Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2013   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PAIN: Denver vs. Houston Predictions

When I think of House of Pain, 2013 is not what I was expecting.
Old 12-17-2013   #42
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I've been hesitant to bring this up because it's all done with but did anybody watch ABC 13's Inside the Game show this past Sunday Night? According to Spencer Tillman, who spoke with Archie Manning, he confirmed from his father's own mouth that Peyton Manning did want to sign with the Houston Texans two off-season ago and he would have taken less money to come here instead of Denver.

At any rate, Peyton Manning still feels slighted that the Texans didn't want him and he has something to prove during Sunday's game at Reliant Stadium. I still cringe every time I watch Bob McNair's interview around that time where he said we didn't need Peyton Manning because we already had Matt Schaub.

As if Peyton Manning hasn't dominated us enough since our expansion season in 2002, I guess he feels the inner desire to have one more monster game at the expense of the Houston Texans. Oh what could have been my friends.
I told people on this board during free agency that Peyton reached out to the Texans. This was his number 1 choice and somehow Kubiak convinced Bob Schaub was the better option.

Even worse there were a couple of free agents who wanted to follow Peyton here and would've signed on the cheap if it happened. I've gotten over it, but watching Peyton light it up early in the season like he has pissed me off.

My prediction for the game is a lot for them to a little for us. 45-6
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #43
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

This is Houston. If we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #44
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been hesitant to bring this up because it's all done with but did anybody watch ABC 13's Inside the Game show this past Sunday Night? According to Spencer Tillman, who spoke with Archie Manning, he confirmed from his father's own mouth that Peyton Manning did want to sign with the Houston Texans two off-season ago and he would have taken less money to come here instead of Denver.

At any rate, Peyton Manning still feels slighted that the Texans didn't want him and he has something to prove during Sunday's game at Reliant Stadium. I still cringe every time I watch Bob McNair's interview around that time where he said we didn't need Peyton Manning because we already had Matt Schaub.

As if Peyton Manning hasn't dominated us enough since our expansion season in 2002, I guess he feels the inner desire to have one more monster game at the expense of the Houston Texans. Oh what could have been my friends.

Oh well, I hope Bob learned from that experienced and hires a good coach.
santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #45
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Man, cringe-worthy indeed. How Bud Adams-esque of him.
Old 12-18-2013   #46
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure not gonna predict a Texans' victory, but I am confidant that we score some TDs if Keenum's injury is serious enough to permit Schaub to start in his place. Denver just doesn't have a very good defense.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #47
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If this is true, then shame on the Texans for not kicking the tires, that being said, with the Texans luck with veteran players coming to Houston, I am glad they didn't sign Manning.

Manning didn't even have feeling in his right arm during that process. He comes to Houston, Texans release Schaub, and with THIS O-line, remember they cut Winston and let Breisel go, Manning would have gotten hurt again and the Texans are in the same boat with a inflated contract and damaged goods QB...

Hindsight is always 20/20 and she is a heart breaker and regret maker...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2013   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I told people on this board during free agency that Peyton reached out to the Texans. This was his number 1 choice and somehow Kubiak convinced Bob Schaub was the better option.
I can't imagine a team that went gaga & did back-flips to get Ed Reed wouldn't have rolled out the red carpet for Peyton Manning.

Injury or no. Glover Quin, imo, was a much better safety prospect than Matt Schaub is @ QB.
Old 12-18-2013   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
...with THIS O-line, remember they cut Winston and let Breisel go, Manning would have gotten hurt again and the Texans are in the same boat with a inflated contract and damaged goods QB...
Manning would make Newton look like an all-pro
Old 12-18-2013   #50
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I can't imagine a team that went gaga & did back-flips to get Ed Reed wouldn't have rolled out the red carpet for Peyton Manning.

Injury or no. Glover Quin, imo, was a much better safety prospect than Matt Schaub is @ QB.
Kubiak pulled the wool over Bob's eyes in regards to Manning and Schaub. Don't be fooled when the Texans say they didn't at least entertain it because that's a lie, but they did back off pretty quick on him.
Old 12-18-2013   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Kubiak pulled the wool over Bob's eyes in regards to Manning and Schaub. Don't be fooled when the Texans say they didn't at least entertain it because that's a lie, but they did back off pretty quick on him.
If Kubiak could sell that goat to Bob, he'd still be employed today.
Old 12-18-2013   #52
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If Kubiak could sell that goat to Bob, he'd still be employed today.
When you lose like we did at the end of last year, and then lose 11 games in a row this year the gloss was off of that goat. The Kubiak era ran its course and it was obvious to everyone. He actually did a great job with Schaub, but he topped out and there was no where to go but down from there. The team gambled with Schaub coming off of injury, hit a couple of 7's out the gate, and then rolled snake eyes over and over and over.

Last edited by Texn4life; 12-18-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-18-2013   #53
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict that for a week after the game finishes people will be posting in the game thread that they think the Broncos just scored again....
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Broncos haven’t lost back-to-back games since Weeks 2-3 in 2012. They’ve won four straight games following a loss by an average of 18.3 points per game. With another win, the Broncos will post consecutive 12-win seasons for the second time in team history (three straight from 1996-98).

The Texans have lost a franchise-record 12 straight games after beginning the season with a 2-0 start. The only other team over the last five years to have a losing streak that long was the 2011 Indianapolis Colts, who started 0-13 without Manning.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013   #55
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Even worse there were a couple of free agents who wanted to follow Peyton here and would've signed on the cheap if it happened. I've gotten over it, but watching Peyton light it up early in the season like he has pissed me off.

My prediction for the game is a lot for them to a little for us. 45-6
Peyton M. couldn't have played under Kubiak. Can you imagine a QB under Kubiak barking out changes in formation and plays at the line of scrimmage? Manning's effectiveness is his ability to read defenses and adjust, which Kubes wouldn't have tolerated.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013   #56
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

whatever. LOL.

We'll get our butt's kicked this Sunday. Say bye-bye to Wade and the rest of them. We'll be starting over again next year with whomever.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #57
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

What Kubiak said: Schaub is our man. We don't need Peyton. He might not even ever play again. We would have to lose a bunch of guys because of what we'd have to pay Peyton under the Salary Cap. Plus, Peyton calls audibles constantly and that doesn't work in my offense.

What McNair should have said: You're fired.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #58
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3739 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans can't score points with who must be the worst OC in the NFL calling plays in Rick Dennison. However, I expect Wade's D to at least slow Peyton down a little...27-9, broncos.
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013   #59
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Broncos 37, Texans 0
Looks like I underestimated the Texans today. They scored 13 points!
Old 12-22-2013   #60
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
My prediction? It's going to be bad.
I was right.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read