Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2013   #381
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Kubiak is paid through next year, trust me he ain't hurting this christmas.
That's not the point Nate. It's not about money. It is about having some class and handling your business without trying to humiliate someone who gave you his everything.

This move humiliated Kubiak and damages his chances to get another HC job. Should have let Kubiak finish out the year.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #382
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread*

Man oh man what a joke this franchise is. Did anyone see the players after the game when shaking the Colts hands? They were all smiles and joking around like everything was okay. Okay, everything was because the paycheck isn't going to bounce. Everyone on this team has given up. AJ quit during the game or even before it started with his "I dont give a ****" play on the field". Oh wait, it's the fans fault with AJ. Save me the I'm a troll comments. You can't be happy with what you seen from this team today. If you're not upset then you can't be considered a real fan.
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #383
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

the rockets are the only thing that gives me a little hope with houston sports
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #384
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
That's not the point Nate. It's not about money. It is about having some class and handling your business without trying to humiliate someone who gave you his everything.

This move humiliated Kubiak and damages his chances to get another HC job. Should have let Kubiak finish out the year.
You seriously can not believe this? Kubiak was not the first coach to be fired like this. Boo hoo! Guy refused to change and Im starting o see he was a closet control freak. **** him! Glad he is gone
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #385
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Using a cliche does not make it right. Please explain what about it was just business? How did it help the Texans?
Head start on talking to coaches. Every percentage point helps.

It's not much, but it could be rather important.
Old 12-15-2013   #386
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So in other words you can't explain how it helped the Texans? You think that using cliche's like "Just Business" and "Held Accountable" are anything more than just talk? Dude, Kubiak would have been held accountable at the end of the season. Firing him just before Christmas, with 3 games to go was classless.

How many other coaches this season are on their way to being fired, but will make it through the rest of the season? Are the Texans organization the only ones who knows how to hold the coach "Accountable" or take care of "Business"?

Kubiak was the only one who showed any class. Uncle Bob disappointed me with his actions and you cannot defend them with cliche's.
Lol. Wow.

Kubiak had an 11 game losing streak prior to being fired. He would not have gotten another HC job next year regardless of when he was fired.

Just...wow, dude. You think like a loser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #387
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Holy crap, you actually believe this? Dumping Kubes when we did won't hurt his chances of getting a HC gig anymore than letting him finish the season at 2-14. Trust me, not a whole lot of teams are clamoring for a HC who is a sub .500 head coach after 8 gd years.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-15-2013   #388
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
You seriously can not believe this? Kubiak was not the first coach to be fired like this. Boo hoo! Guy refused to change and Im starting o see he was a closet control freak. **** him! Glad he is gone
Internet tough guys like you make me laugh. Look, this is me laughing ->

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Head start on talking to coaches. Every percentage point helps.

It's not much, but it could be rather important.
Bull****!

Old 12-15-2013   #389
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Lol. Wow.

Kubiak had an 11 game losing streak prior to being fired. He would not have gotten another HC job next year regardless of when he was fired.

Just...wow, dude. You think like a loser.

Yea like spewing insults make your points any more valid. You have so wounded me. Please... mercy, mercy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Holy crap, you actually believe this? Dumping Kubes when we did won't hurt his chances of getting a HC gig anymore than letting him finish the season at 2-14. Trust me, not a whole lot of teams are clamoring for a HC who is a sub .500 head coach after 8 gd years.
Your opinion. I feel like there was no reason to kick a man while he was down. Obviously you and others enjoy that sort of thing and think it makes for good sportsmanship, or business.

Old 12-15-2013   #390
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Wade's face and expressions on the sidelines reminded me of when he was getting ready to get fired when he was in Dallas..

Just say no to Wade..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #391
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea like spewing insults make your points any more valid. You have so wounded me. Please... mercy, mercy!

Your opinion. I feel like there was no reason to kick a man while he was down. Obviously you and others enjoy that sort of thing and think it makes for good sportsmanship, or business.
Lol. That's all you got? Cliche's like "kick a man while he's down" and "good sportsmanship"?

Your only defense of keeping Kubiak is cliche's?

LMFAO.

Go back to class Klay. Or Klint. Or Klein. Or whichever Kubiak son this is.

Old 12-15-2013   #392
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Lol. That's all you got? Cliche's like "kick a man while he's down" and "good sportsmanship"?

Your only defense of keeping Kubiak is cliche's?

LMFAO.

Go back to class Klay. Or Klint. Or Klein. Or whichever Kubiak son this is.

Obviously you are not paying attention. Never said anything about keeping Kubiak. Just showing him the respect he earned to finish out the season. You're just pissed because your Cinderella QB has turned back into a pumpkin, leaving you looking like a fool.

Old 12-15-2013   #393
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What a total load of crap. It was classless, and did nothing to further the Texans future.

Man is it ever the players fault? Are you really saying that there is no room to blame inflated egos and poor effort on the players? Give me a break.
These are Rick/Gary's handpicked players.

If they aren't good enough then the problem is with the guys picking the players. Ditto the players quitting, which is what is happening here.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #394
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Tomorrow is my birthday so I got to pick up my daughter today even though it's not my weekend and we went and had some breakfast and watched that movie Frozen in theaters. Just got home and saw the score....lol...wow.

I definitely made the right choice with my time today.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #395
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Obviously you are not paying attention. Never said anything about keeping Kubiak. Just showing him the respect he earned to finish out the season. You're just pissed because your Cinderella QB has turned back into a pumpkin, leaving you looking like a fool.
Lmao!

"Respect he earned" = cliche.

Also, I don't have a QB. Never thought Case was the definitive answer. I do think we should have played him to see what he was about; now we know. His implosion doesn't bother me one bit.

Gary inherited 2-14, and is likely leaving a 2-14 team behind. That's his legacy.

Old 12-15-2013   #396
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So in other words you can't explain how it helped the Texans? You think that using cliche's like "Just Business" and "Held Accountable" are anything more than just talk? Dude, Kubiak would have been held accountable at the end of the season. Firing him just before Christmas, with 3 games to go was classless.

How many other coaches this season are on their way to being fired, but will make it through the rest of the season? Are the Texans organization the only ones who knows how to hold the coach "Accountable" or take care of "Business"?

Kubiak was the only one who showed any class. Uncle Bob disappointed me with his actions and you cannot defend them with cliche's.
It gives them a good start on finding a HC. Kubiak was gone anyways, right? Might as well get a head start for the search before other teams. Kubiak isn't family. He's an employee who's performance declined pretty hard. It starts at the top.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #397
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
These are Rick/Gary's handpicked players.

If they aren't good enough then the problem is with the guys picking the players. Ditto the players quitting, which is what is happening here.
No argument there. It was time for Gary to go, but canning him before seasons end was classless, and pointless. That is all I am saying.

Old 12-15-2013   #398
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Tomorrow is my birthday so I got to pick up my daughter today even though it's not my weekend and we went and had some breakfast and watched that movie Frozen in theaters. Just got home and saw the score....lol...wow.

I definitely made the right choice with my time today.
If I may, find something just as joyful next weekend. Watching this train wreck isn't worth it. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #399
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 11584 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't get to watch the game, but saw the score.

It seems like it is the opinion of most that the whole staff needs to go. I can definitely agree with that. However, the disturbing thing that I'm reading is that the players are quitting. Does this mean many of the players have to go also, or is it simply a matter of getting new coaches in?
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013   #400
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Probablt this is what happened

BoB told Gary to play Case and see what they have or dont have in Keenum after the 1st Jags game. Gary hardheaded like he is played Schaub anyway in Jacksonville.

Moral of the story is, dont follow your bosses instructions and you get fired. So Gary kinda asked to be fired. If I was BoB I would've fired Gary regardless if fans like you thought it was classy or not.

Continue on looking at the world thru your maroon colored glasses.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read