Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston at Tennessee: Score Prediction

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
The final game of the regular season. I'm so glad this 2013 Texans season is coming to an end. With a 2-13 record we have already clinched a top two pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. A loss to the Titans would clinch the first overall pick for the Texans, but I kind of hope we win this game just to end the season on a positive note. Otherwise we'll have to endure the entire off-season on an active 14-game losing streak. The Texans can still beat the Titans and clinch the first pick if the Redskins beat the Giants. Considering the Rams have the Redskins' pick I see no reason why the Redskins wouldn't at least play hard. They almost beat the Cowboys yesterday.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has been stinking it up lately for the Titans at quarterback but just like Chad Henne, he seems to have big games against the Texans. I also expect Chris Johnson to have a 25-rush, 150-yard, 3 TD performance against our defense. The Titans also have several good wide receivers who the Texans secondary just can't stop. Nate Washington and Kendall Wright, in particular, have too much speed and playmaking ability.

The Titans are 0-5 against the AFC South this season even though they out-played us back in Week 2 at Reliant Stadium (our last win). That was the game the Texans came from behind down 8 points late in the fourth quarter to pull it out 30-24 in overtime. Their head coach Mike Munchak is definitely on the hot seat and could be fired soon. But if the Titans beat the Texans and end their season 7-9, I think that may be enough to save his job just because they didn't have high expectations entering the season.

As much as I want the Texans to win, I don't see us pulling off a road win in Nashville, Tennessee. But I really want to see us go in there and kick some Titans ass on a silver platter. We can definitely use one of those feel-good wins as an organization right about now. Am I right or am I right?

What the heck, it's Christmas time people. Time to believe!
Let's end our 13-game losing streak and finish the season 3-13

Texans 27, Titans 24

I'll cheer for the Redskins to beat the Giants so we can still end up with the first overall pick after we beat the Titans. That game starts at noontime also so we can definitely scoreboard watch that Redskins-Giants game. But even if we end up with the second pick it's not too big of a deal to me. We're going to draft a great player with that first or second pick regardless.

My patience has reached it's limit and I don't care. I'm going to watch the game, and hopefully the Texans win. Honestly, I don't see a bit of difference between having the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft this year. And we're guarantied one of those picks no matter what happens at the Titans.

So whatever. Ra Ra Texans and all that.

oh yeah, my prediction is we lose again and Wade is fired that night.

24-20 Titans.....

If Keenum starts:

Williams/Gray are gonna be coming after him every single damn play & there won't be a thing he'll be able to do to counter it...he'll get sacked a number of times...probably fumble it and set the tacks up deep in our territory.

If Schaub starts:

Williams/Gray will be more selective in how they come after him, Matt will counter by getting the ball out of his hands fast, but it'll lead to lots of throwing short of the sticks & the inevitable untimely int.

A lot (them) to a little (us)
That seems to be how the scores have played these last 13 weeks.

The past couple few weeks the O and D both have been a joke. "Any given Sunday" and all that jazz, but currently, we'd give the 08 Lions a reason to be optimistic

The past couple few weeks the O and D both have been a joke. "Any given Sunday" and all that jazz, but currently, we'd give the 08 Lions a reason to be optimistic

It's ironic too that 2 of our favorite goats to kick (Bullock, Schaub) are the only reasons why we even have 2 wins this year.....easily could be 0-16 right now.

Since this season has been a bit against everything the fans have wanted the Texans will win. I rather they win but I know a lot of folks want them to lose to secure the number one pick. So they'll pull it out and the boards will light up. I rather not go into next year on a 14 game losing streak though. I don't see anyone that is a bonafide #1 pick so that means little difference to me in comparison to the #2 pick or whatever.

It's ironic too that 2 of our favorite goats to kick (Bullock, Schaub) are the only reasons why we even have 2 wins this year.....easily could be 0-16 right now.

They might've been the goats early on, but to me, the entire team/organization has been an epic fail. As a defense kinda guy, I've been truly disappointed in the way our defense has gone from top 5-7 to the bottom 1/4

Titans - 63
Texans - 6

Wade Phillips immediately signed as head coach and agrees to terms on 12 year deal following game.

I was expecting a huge blow out against the Broncus but didn't get it.

Titans I expect we'll lose in a squeaker so......

Texans 194 - Titans 2

BANANA HAMMOCK

Titans 24, Texans 13. Though it would be a sweet slap in their face to bookend the massive losing streak with wins over the Titans.

Keenum led texans
Titans 27
Texans 17

Schaub led texans
Titans 34
Texans 17

I have the titans 7 points assuming Schaub throws another pick 6.

3 reasons I really want us to tie. 1. We've never tied before, let's get that out of the way. 2. I can't root for a loss because that would mean rooting for a titans win which is wholly unacceptable. 3. A tie means we can't be caught in the suck for first pick stakes.

I'll plump for 2-2, that sums these two teams up perfectly.

Titans 24
Texans 16

Texans burn the 2012 letterman jackets on the Titans 50 yard line immediately after the game to cleanse the curse.

3 reasons I really want us to tie. 1. We've never tied before, let's get that out of the way. 2. I can't root for a loss because that would mean rooting for a titans win which is wholly unacceptable. 3. A tie means we can't be caught in the suck for first pick stakes.

I'll plump for 2-2, that sums these two teams up perfectly.

There's only one reason to root for a tie: It ends the losing streak. :doot:

Flaming Sparrow (aka Blazing Arrow), Childress and Bipolar et al 37 - Texans 13.

RIP Kian! I hope someone from GoTitans.com forwards this or at least a message to Kian's Mom that some of us still think about him and his contributions.

Having lost my mother (relatively) recently, the holidays change everything. I lost my mother but Kian's mother, lost her son.... Y'all think about that.

A son is supposed to outlive his mother.

Merry Christmas, Ms. Blazing Arrow. I hope you find peace.

Titans 2
Texans o

Texans get the ball on their own 5 with 6 minutes left . Schaub does a bootleg that fools everybody and runs to paydirt . Unfortunately he runs out the clock in the process when he gets tackled on the Titan one yard line .

Johnathan Joseph isn't going to play. Not that he has played well this season even when he was healthy. At least not the dominating and All Pro version of Joseph that we gladly watched during the 2011 season. But those talented wide receivers from the Titans will present a lot of problems for us like I mentioned on my first post. Not to mention Chris Johnson has the ability to have a monster game. If he runs the ball twenty times or more I think we're in for a long day.

Gregg Williams has been labeled as the Titans' Senior Assistant Defensive Coach but we all know he's the main man dialing up their defensive plays and schemes. Some of you alluded to the fact he's going to bring the house and the kitchen sink. No doubt he'll have an aggressive game plan and blitz the Texans offense all game long. No matter who we start at quarterback they're going to be hit hard, knocked down on the ground, and likely pressured into throwing a few interceptions if not fumbling the ball.

Even though I picked the Texans to win you guys are probably right. They will find a way to lose just like they've been doing since Week 3. I'm still hoping the Texans beat the Titans so we can at least have something to celebrate going into the off-season. I can usually live off a Texans win for weeks and weeks at a time. In this case it would be months and months of enjoying a big win over a hated division rival. I'd be feeling pretty good about the Texans winning that final game of the season all the way until the 2014 NFL draft starts on Thursday: May 8, 2014.

I feel 100 % confident the Redskins will beat the Giants so we will still clinch the first overall pick in the draft even if we do indeed beat the Titans. The Redskins nearly beat the Cowboys and Falcons in their last two games. There is no reason for the Redskins to tank the final game because the Rams would end up with their potential first pick if they lose to the Giants.

I predict that the Texans will start Keenum and that the Texans will beat the ever loving crap out of the Titans to end the season 3-13 and avoid matching the worst finish in franchise history.

I admit that this is based on nothing at all but wishful thinking and the belief that the Texans will do whatever it takes to complicate the future whether they want to or not.

With this win the Texans will....

a) Move the themselves to the 2nd overall pick and in so doing make every bit of speculation on our part so far null and void. The Redskins then trade RGIII to Cleveland and take Teddy Bridgewater at 1-1 because their new head coach Ken Whisenhunt thinks he's the real thing. WAIT! I forgot about the Rams holding Washington's pick! Disregard this. I have no friggin idea what that means.

The Rams will probably take Clowney and that gives us the Bridgewater option.

b) Get Mike Munchak and much of his staff fired. Welcome home Mike & Bruce!

c) Make Case Keenum look good again further clouding Bob McNair's mind on that front and making the life of our next HC a tad more difficult in the process.

Other things will probably result from this but those are the biggest ripples coming out of Nashville Sunday.

Texans 31
Titans 30

Randy kicks an epic 61 yard field goal with 1 second on clock to win. Schaub starts and goes 37-45, 562 yards, 4 TD 0 int.

Since my one week vacation starts in a few hours, I predict I will have smoked the rest of my stash before the game. That will leave me severely pissed off and I will hate the game no matter what happens. :mad:

The football gods will be merciful and allow the field to swallow both teams down to the great abyss.

I want to see the reactions if Schaub starts and wins this game costing us the #1 overall pick.

I'll predict the rather unusual occurrence of a tie game - No one wins and both teams start preparing for the 2014 draft!

Back