Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2013   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would Your Trade the 1st Pick for Rg3?

one really good year, one bad year. could go either way, looks like he was brought back too soon.

would you give up the 1st for him?

id have to say i dont think i would. looks really damaged out there.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Your Trade the 1st Pick for Rg3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
one really good year, one bad year. could go either way, looks like he was brought back too soon.

A 100 % healthy RG I would. With the Oline we are going to put together, he would be perfect.
Old 12-12-2013   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

No brainer if cleared fully fit.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #4
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I wouldn't do it. If anything I would trade out of the first round and have 2 the following year and get Jameis Winston.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #5
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

guys the injury is the only reason why it would happen. snyder wouldnt give up on a fully healthy rg3.
he wont be back before the draft, so you gotta try and strike while there are still injury concerns otherwise it would never happen.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I wouldn't do it. If anything I would trade out of the first round and have 2 the following year and get Jameis Winston.
What if Winston does not come out or team with first pick does not want your two firsts?
Old 12-12-2013   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
guys the injury is the only reason why it would happen. snyder wouldnt give up on a fully healthy rg3.
he wont be back before the draft, so you gotta try and strike while there are still injury concerns otherwise it would never happen.
So to clarify the trade has to be today based on known injury rather than the draft four months away when he could be better? I would not trade for an injured player as we learned from FA Ed Reed.
Old 12-12-2013   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Its really a sad situation IMO. The Redskins ruined RG3 by letting him play with damaged ligaments last season. It really pissed me off seeing that as I am a huge Rg3 fan.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #9
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40976 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

No, he was a flash in the pan. Will remain injury prone if he keeps running (like Vick) or be a mediocre passing QB (like Vick). Now Russel Wilson I would trade for ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Only if Shanahan comes with him.
Old 12-12-2013   #11
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the 2nd knee surgery YES, after the 2nd knee surgery doubtful.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #12
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You mean this Shannahan
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

and not THIS Shannahan...

right?

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Would Your Trade the 1st Pick for Rg3?
Nope. And I like RGIII, but I'm not convinced that he can consistently be the man for clutch situations.

Not a popular pick, but I'd like Jake Matthews on the right side of our o-line. A badass offensive line can provide a lot of positive things to a variety of QBs and RBs. Gotta' consistently win in the trenches to do anything great in the NFL, and that is tried and true wisdom regardless of era.
Old 12-12-2013   #14
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87860 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I would, I think him having a full off-season off to get healed would do him good. A lot of QB's have sophomore slumps, i.e Andrew Luck. I'd take RG3 over any QB in this draft class for sure. I'd like to hear what Seegara's racist daughter has to say about this though.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251514 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

No. I would not do that.

That would get in the way of my drafting Jake Matthews.
Old 12-12-2013   #16
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 128458 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope.
Old 12-12-2013   #17
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87860 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would y'all want to draft a RT so high in the draft? RT's can be had with 2nd round or even later picks. We didn't get Duane until the end of the 1st and he might've even have fallen to the second.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #18
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Only without Shanahan would I take him.
Old 12-12-2013   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Why would y'all want to draft a RT so high in the draft? RT's can be had with 2nd round or even later picks. We didn't get Duane until the end of the 1st and he might've even have fallen to the second.
But not the quality of Matthews nor could most of them replace Brown in a few years and keep going to pro bowl; even my guy James would be solid RT but not a left.
Old 12-12-2013   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope. Getting RGIII is also aquiring RGII. I don't need no baby daddy drama.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read