Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

View Poll Results: Is Teddy Bridgewater a Franchise Quarterback?
Yes. I am certain that Teddy Bridgewater is a Franchise Quarterback 3 8.57%
I'm not positive, but I believe Teddy Bridgewater is a Franchise Quarterback 12 34.29%
I have no idea whether Teddy Bridgewater is a Franchise Quarterback 7 20.00%
I'm not positive but I don't believe that Teddy Bridgewater is a Franchise Quarterback 11 31.43%
No. I am certain that Teddy Bridgewater is not a Franchise Quarterback 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2013   #1
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Doppelalysis Part 2 Followup Poll

Per Hervoyel, request:

Let's get a sense of the way Teddy Bridgewater is viewed PRIOR to his bowl game.

So the basic question is whether or not Teddy Bridgewater is a franchise quarterback. Since the very notion of a Franchise Quarterback is in dispute, I will attempt to provide a working definition of the term.

In my mind, a franchise player is one who excels at his position. He is one of top player at his position in the league. He is able to singlehandedly positively affect the outcome of the game. When the outcome of the game is in doubt, he steps up, and delivers the necessary play(s) that take a potential loss and turn them into a win. These players are men who are considered cornerstones of the offense and the team in general.

If you wish to modify or edit my working definition you are welcome, but please do vote in the poll.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013   #2
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelalysis Part 2 Followup Poll

I voted for I'm not positive but I don't believe that Teddy Bridgewater is a Franchise Quarterback

I'm willing to change my mind after the bowl game, combine and some more "film study" but at this point i don't see him as a franchise QB more a top 8-12 guy when at his peak. instead of being the top 6 franchise player
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

No on Bridgewater
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not positive but I believe that he can become one. Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, etc... weren't franchise QB's on draft day either. Players can be developed.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'm not positive but I believe that he can become one. Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, etc... weren't franchise QB's on draft day either. Players can be developed.
It's true. Some franchise QB's don't walk into the league as franchise QB's. I don't see anything in Bridgewater that tells me he cannot be developed. I just don't believe he is one at this time. That's how I voted.
Old 12-23-2013   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

So much depends on the coach & his system. If Texans can somehow pry Bill O’Brien away from Penn State, It's sure money in my book that Bridgewater will be a successful franchise QB. Lovie Smith gets hired his odds drop to 50/50. Bridewater/players are not the issue as much around here as the coaching which is why I voted in favor of Bridgewater or Bortles, heck even Manziel but will have to wait to be more definitive once Bob McNair selects next Texans Head Coach.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
heck even Manziel but will have to wait to be more definitive once Bob McNair selects next Texans Head Coach.
You don't realize how true a possibility Manziel really is .... there is talk that McNair is enamored with Manziel .... at #1.

As for the poll - I'm undecided but leaning to a no on Bridgewater being a long term solution at QB. He is a very big risk ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2013   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You don't realize how true a possibility Manziel really is .... there is talk that McNair is enamored with Manziel .... at #1.

As for the poll - I'm undecided but leaning to a no on Bridgewater being a long term solution at QB. He is a very big risk ....
Everyone other than Peyton Manning and/or Andrew Luck are a big risk at 1-1. We can't wait until an absolute certain franchise QB prospect comes along, that could be another 10 yrs. or never.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

i took the 2nd option...("I'm not positive...."). Apart from his physical tools, His poise & maturity is what i believe sets him apart from all the other prospects at qb...He doesn't seem to ever get rattled. I don't see that with any of these other prospects....except maybe McCarron.

I think another plus with Bridgewater is that there's no worry about whether or not he'll take to the coaching. Most guys with his athleticism tend to throw all the coaching out of the window & rely on what they know how to do best when the live bullets start flying in the NFL....largely b/c that's what they've done all their careers up to that point & they've been successful. He seems to really try to work the pocket and only relies on his athleticism when he has to, much like Russell Wilson. & Despite being as hyped as other qb's in college have in the past, he appears not to really get caught up in all that; there's no ego.....like Cam Newton... RG3.

But the HC we bring in is gonna be critical for his development. Whomever that is is gonna have to be patient with him & bring him along slowly; resisting the urge to start him right away. Perhaps just sit him on the bench & only give him a few games at the end of next year.

An-in-your-face guy like Gruden, Billick.....that's a no-go.

This is the only reason i'd be for Lovie Smith...patient guy who never had the luxury of picking his own qb. Obviously, i hope we can land O'brien..i think he fits that mold as well.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #10
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
I voted for I'm not positive but I don't believe that Teddy Bridgewater is a Franchise Quarterback

I'm willing to change my mind after the bowl game, combine and some more "film study" but at this point i don't see him as a franchise QB more a top 8-12 guy when at his peak. instead of being the top 6 franchise player
I'm staying with my vote for now. but todays bowl game has him going in the right directions to change my vote
Old 12-29-2013   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, it's a virtual tie.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #12
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Wow, it's a virtual tie.
i think this poll and the results sums up the entire issue regarding TB and the dividing view points.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read