. That's all. In the exact case of this year, it really doesn't matter. We got either 1 or 2. The Rams aren't going for the QB. That leaves us with Bridgewater anyway, if that is the direction we take.

At this point, all I care about is seeing the frigging ****ing Texans actually managing to win a ****ing game.

Don't be surprised if the Rams look to draft a QB.. Bradford is coming off of a injury and hasn't exactly locked down the position. I think there's a chance they will draft one and even if they don't, they can still trade out to a team that will.

But it's not just about the first overall pick. There's also a advantage to being able to have a entire night to scan over who's available, who fell, and who's still left out on the table.. and then having the first pick the next morning to be able to do so.

I want to see the Texans win to.. just when it matters and when it's relevant.. like it would've been earlier in the season. After a 2-13 season where you lose 13 straight games.. #14 isn't going to make much of a difference to me, especially when it improves my team's draft position throughout the entire draft.

The Texans will lose anyway, you and I both know that. They aren't worth a **** this year. I wouldn't worry about it. LOL

No wonder Houstonians suck at identifying rivalries. One or both teams sucking makes no difference because no matter what anything could happen. Some of the epic Cowboys v. Redskins games have been with an underdog in a bad season playing to win and play spoiler. You don't just suspend rivalries.

Yeah, I was at some of those Redskin games when I lived in Dallas.

Tell me.. who is playing spoiler in this game? I know what the hell a rivalry game is and this one isn't one. What are the Titans looking to spoil? :rolleyes: Our epic 3-13 season? What are the Texans looking to spoil? The Titans chance of not having a losing season? There's nothing to spoil. LOL The Titans would hurt Hou more by losing than winning.. Both of these teams are just waiting to get the season over with.

I agree with you.. some Houstonians suck at identifying rivalry games.

Yeah, I was at some of those Redskin games when I lived in Dallas.

Tell me.. who is playing spoiler in this game? I know what the hell a rivalry game is and this one isn't one. What are the Titans looking to spoil? :rolleyes: Our epic 3-13 season? What are the Texans looking to spoil? The Titans chance of not having a losing season? There's nothing to spoil. LOL The Titans would hurt Hou more by losing than winning.. Both of these teams are just waiting to get the season over with.

I agree with you.. some Houstonians suck at identifying rivalry games.

If you have to have some motivation beyond the rivalry it isn't much if any of a rivalry.

If you really need one, it is the embarrassment of a 3 win team getting there by sweeping you.

If you have to have some motivation beyond the rivalry it isn't much if any of a rivalry.

If you really need one, it is the embarrassment of a 3 win team getting there by sweeping you.

Houston and the Titans were really only heated rivals for about a 3 year stretch. The rivalry was completely fabricated by McNair and his P.R. staff in the early years with his whole "TNT" crap.

Then it grew into a true rivalry when there started to be legit bad blood, but a lot of those players are now gone (Finnegan, Winston, Pollard, and KVB). Both teams have overturned their roster so much the "rivalry" has gone stale.. especially during this season when both teams suck. All in all, this game has mostly been a bigger "rivalry" in the minds of Houston fans (for obvious reasons) more than it has for the players on the field.

Great rivalries are built through great disappointing losses in games of great importance (division tiles on the line and playoff losses) and sadly there hasn't been a whole lot of those games between these two teams.. This rivalry was mostly fed by more of what happened after the whistle. It would've been nice to see Houston make the playoffs again and face the Bengals, because they were starting to develop a nice rivalry.

If Houston wins so be it.. it's not like I'm going to be upset. If people are rooting for them to lose, so be it also.. that doesn't mean they should be "****ing ashamed" either, because I can also completely understand that POV too. Which was my original point. I get tired of people trying to act like they're super fans or they're better fans than other posters around here sometimes. The way I look at it, if you take the time to register and spend meaningless hours posting about a football team that you have no control over, you're already way more invested than the "average football fan". Average fans have never even been on this board. If a fan who posts on this board wants to lose this game than that shouldn't be any indictment on their "fanhood", because in the long run they're still rooting and looking out for the long term well being of their team.

Last edited:
I know you die hard Texans fans just want to see a win, but how would u feel if AJ, or Watt had a serious injury fighting for the #2 pick? Would the win be worth it..

Back