Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2013   #701
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

I agree that Lovie is a smokescreen to get the interview with a black HC out of the way. That doesn't mean they wont hire him if their other choices don't pan out though. He is an improvement over Kubiak, just not a really big improvement.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013   #702
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
It's 2013 about to be 14 somebody has to be black to cover the whole issue. How often do you see the gm? Head coach and quarterback are the main faces. I do think they would draft a black qb though. Coach meh...
You need to chill. We're lucky they're not blaming the whole 2-13 thing on us.

Old 12-28-2013   #703
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull View Post
We will just have to agree to disagree. The Wiz is a below .500 coach and any interview with him is purely a smokescreen.

Sent from the future...
I think O'Brien already has the job so the 2nd choice may be irrelevant. The fact they are willing to pay 7 million to get him from Penn State further lets me know how much they think of Lovie. I like O'Brien though. His way can lead a team to the super bowl. I believe that.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013   #704
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You need to chill. We're lucky they're not blaming the whole 2-13 thing on us.

Yeah things could be worse. I just hope they kill and bury the good ol boy philosophy they've carried over from the oilers and finally do what it takes to win a superbowl. That means putting personal unjust ways to the side and hiring and firing whoever it takes to get the job done.
Old 12-28-2013   #705
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's 2013 about to be 14 somebody has to be black to cover the whole issue. How often do you see the gm? Head coach and quarterback are the main faces. I do think they would draft a black qb though. Coach meh...
A GM is an executive who sits in the owners box most games . You saying the GM is a token is up there for show ?
Old 12-28-2013   #706
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
A GM is an executive who sits in the owners box most games . You saying the GM is a token is up there for show ?
That's exactly what I'm saying about Rick Smith in the Texans organization. Not every GM in the nfl.
Old 12-29-2013   #707
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm saying about Rick Smith in the Texans organization. Not every GM in the nfl.
wow! I guess there always has to be somebody
Old 12-29-2013   #708
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The chances of the Texans hiring a black coach are like the chances of Kevin Hart playing for the Houston Rockets.
Funny how Bob kept the GM, but cut ties with the coach.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Thanks for saying it though.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #709
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Funny how Bob kept the GM, but cut ties with the coach.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Thanks for saying it though.
Bill O'Brien will be the next head coach bet you I know that. Rick Smith will continue to be a puppet doing what he's told... go fetch Ed Reed... oh ok now you need to cut Ed Reed...
Old 12-29-2013   #710
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Yeah things could be worse. I just hope they kill and bury the good ol boy philosophy they've carried over from the oilers and finally do what it takes to win a superbowl. That means putting personal unjust ways to the side and hiring and firing whoever it takes to get the job done.
Just remember, the "good ol boys" aren't limited to just one race.
Old 12-29-2013   #711
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

lol the race card...

cstyle42 is probably Arthur in Spring. (if you listen to 790, you know)
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #712
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Just remember, the "good ol boys" aren't limited to just one race.
The one man on top usually is but the organization or group never is I understand it's 2013 you at least have to appear to be a certain way professional wise but if your running your organization that way it's dumb and you will never win. Ironically The city of Houston has never been to the superbowl and ironically Tennessee got there with Steve McNair as qb just as they left this city.
Old 12-29-2013   #713
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
lol the race card...

cstyle42 is probably Arthur in Spring. (if you listen to 790, you know)
Nope. Just a guy that addresses the real issues of this organization. I do see Bob was ticked off about how Kubiak made the team appear to be more about loyalty to certain players which made Bob himself look like he was doing the same to Kubiak. Then Bob finally fires him and says we are not about loyalty and we do hold everyone accountable. Sounds like change but it's been this way since the 70's in HOUSTON. I'm no young buck speaking from emotion. Right now with situation of hiring a new coach and getting a new QB there is opportunity for change. I don't care if the coach or QB is black or white just get one that has balls to speak up, make smart/creative decisions and play with some authority. You do that and we will all be happy with results. Saying all that my opinion is they won't hire a black coach. Lovie Smith is too much of a puppet to me and you already have Rick Smith playing that role under McNair.
Old 12-29-2013   #714
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 41193 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol Whisenhunt will be next if not Wade Phillips. Lovie is just a smokescreen.
I do not believe that and you don't KNOW that. Though it's obvious you believe that.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #715
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This thing about using the "good-ole boy" system is not always even perceptible to the person responsible. Whether it's choosing the same gender, race, or just somebody you have more in common with (you're both hicks, or both city-slickers), people in control do it without even knowing they do it sometimes. You have to choose who you think is the best candidate, and doing so without any kind of prejudice whatsoever can take a lot of self-knowing. It's really easy to be most impressed with someone who thinks just like you do, most likely (whether you realize it or not) because they are the same race, gender, age, upbringing, religion (more or less), etc.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #716
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
This thing about using the "good-ole boy" system is not always even perceptible to the person responsible. Whether it's choosing the same gender, race, or just somebody you have more in common with (you're both hicks, or both city-slickers), people in control do it without even knowing they do it sometimes. You have to choose who you think is the best candidate, and doing so without any kind of prejudice whatsoever can take a lot of self-knowing. It's really easy to be most impressed with someone who thinks just like you do, most likely (whether you realize it or not) because they are the same race, gender, age, upbringing, religion (more or less), etc.

*you could drop this darn every thread in the FFA also.
Old 12-29-2013   #717
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have always thought you were right.

I have seen Rick do nothing to earn the right to keep his job.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #718
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
I have always thought you were right.

I have seen Rick do nothing to earn the right to keep his job.
It's really embarrassing. I wish they would just fire him. I want the Texans to win like every fan does. However I hope we get the first pick and don't screw that up. We need a GM that's going to do the job and not just take orders and smile.
Old 12-29-2013   #719
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Another thread hi jacked by idiots spewing garbage about Rick Smith. You kids need to put your controllers down and step away from Madden. You have no idea how nfl organizations work and how to work a salary cap. Rick Smith is easily a top 10 GM in this league and the fact you mopes don't comprehend that is mind blowing.
Old 12-29-2013   #720
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Another thread hi jacked by idiots spewing garbage about Rick Smith. You kids need to put your controllers down and step away from Madden. You have no idea how nfl organizations work and how to work a salary cap. Rick Smith is easily a top 10 GM in this league and the fact you mopes don't comprehend that is mind blowing.
And that's because we are screwed cap wise and wasted all of our 3rd round picks last year ... or why? Make one single argument for Rick ... I dare you. There is none and people who hang on to him are just like all the fools that used to bash me for telling it like it was with Matt. Rick is a token, always has been.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read