Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2013   #1
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans security guards fired for taking photo with Tom Brady

What say you?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...with-tom-brady

Quote:
Two security guards working Sunday's Patriots-Texans game at Reliant Stadium say they were fired after taking a picture with quarterback Tom Brady following New England's 34-31 victory.

“When you are at your post and you're doing your job, you're not supposed to take pictures with anybody because your job is to secure that area,” Joel Williams told KHOU.com on Monday.

“I said, ‘Hey Tom Brady, good job, good game man.' He looked at me and smiled,” Williams said. “He was very polite, very nice guy, humble. Sometimes I see players and say hello, and they just keep walking.”

Brady and Williams took a photo together and that's when things took a turn for the worst.

“Immediately after I took the picture, I got ran down by a supervisor,” Williams said. “They didn't' really give a reason, they said you know you're wrong and you're fired."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans security guards fired for taking photo with Tom Brady

Wow, I don't see the big deal, but obviously security guard supervisor does.
Old 12-03-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

They were employees of Contemporary Services Corporation, not the Texans.

Quote:
“It is strictly against CSC policy for its employees to request photos or autographs from players,” CSC told KHOU 11 in a statement. “CSC stands by its decision to terminate the two employees who violated this policy.”
They knew the policy, rolled the dice, and will now probably sue CSC. Good luck to them.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #4
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

They knew the policy, rolled the dice, and will now probably sue CSC. Good luck to them.
Does the policy apply when you're off-the-clock? That'll be a big question either at their unemployment hearing, or for McNair to consider. (If he calls CSC, they'd capitulate)
Old 12-03-2013   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I understand that, but dude claims he was off duty.

Quote:
For his part, Williams says he didn't break any rules because he had finished his shift.
Old 12-03-2013   #6
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Did they post the pics online? Why? If so, then that was dumb.
Old 12-03-2013   #7
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe the supervisors thought they were trading spy photos!
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I understand that, but dude claims he was off duty.
Title says "Texans", just clarifying.

How did they get access to Brady? If they were in a secured area they used their position to get star-shots. If they ran into Tom on the streets, no biggie. I'm sure some smart lawyer will take a third of their action.
Old 12-03-2013   #9
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Does the policy apply when you're off-the-clock? That'll be a big question either at their unemployment hearing, or for McNair to consider. (If he calls CSC, they'd capitulate)
My employee handbook says that if I am still in uniform, even when off duty, I am representing.
Old 12-03-2013   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Title says "Texans", just clarifying.

How did they get access to Brady? If they were in a secured area they used their position to get star-shots. If they ran into Tom on the streets, no biggie. I'm sure some smart lawyer will take a third of their action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
My employee handbook says that if I am still in uniform, even when off duty, I am representing.
ahhh, both good points. I don't have a dog in this hunt, so hope his picture with Brady was worth it.
Old 12-03-2013   #11
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Was Schaub working the camera?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #12
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

You are held accountable as long as you aren't a player, coach, or gm.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Did they post the pics online? Why? If so, then that was dumb.
According to the article, they were fired on the spot. The pictures became public after the fact.

Guy in the picture said his shift was over.

Who knows...

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 12-03-2013   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Guy in the picture said his shift was over...
Forgot to take his name tag off?
Old 12-03-2013   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Forgot to take his name tag off?
I wear my lanyard at lunch and in the car. Doesn't mean I'm at work or on shift.

Quote:
Old 12-03-2013   #16
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
True, but that's historically been non-enforceable when there is no foreseeable harm in the employee action.

Good guidelines from a law firm at the Link

I'm fully with CSC (and their policies) during the paid shift hours. I'm also cognizant of the fact that due to their positions, these officers had access unavailable to the general public. That said, it's not their fault that they don't sign out from their shift in an unsecured area.
Old 12-03-2013   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Another sad story in the 2013 season .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
True, but that's historically been non-enforceable when there is no foreseeable harm in the employee action.

Good guidelines from a law firm at the Link

I'm fully with CSC (and their policies) during the paid shift hours. I'm also cognizant of the fact that due to their positions, these officers had access unavailable to the general public. That said, it's not their fault that they don't sign out from their shift in an unsecured area.
True, but i worked for the astros in their retail store for a little bit & we got the same speech. If players came into the store, no taking pics or asking for autographs & crap like that....mostly it was about bothering the players & or causing a scene with other fans...but it was also for authentication purposes and things of that nature.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
That guy needs smaller shoulders.
Old 12-03-2013   #20
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
another disgusting act by this texan front office.

I bet you anything if the texans won this game and they did the same thing, they would not have been fired. They were made a scapegoat just like the 3 guys who were smoking in the bathroom.

Total overreaction by the front office instituting once again, draconian zero tolerance policies.

Taking out your frustrations for your sorry season on security guards after taking it out on young players is a sad and pathetic act by this team.
Did you read anything in this thread at all before you posted? This wasn't anything to do with the Texans FO other than they had input in what company they hired.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read