Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2013   #21
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub will start this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Yeah, I'll buy that. First thing I thought was "convenient" when I saw the thread. Thing is, I'm very happy about it if they are keeping Keenum on the sidelines for the remainder.

Let Schaub deal with the wolves on his way out the door. These last two games don't mean anything anyway.

What happend to the last few games Case can prove what he is worth? Now he is "hurt" doesnt get his full shot and might need more time into next year
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #22
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Doesn't Yates have a hurt back? According to Wade last week Yates hurt his back sitting on the bench...
Makes you wonder where Case had his thumb. Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #23
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13708 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
What happend to the last few games Case can prove what he is worth? Now he is "hurt" doesnt get his full shot and might need more time into next year

Next year tank for Winston.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #24
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I thought about that too but am still cool with it if they just shelf him the rest of the way. As a big Cougar fan I have pulled for him to do well and maybe this is a snap judgement, but I never saw him as an heir-apparent. Maybe the Texans don't either and are trying to keep their backup from beginning next year injured..lol.
Old 12-18-2013   #25
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't believe I'm saying this but thank God. I cannot watch another play from Keenum. I think we can all accept this being the end to the Keenum experiment. He has been absolutely brutal to watch after those first three games.

I don't like schaub as much as the next guy but as a fan I am in dire need of a win. It's been three months of losing. Even if we fall to the second or third pick because of it...who cares. There isn't really a clear cut #1 this year anyway.

I think schaub gives us a better chance to win over keenum and Yates.

Let's just finish the season and try to scrape a win or two.
Old 12-18-2013   #26
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Case out with sprained thumb.

WHO LET THE BOO BIRDS OUT!!!
Hopefully no one. At this point no one should care enough about this choice to boo the guy. Let him play the game. Not a big deal at this point and hopefully he has the game of us life so we can shock the world.

Quote:
on the blitz yesterday they were talking through next year scenarios and came to a point where they said you have to draft a qb early and bring in a vet. The vet to play and give the rookie some time to come together and the only FA QB worth a damn would be Cutler/Vick. The assumption was Cutler stays at which point they said it might make sense to keep Matt around for another year. I dont know all the money that goes into it though
Yeah I heard that too and it actually made some sense. Doubt it happens though. Think the team is ready to cut ties in all ways and just move on. With how iffy this line may be next year it would be nice to let the incoming rookie sit and learn but these days teams want to throw them out in the fire. Works for some so hopefully it does for us too though we'll need a veteran in any case if we let Schaub walk.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #27
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I bet we score more than 3 points.
We'll score some TDs because Denver's D can't stop anybody. And yea, maybe ultimately we get blown out again, on the other hand maybe the game is more like our performance vs the Pats. If nothing else, this new parameter adds some drama to the game.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2013   #28
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Can't believe I'm saying this but thank God. I cannot watch another play from Keenum. I think we can all accept this being the end to the Keenum experiment. He has been absolutely brutal to watch after those first three games.

I don't like schaub as much as the next guy but as a fan I am in dire need of a win. It's been three months of losing. Even if we fall to the second or third pick because of it...who cares. There isn't really a clear cut #1 this year anyway.

I think schaub gives us a better chance to win over keenum and Yates.

Let's just finish the season and try to scrape a win or two.
I agree with you. I think Matt Schaub is garbage but Keenum has been pathetic lately. We all need a win especially with the prospect of Rick Smith blowing another draft pick.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #29
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly the whole team looks pathetic except for Watt.

Here's to next year hoping we get a franchise quarterback that will be worth watching and a coach that can gameplan for both halves.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #30
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119762 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Who will be the back up QB? Yates back still hurt?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #31
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Ben Tate out for the rest of the season as well.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #32
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
Honestly the whole team looks pathetic except for Watt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Who will be the back up QB? Yates back still hurt?
Watt gets my vote.
Old 12-18-2013   #33
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why not, if the team is still trying to play to win the game, Schaub may give them the best chance. I would presume Wade is still auditioning for the HC role.

Don't think it makes any difference though, still think we lose by 50.
Old 12-18-2013   #34
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I bet we score more than 3 points.
I agree. 6 is more than 3.

As far as Schaub starting...'eh, who cares. This has been such a craptastic season that I couldn't care less if they just forfeited the games at this point.
Old 12-18-2013   #35
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is our plan to keep Peyton off the field. Every drive Schaub will throw a pick six and keep Denvers Offense off the field.
Old 12-18-2013   #36
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Case is injury prone
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #37
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90799 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Schaub is our plan to keep Peyton off the field. Every drive Schaub will throw a pick six and keep Denvers Offense off the field.
lmao
Old 12-18-2013   #38
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
schaub season has returned!!!!!!!
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember the first time the Texans beat Peyton Manning? Christmas eve 2006, with David Carr at QB and Stacey Mack running a career high 150+ yards. That was the same year the Colts won a Super Bowl.

Crazier things have happened than the idea of this Texans team beating Manning's Broncos. If it happens, though, expect the Broncos to win the Super Bowl.
Old 12-18-2013   #40
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

meh, whatever. As much as it pains me and nauseates me I will root for Schwabie boy this Sunday. Just don't expect me to put on my mini-skirt and wave my pom-poms.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read