Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-28-2013   #81
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NastyNate's mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Again, this is a matter of opinion. In the 5 games I have watched Bridgewater, IMHO, Teddy doesn't make all the throws. My biggest concern is his deep ball, Bridgewater needs a high trajectory, a lot of air underneath in order to get the distance he needs. For me, I saw several of these type passes that would likely be INTs in the NFL. I have also noticed that while Bridgewater is accurate, his ball placement is suspect, which could also be more of a problem in the NFL.
To clarify my post that you quote is from my prior post #44 & is about McCarron not Bridgewater.

I do agree with your POV on TB.
Old 12-28-2013   #82
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
This is very important. Bridgewater isn't playing in a funky spread like baylor,tamu,fresno st,or oregon where guys are horizontally stretching windows. He's making tight window throws to wrs who are not creating a lot of room. Not only that,the wrs don't have to dive,jump,or make lynn swann 1978 catches either. As someone stated, 70% doesn't mean you're accurate. I watch mariotta and unless the dude is running free,he's not letting it go. Go rewatch the stanford game when they re-routed the wrs and he wouldn't throw guys open. Bridgewater has to throw guys open,he doesn't have a choice.
Well then let's close the topic as Texans will just have to take him.
Old 12-28-2013   #83
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
All fine and dandy but you never explained it yourself. When your analogies don't make sense everyone else is the fool because they don't agree. Tell us again about the itchy vagina. Another reason your post get tiresome. Waiting now for to tell us how hitting a stationary golf ball is the same as hitting a 90 MPH baseball.
Not sure you will try to understand, but...

It is not an analogy.

Precision and accuracy are math and science concepts for evaluating data. Accuracy is a measure of nearness to a known or predicted value. Precision is a measure of repeatability. They can be applied to any data and the data types/sources can be wildly disparate (not analogous to each other). The causes of the inaccuracy or imprecision will naturally be specific to the data source, i.e. the causes of inaccuracy in hitting a golf ball or a baseball will differ but the accuracy of either can be evaluated and similarly precision in each. Data is commonly represented graphically such as on an X-Y graph. A "target" is nothing more than an X-Y graph with circles depicting equidistant points from center axis.

If you don't find the distinction worth discussing, fine, but it exists and is applicable regardless.

Last edited by infantrycak; 12-28-2013 at 04:09 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #84
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not sure you will try to understand, but...

It is not an analogy.

Precision and accuracy are math and science concepts for evaluating data. Accuracy is a measure of nearness to a known or predicted value. Precision is a measure of repeatability. They can be applied to any data and the data types/sources can be wildly disparate (not analogous to each other). The causes of the inaccuracy or imprecision will naturally be specific to the data source, i.e. the causes of inaccuracy in hitting a golf ball or a baseball will differ but the accuracy of either can be evaluated and similarly precision in each. Data is commonly represented graphically such as on an X-Y graph. A "target" is nothing more than an X-Y graph with circles depicting equidistant points from center axis.

If you don't find the distinction worth discussing, fine, but it exists and is applicable regardless.
Yes I do understand, I always try to err on the side of math and science, primarily because they are usually exact. In this case I think you might be over thinking it. Paralysis by over analysis. This comparison is more of an art than science. You can take 10 QBs of different size and makeup and give them all the same coaching. Teach them the same footwork, release, timing and you will still likely get 10 different completion % and ball placement grades. I'm sure you will disagree.....
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read