Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-23-2014   #41
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rob Rang 2014 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Yes he looks average to me. He is a very solid run blocker when he's not lunging forward reaching with his arms. He's an average pass blocker. He moves okay but not great.

I don't see a first round LT in those videos. Anthony Steen actually looks like the better player in those two games. When I watch Kouandjio I see a solid RT. I have a 2nd round grade on him.

Personally, I would pass because of the knee, but I'm also jaded because of our history with injuries on the o line. I can see why someone would want him though.
I agree he had spells where he looked average. There was a series in the Oklahoma game where he was abused by Striker and he gave up a sack at the end of the game. Still, other than that he was very good in all the tape I've watched. I admit haven't watched them all, I try and focus on the games against top competition.

I still believe he is a first round talent and if the knee checks out we would be crazy to pass on him at 33 unless there is a situation where we can get a QB. I see him as a day one starter at RT and a D Brown replacement in a few years.
Old 04-23-2014   #42
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default CBSSports 2014 draft

2014 NFL Draft: Pat Kirwan
Quote:
Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron is considered as a mid- to late-round pick, but after watching the Virginia Tech and Tennessee games I see he has skills that relate to the NFL game. McCarron is better than a game manager, as he is often described...
Quote:
Virginia left tackle Morgan Moses: I watched Moses in the BYU and Clemson games and at the Senior Bowl. He may not be a first-round selection but I would be surprised if he...
Quote:
Washington tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins: Everyone talks about Eric Ebron and Jace Amaro when tight ends are the draft subject, but lurking in the third spot and a solid second-round player is Seferian-Jenkins. He was an impressive interview...
Quote:
The draft process to drawing to a close and there are a number of players I call "safe" -- what you see is what you get and these guys are the whole package. They have talent, technique, work ethic and look like guys who understand how to handle themselves as pros. I have interviewed well over 100 of the top picks and watched all of them on tape. Here are my top 10 safe picks and there are no quarterbacks in the group:

Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo
Zack Martin OT, Notre Dame
Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
Chris Borland, LB, Wisconsin
Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
Tre Mason, RB, Auburn
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read