Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-14-2005   #1
Roger8519
Rookie

Angry Respect?

Where's the respect for the Texans? I was on the nfl site today and they have a poll of who you think besides the Patriots in the AFC has the best chance to go to the super bowl. They have of course the top ranked teams in the AFC: Indy, Pitt, Bmore, NY Jets, and San Diegoi, or for the Anchorman fans "a whales vagina" Anyway this is where the disturbing part comes in. They have Denver on the list, but no Houston. Denver is awful, yet they get more respect then the Texans for some reason. Anyway to make a long story short, it shows that the NFL doesnt have respect for the Texans as of yet, so I say they go out this year and show everyone exactly why they deserve to be on that poll. LET'S GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roger8519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

There are alot of teams not on the list. Dont freak out about it. Wait until we hit the 500 mark to get any respect.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

That "awful" Denver team beat us like a rented mule last year. Respect is something that has to be earned. Sub-.500 teams don't get much respect.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, let's put up a winning record (heck, a .500 record would be nice at this point) before we start talking about getting respect.

I love my team, but I'm realistic about the big picture. Shoot, Tampa Bay took decades before they got any respect.

Like Vinny said, respect is earned in the NFL, which is the way it should be.
Old 07-14-2005   #5
cred
Rookie

Personally, I am a huge Texan's fan and the reason that we don't get alot of respect is because we don't have very many nationally televised games, unlike the teams on that list. To get on the nationally televised games you are usually considered a contender and win some games, and that we have not proved just quite yet, but that will all change this year with a respectable 10-6, or better yet 11-5 record and earning a playoff spot.
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans dont deserve respect. Until the Texans become consistant, hold onto a lead, or over come themselves during a game they are no better than the Arizona Cardinals. And Arizona dosent have a snow balls chance in houston of going to the superbowl. (watch since i just posted that, Arizona will go to the superbowl and houston will get the worst blizzard ever recorded anywere in history.)

I do belive that they will have a break out season and make it to the playoffs. Then next year the whole league will talk about what a great young team we have and how Houston is the dark horse for next years superbowl.

This is the "show me somthing league".
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted to not dignify another "respect" thread with a comment. But then I also wanted to let everyone know that I wasn't going to dignify another "respect" thread with a comment so then I guess I made a comment....

I can't win this one. I don't respect anyone who thinks a sub .500 team doesn't get enough respect. How bout that?
Old 07-14-2005   #8
CAbills
Rookie

Denver DID make the playoffs last year.
CAbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I wanted to not dignify another "respect" thread with a comment. But then I also wanted to let everyone know that I wasn't going to dignify another "respect" thread with a comment so then I guess I made a comment....

I can't win this one. I don't respect anyone who thinks a sub .500 team doesn't get enough respect. How bout that?
Classic, man. That one actually made me laugh.
Old 07-14-2005   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Once again another "Respect" thread. We have to go out there and show we can beat the good teams and the bad teams consistently. Before that we won't get any respect.
Old 07-14-2005   #11
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

hey we go and beat indy this year and put up a decent record 9-7 to 11-5 and we'll be complaining that we're getting too much repsect.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

When you finish the season at sub .500 by losing to the Browns at home, you don't get respect.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #13
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do people whine about the Texans not getting respect from NFL.com or ESPN? Honestly, who gives a ****?
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Why do people whine about the Texans not getting respect from NFL.com or ESPN? Honestly, who gives a ****?
I don't have the total answer, but one component has to be the lack of coverage by the Chronic. Texan fans are dying for somebody to say something about their team. Acknowledge us so we know we exist.
Old 07-14-2005   #15
stephen1
Veteran

i dont think this is about respect, just over the fact that the texans are passed over and go unnoticed.
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #16
Evans Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
There are alot of teams not on the list. Dont freak out about it. Wait until we hit the 500 mark to get any respect.

so true look at buffalo they were a joke until last year having a winng record does alot for you
Evans Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #17
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm not sure that it's really about respect... it's more about which teams are on the upswing and which ones are on the downswing, and how long it'll take each one to improve or regress. I don't think too many people believe the Texans are on the downswing. They're poised as up-and-comers. There are always a couple of teams that emerge from the middle of the pack each year, and you guys are in that mix for '05.

So, if you can define that as respect... either way I'd rather not be on your schedule, especially after the tight game in '03.
Old 07-17-2005   #18
Dubble Trubble
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger8519
Where's the respect for the Texans?
I wish Houston fans, as a whole (all sports), would stop searching/looking/expecting/journeying/begging for respect, props and pats on the back. It's so myopic....and, very smalltime.

Now, the New Era begins.
Dubble Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #19
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing is, outside of the Texas area, who really knows us? We are young, not very good (going to be good, but not very good right now), and don't get a lot of air time. But why would we get air time? The teams that are in the bigger games, are teams that are doing good, or have done good in the past and are now living off of notoriety.

Would I like more national media attention, would I like to see us on Sports Center, NFL Live, and NFL Total Access three times a week? Heck ya! However it just isn't our time, but soon it will.

A few days ago Jay Lenno did a joke about us during his monologue. National media attention, it's a start. He stumbled a bit when he said our name, probably thinking, "Houston Texans, who are these guys?" At least he said our name.

In order to get respect you have to earn it. We have not done anything to deserve that respect yet. Beating teams like the Bears and Oakland (last years Oakland, they will be much better this year), and losing to teams like Cleveland, isn't going to get that respect that so many of us want.

We've got to win our two Sunday Night games this year in front of a national audience against respectable teams. Untill then, this respect issue is a Moooo point; it's like a cows opinion, it just doesn't matter.

Last edited by Texans Pride; 07-17-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #20
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

u wont see any 7/9 teams on polls like WHO WILL WIN THE SUPERBOWL. So there were 28 other teams who werent on the poll so we dont stand alone. LOL no respect cause we werent on the poll,,,,,
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read