Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-23-2014   #1181
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I'm also curious as to whether a new ST coordinator will be brought in, or if they'll just turn that over to Ligashesky in 2014.

At this point I'm more interested in that and the status of the QB coach (As in - are they going to have one?) than I am the OC position.
Ligashesky is gone isn't he? I thought the only person we kept was Kolar.

I heard Vance Joseph is the new assistant DC in Cincinnati

& we've hired the Patriots TE coach to be our QB coach & their LB coach for a position to be determined.
Old 01-23-2014   #1182
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

George Godsey new QB coach, another George O'Leary and Ga Tech/UCF connection
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1183
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Source?

I just read he's the TE coach, that's what he did in NE.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1184
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 126281 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Source?

Source? Where did you read that?
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1185
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Ligashesky is gone isn't he? I thought the only person we kept was Kollar.
Lig still up in the air. I hope he's gone, but he does have that enthusiasm OB likes. I'm guessing OB doesn't really know him/is checking up on him.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1186
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Source?

McClain and Ganguli both reported that He'll be the QB coach.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014   #1187
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
The multiple connections to O'Leary and coincidentally Bortles kinda worry me. I'm personally a big Bridgewater fan at 1:1 but I'll trust O'Brien on who he thinks is best for his team. He knows a little more than me will be fun to watch how the draft develops

I'm liking the staff O'Brien is putting together. Seems very legit
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2014   #1188
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Source?

Well, in addition to the tweets:

Quote:
To lead a position whose development will be critical to Bill O'Brien's success, the new Houston Texans head coach has chosen a man who once played for him.

Former New England Patriots tight ends coach George Godsey will be the Texans new quarterbacks coach.
link
Old 01-23-2014   #1189
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Source? Where did you read that?
I read it right here on the internet. It's gotta be true. Bonjour.

Old 01-23-2014   #1190
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

No one knows developing QBs like a TE coach.
Old 01-23-2014   #1191
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
McClain and Ganguli both reported that He'll be the QB coach.
Thanks. I missed that somehow.

Quote:
Well, in addition to the tweets:

link
Thanks CT. I don't twit so I missed those as well as the reports from TG & Pancakes.

Old 01-23-2014   #1192
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
He played QB at GT under O'Leary and he coached QBs at UCF 2008-2008. He coached RBs 2009-10 before the Pats got him in 2011

He came from a football family. His father played at Bama under Bear Bryant. Both his brothers played college ball. One for Air Force and the other for ND
Old 01-23-2014   #1193
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
It's not that unusual for a receivers (TE/WR) coach to move to QB coach. Throw in the fact that Godsey did coach QB's at Central Florida, and he played QB at Ga. Tech (Under O'Brien as OC part of the time), and I'm absolutely fine with this move.
Old 01-23-2014   #1194
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
I'm also curious as to whether a new ST coordinator will be brought in, or if they'll just turn that over to Ligashesky in 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Ligashesky is gone isn't he? I thought the only person we kept was Kolar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Lig still up in the air. I hope he's gone, but he does have that enthusiasm OB likes. I'm guessing OB doesn't really know him/is checking up on him.
Nothing definitive or official, but it's not looking good for those of us hoping for a clean slate for ST's.
Quote:
Reports are flying that interim special teams coordinator Bob Ligashesky will retain his position as Joe Marciano's successor and the Texans' special teams coordinator.

With reports that Bob Ligashesky is with Bill O'Brien in Mobile for the Senior Bowl, it would appear that Ligashesky will be retained as special teams coordinator for your Houston Texans. If true, Ligashesky would join Bill Kollar as the only holdovers from Gary Kubiak's staff.
link
Old 01-23-2014   #1195
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nothing definitive or official, but it's not looking good for those of us hoping for a clean slate for ST's.

link
Interesting. Well, hopefully O'Brien does not have the same infinite patience for mediocre results. If Ligashesky's special teams proves his worth, so be it. But otherwise, see ya'!
Old 01-25-2014   #1196
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Moved to here: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...44#post2290844

as it seems the more appropriate location.

Last edited by Playoffs; 01-25-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2014   #1197
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Pepper Johnson was recently released by the Pats, supposedly due to significant philosophical differences with Belichick.........wonder if he is brought in by O'Brien.

Certainly, a class act all the way, ever since his glory playing days. : Assistant coach Pepper Johnson parts ways with Patriots
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #1198
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Pepper Johnson was recently released by the Pats, supposedly due to significant philosophical differences with Belichick.........wonder if he is brought in by O'Brien.

Certainly, a class act all the way, ever since his glory playing days. : Assistant coach Pepper Johnson parts ways with Patriots
I was under the impression that Pepper Johnson left of his own volition and that it's probably so he can be re-united with RAC. Pepper was apparently a little upset that he was passed over for the DC position in favor of Patricia.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014   #1199
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not that unusual for a receivers (TE/WR) coach to move to QB coach. Throw in the fact that Godsey did coach QB's at Central Florida, and he played QB at Ga. Tech (Under O'Brien as OC part of the time), and I'm absolutely fine with this move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
He played QB at GT under O'Leary and he coached QBs at UCF 2008-2008. He coached RBs 2009-10 before the Pats got him in 2011

He came from a football family. His father played at Bama under Bear Bryant. Both his brothers played college ball. One for Air Force and the other for ND
You guys and your facts....
Old 01-27-2014   #1200
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
"You guys are in good hands down there in Houston." That's what New England Patriots Pro Bowler Mathew Slater told us about Bill O'Brien.
"He was my first position coach." said Slater. "He taught me so much about being a pro. He really pushed to get a lot out of me." That's high praise from a man who was drafted in the fifth round as a wide receiver and has made his mark as a special teamer, making three Pro Bowls.

Logan Mankins, a New England guard and five time Pro Bowler, concurs. "He has a lot of passion and knowledge for the game. He's a great guy to be around and to play for." he said.

"People in Houston, they should be excited. He's a tremendous coach."

As far as the comparisons to Bill Belichick, Slater offered this: "There are similarities but he's his own man." Mankins added "He's been around a bunch of good coaches. He didn't just learn from one guy."
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...0-1608d18bf6f2

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read