Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2013   #621
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

cool now lets go full blown rebuild mode

I don't see a franchise QB so trade down or take a freak DEF player

Fire RICK

Purge all our so called name player stock pile picks

and get the Cap in a better situation its ever been in
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #622
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Not trying to be Debbie Downer but I read he is this great QB coach from the Patriots, so is HE the reason Tom Brady is Tom Brady? I mean how much can you coach an already Hall of Fame QB?
There was definitely a time in there when Brady changed from "game manager" to "bad mofo with the football"

I don't know if O'Brien was responsible for that, or if he was there during that transition. Just saying Brady is a much better QB now than he was even after his first couple of Super Bowls (even though he hasn't won a Super Bowl in the "GOAT" era of his career).
Old 12-31-2013   #623
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Rep points all around!!

I'm buying!
Old 12-31-2013   #624
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

After days and hours of waiting for the good news.. it's finally here, Keep looking Lions.. Mcnair got his man!! I wonder what type of defense he will run though

3-4, 4-3, or something else????
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #625
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Two things that I keep hearing about O'Brien that really have me stoked: He's a teacher and he's a motivator. These are two qualities that you see in all the great coaches.

Remember the wisdom of the greatest:

"Coaches who can outline plays on a blackboard are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their players and motivate."
~ Vince Lombardi

McNair will hire the best Xs & Os guys that are willing to come here. What we need is a leader, not coordinators like Kubiak and Capers.
Old 12-31-2013   #626
CharloTex
All Pro

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 23819 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Not trying to be Debbie Downer but I read he is this great QB coach from the Patriots, so is HE the reason Tom Brady is Tom Brady? I mean how much can you coach an already Hall of Fame QB?
Ok, right. Since Tom Brady is Tom Brady, O'Brien couldn't possibly be a "great" coach. Look, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you!
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #627
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33V0hSri6BM

O'brien and Brady

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2013   #628
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 384747 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharloTex View Post
Ok, right. Since Tom Brady is Tom Brady, O'Brien couldn't possibly be a "great" coach. Look, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you!
Well played, sir!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #629
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

2 stooges win again!

I like that Rick and Bob identified early that a move needed to be made.

Identified their man. Fired Kubiak and got after their guy weeks before anyone else could.

But oh yeah, we will never win the Super Bowl with Smith as GM and Bob as owner.

This is the most excited I've been in months about football!

Go Texans!!!
Old 12-31-2013   #630
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

We may not have gotten The Chin, but we did get The Buttchin.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #631
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post

He looks like Anton chigur.

Sugar???

I'm excited and ready to turn the page. Lets right the ship.
Old 01-01-2014   #632
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
If the Texans do land him, we could call him "The Butt-chin"

Damn, I really hope something doesn't happen to where he goes elsewhere. Send the jet, and hookers Bob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post

The Butt-Chin!

I'm really glad they got this done. I cant wait to see what he can do with this team. It will be nice to see our coach actually look like they give a damn instead of just staring off into space.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #633
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
The Butt-Chin!

I'm really glad they got this done. I cant wait to see what he can do with this team. It will be nice to see our coach actually look like they give a damn instead of just staring off into space.
Dom, Gary or wade? U gotz 2 b mo specific.
Old 01-01-2014   #634
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Dom, Gary or wade? U gotz 2 b mo specific.
All three, Kubiak, and Wade got infected with:

Lets hope they sterilize the coach's office before O'Brien moves in.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #635
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I see him blowing up on Foster like did Brady that one game
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #636
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't O'Brien ran 4-3 D at Penn State? Would he still keep our D 3-4? I guess it all depends on who we have for DC and his scheme.

Last edited by SAMURAITEXAN; 01-01-2014 at 04:42 AM.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #637
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 50924 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Right, Said Fred....

Wait for it......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YUXIKrOFk

It was a statement of humor. However the there may be some actual truth in the comment, "It might have more to do with the Three Stooges taking up residence at Kirby Dr & Reliant Parkway." Based on the performance of the last 12 years, great football minds, it's not. May be why you didn't think it funny. Either that or just no sense of humor.
Nah, I have a great sense of humor. Just read some of the negative rep I get if you don't believe me!

The reason I didn't think it was funny was: it wasn't funny. Kind of like the Three Stooges - sometimes stupid is funny, but just because something is stupid doesn't make it funny.

But on a serious note you seem to be one of the posters who hates and despises EVERYTHING about the Texans. The owner is a fool who will only hire complete imbeciles. Every draft pick is crummy, every contract is bad. If the Texans have the first pick in the draft, then Bridgewater sucks. I bet if they had the 8th pick then you would be saying they are idiots for not trading up to get him. No matter who the Texans hire as coach or draft at QB it will always be the absolute WORST EVER because - the Texans did it and you despise them with every fiber of your being.

So why are you here? Pick a team with an owner you respect (I know tough for you now that Bud is dead (<-- that was that humor thing you are trying for)). Or if none can be passably good for you then ignore football. Take up golf. Or chase strippers. Whatever, stop making yourself so miserable!
Old 01-01-2014   #638
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

This hire is so different from Texans norm it has me pumped.

Bad baseball analogy incoming. Sorry. Capers & Kubiak were singles hitters. Capers hit around .240 and Kubiak more like .280. Both could get hot and go on a hit streak (win some games) but they needed help to drive runs in (advance in the playoffs). O'Brien is a homerun hitter. He's either going to hit one out of the park or strike out.

Thanks Mr McNair for taking the risk. Let's hope we see some homers.
Old 01-01-2014   #639
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Didn't O'Brien ran 4-3 D at Ohio State? Would he still keep our D 3-4? I guess it all depends on who we have for DC and his scheme.
my guess it will be some form of hybrid defence.
From what i have seen and read he runs a very adaptable offence and defence, depending on who we are playing and situation.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014   #640
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
This hire is so different from Texans norm it has me pumped.

Bad baseball analogy incoming. Sorry. Capers & Kubiak were singles hitters. Capers hit around .240 and Kubiak more like .280. Both could get hot and go on a hit streak (win some games) but they needed help to drive runs in (advance in the playoffs). O'Brien is a homerun hitter. He's either going to hit one out of the park or strike out.

Thanks Mr McNair for taking the risk. Let's hope we see some homers.
What? I always pictured Capers as more of a .200 hitter and I don't recall him ever going on a hit streak...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read