Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-01-2014   #1421
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That quote says that we had no real leaders in the locker room to demand that type of effort/discipline/toughness during last season. Perpetual winners have that discipline and drive to excel from within themselves.

And since O'Brien hasn't really brought in anyone of note...
Sounds more to me the prior staff didn't hold the team to the highest standard. Leadership starts at the top, and player-friendly decisions might not be in the best interest of the team.

One thing you read over & again from new players on SEA & NE is comments on how hard they practice....
Quote:
“They work their butts off in New England,’’ Revis told the Tampa Tribune. “As soon as you get into the offseason program, it’s non-stop."
Old 07-01-2014   #1422
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

JD on OB...
Quote:
He's very different than any coach I've ever had...

He's the first coach to ever challenge me to be greater than what I already am. All the other coaches that coached me knew I was good as a player, but they just let me do my own thing. He challenged me to be greater than what I am. I love it, man.

He pushes me every day... to take a leadership role. Something I really haven't did coming up.... just do everything the right way. I couldn't ask for a better coach. I like it. He's hard, he's tough, but he's a good coach.
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...b-2a7858bcaf9b
Old 07-01-2014   #1423
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That quote says that we had no real leaders in the locker room to demand that type of effort/discipline/toughness during last season. Perpetual winners have that discipline and drive to excel from within themselves.

And since O'Brien hasn't really brought in anyone of note (and that's stretching it) but Fitzpatrick....

Yep. I saw all I needed to see when this team's coach had a stroke, and instead of rallying back for the coach they claimed to loved, they blew it. That Indy game told me all I needed to know about the 2013 Texans.
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014   #1424
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
JJ Watt also said in an interview, I don't remember which one, but I know I heard it on 610....that he had taken "more of a leadership" role this year. He said he really didn't last year, he was more just focusing on him. We aren't there every day, so it's not "easy" to see a culture change, but if people aren't seeing some hints, they aren't looking!
Old 07-16-2014   #1425
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Foster said Bill O’Brien has a saying that contains an explicative, but basically states, “Everything we do is pointed toward winning”.
http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...ty-has-changed
Old 07-16-2014   #1426
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hate this guy for all his "team first, winning is everything" mentality. Kubes come back please

^^^^
That was a joke so i do not get crucified by the TT cult
Old 07-16-2014   #1427
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

So is Foster saying everything about the Kubiak regime wasn't about winning and if so what other agendas were there?

I think Foster is just spouting off more crap. When it's late in the 4th qtr of a close game if the Texans can stay disciplined and win the game then these statements will be more than words. A situation the Texans failed at many times last yr.

Foster also said he understood why AJ wanted to leave. (To be on a winner) So Arian are you saying the Texans are going to be losers next yr? Which is it Arian? More of Foster's pseudo intellectual BS. IMHO

Shut up and prove it on the field.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2014   #1428
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
So is Foster saying everything about the Kubiak regime wasn't about winning and if so what other agendas were there?

I think Foster is just spouting off more crap. When it's late in the 4th qtr of a close game if the Texans can stay disciplined and win the game then these statements will be more than words. A situation the Texans failed at many times last yr.

Foster also said he understood why AJ wanted to leave. (To be on a winner) So Arian are you saying the Texans are going to be losers next yr? Which is it Arian? More of Foster's pseudo intellectual BS. IMHO

That whimsical pr!k! Dust 'im now!

steelb, I think he was just speaking his mind. I didn't have a problem with what he said really. I didn't find it contradictory nor inflammatory.

You did? If so, why?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014   #1429
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Quote:
Foster, who has played his entire career with the Texans, claimed he’s been in bad NFL locker rooms in the past. But also said he believes the new coaching staff has brought new life to the Texans. Foster said Bill O’Brien has a saying that contains an explicative, but basically states, “Everything we do is pointed toward winning”.

Hmmmm......wonder when that was?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014   #1430
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Maybe he means other stadiums. Like they were dirty .... or had meat -zing
Old 07-17-2014   #1431
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

One agenda was doing all he could to make his draft picks look good when they obviously weren't, we also have the Kubiak and Schaub love fest. I think his biggest agenda was trying to piss us Texans fans off, and he was quite good at it
Old 07-17-2014   #1432
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
That whimsical pr!k! Dust 'im now!

steelb, I think he was just speaking his mind. I didn't have a problem with what he said really. I didn't find it contradictory nor inflammatory.

You did? If so, why?
I think that saying BOB is bringing a new winning attitude in one breath and saying AJ wants to play on a winner in the next breath is being quite contradictory.

If he was just speaking his mind what was he saying? He went on to speak about the Texans having a bad lockerroom and I would think being a clubhouse lawyer that Foster obviously is could be a big part of these problems.

Besides I thought one of Kubiaks strengths was having a great lockerroom. I guess Foster disagrees with that sentiment. Or Foster could just be full of it.
Old 07-17-2014   #1433
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think that saying BOB is bringing a new winning attitude in one breath and saying AJ wants to play on a winner in the next breath is being quite contradictory.

If he was just speaking his mind what was he saying? He went on to speak about the Texans having a bad lockerroom and I would think being a clubhouse lawyer that Foster obviously is could be a big part of these problems.

Besides I thought one of Kubiaks strengths was having a great lockerroom. I guess Foster disagrees with that sentiment. Or Foster could just be full of it.
I would think that a locker room with Ed Reed critiquing the coaches is kinda bad.
How about after the game in which Schaub lashed out at AJ?

How about 2010, when the D kept inventing new way to blow a game?

For sure, the Vols locker room wasn't conducive to winning at the time.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014   #1434
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AJ has experienced three winning seasons in 11 years. He sees the Texans in rebuild mode right now, and understanding McNair's cat-like patience, he knows this could be a 4-5 year plan. AJ does not have that kind of time left in his career.

Foster is just keeping a positive attitude about his new coach. He's not living in the past, but looking ahead simply because what else can he do? He hopes O'Brien is bringing a "winning attitude" to the Texans, but we all know that the proof is in the pudding. They have to actually win games for it to truly be a "winning attitude".

I do not see how these things are incompatible. You've also got to factor in individual players will have different perspectives. AJ wants to win NOW, like in 2014. O'Brien has a much longer time frame because of the obvious rebuild. A 7-9 season is an improvement over last year, but it is certainly far from what AJ most likely wants in his last years of his career.
Old 07-17-2014   #1435
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

That's how I feel about all this "new culture" "bringing toughness" "being more physical" talk is. The whole thing has seemed overly cliche to me since OB got here.

I love the Texans, will root for them every day, continue to buy my season tickets, etc... etc...

But so far, I think they're all talking too much.
Old 07-17-2014   #1436
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's how I feel about all this "new culture" "bringing toughness" "being more physical" talk is. The whole thing has seemed overly cliche to me since OB got here.

I love the Texans, will root for them every day, continue to buy my season tickets, etc... etc...

But so far, I think they're all talking too much.
The simple fact is that it's all just talk until 12:00 p.m. on September 7th.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014   #1437
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
The simple fact is that it's all just talk until 12:00 p.m. on September 7th.
And then it is kick ass time !
Old 07-17-2014   #1438
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What do you think?
Do you believe the Texans will have a winning record in the 2014 season?
yes or no?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014   #1439
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What do you think?
yes or no?
I wouldn't put $$$$ on it

But YES I do think the Texans can have a winning record if the get everbody back healthy and playing at 100% and avoid the injury bug.
Old 07-17-2014   #1440
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What do you think?
yes or no?
Yes. And we win the division.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read