Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2014   #1
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79430 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Louis Nix

Rick Smith is a "D" student. That is all!
Old 09-24-2014   #2
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 161528 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Louis Nix goes on IR

I wish he was healthy. I think cloak said Nix could be ok injury wise/He wasn't as negative about his long term prognosis.

I love Nix as a player when he's healthy and his body is right, but that's just it...He's got to be healthy and have his body right.

I really liked this draft on it's surface, but so far Clowney has had 2 surgeries since he's been drafted...Xman is struggling in pass pro...Nix IR...Savage??? I guess Fido is holding it down for the meat of the draft.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135916 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Rick Smith is a "D" student. That is all!
Yeah right. I remember full well how many here were just pissing on themselves with joy when they got Louis Nix that low in the draft.

20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #4
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72345 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yeah right. I remember full well how many here were just pissing on themselves with joy when they got Louis Nix that low in the draft.

Agreed. Nix was a calculated risk at a barren spot on the roster that a lot of people were happy about.

Reminded me of why you don't prod the bear.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #5
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 161528 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

To be fair, Texian wasn't one of those people.
Old 09-24-2014   #6
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76696 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

We should have grabbed Khalil Mack and Bridgewater, but it is what it is. Still hoping for the best.
santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 189454 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm no Rick Smith Fan - but round 3 is where you start gambling - Nix is / was definitely a gamble.
Old 09-24-2014   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 394430 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yep. IF this guy gets all healed up and can play again, the pick was worth it. Unless the draft pick is a resounding success, you can't judge them their first year anyway. Even if they are bad, there is still a chance for improvement.

We've all made this mistake before.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #9
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I'm no Rick Smith Fan - but round 3 is where you start gambling - Nix is / was definitely a gamble.
I agree with this...except I'd add "worth taking" to the end.
Old 09-24-2014   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 472020 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...333#post239333
Old 09-24-2014   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 182927 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I still like Nix. Apparently some take longer to translate to the NFL.

Anywho, he gone for the season and now we have Pickett and Powe. Anything to keep Jamison off the nose, for Pete's sake
Old 09-24-2014   #12
QuantumMortis
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 QuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I'd say the bottom half of round three is where you can start to gamble a little. The top of three is very close to two and solid starters can be found there without too much difficulty.
QuantumMortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 355086 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

So this is one of those "Shut it down, get healthy, pretend he's a rookie next year who has a head start on all the real rookies" kind of thing right? I still won't call it a wasted pick yet. If he comes back next year physically ready to go and can take the step up to the NFL it's a great pick even with the injury going in.
Old 09-24-2014   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 400274 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Agreed. If we could get a mod to change the name of this thread to what Texian really wanted to say.......... "Texans' salary cap management strikes again."

I'm sure somehow in his mind, this is more proof of bad cap management than the true reason.... poor talent evaluation, which is just as good a reason to get rid of Rick Smith.
Old 09-24-2014   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

As we know, it usually takes a few yrs to start to truly gauge a draft class/pick...
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #16
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110833 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I wish he was healthy. I think cloak said Nix could be ok injury wise/He wasn't as negative about his long term prognosis.

I love Nix as a player when he's healthy and his body is right, but that's just it...He's got to be healthy and have his body right.

I really liked this draft on it's surface, but so far Clowney has had 2 surgeries since he's been drafted...Xman is struggling in pass pro...Nix IR...Savage??? I guess Fido is holding it down for the meat of the draft.
Blue is looking like the best player out of the draft. Once again, the 6th round is Rick's bread and butter.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 521473 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a big enough issue for a separate thread even if a little self-congratulation was involved.
Old 09-24-2014   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 254423 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This is a big enough issue for a separate thread even if a little self-congratulation was involved.
I think he's got to pick his spots since the Jaguars aren't super bowl bound .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #19
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 45256 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

It could be seen as a roster move as well to clear up a spot.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #20
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79430 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
To be fair, Texian wasn't one of those people.
Thank you Royalty. I said from the get go that the Texans wasted a 4th and 5th rd pick to move up for Nix. I said before the draft that Nix had more games in college with 0 tackles than he had games with at least 1 tackle. View the Nix draft thread for all those who are fans of the "Men of Girth".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read