Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2013   #421
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307012 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thank god, Texans not interested in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Me too. The whole Washington debacle he's created has all but ruined his chances as a HC any time soon...
Part of that blame goes to the one consistent, owner Daniel Snyder. That guy has the Midas Touch -- everything (sports) he touches turns to isht...
Quote:
Shanahan was upset that Snyder valued quarterback Robert Griffin III over all the other players on the team. Shanahan blamed Snyder for creating an atmosphere that he did not believe was conducive to winning. Shanahan reportedly told people close to him that Snyder's favorable treatment of Griffin was a "complete farce."

According to the report, Shanahan was content to leave the Redskins after winning the NFC East title but changed his mind after the team lost to Seattle in the playoffs and Griffin sustained a serious knee injury in the game...
But yeah, I have no interest in Skeletor or Baby Shanny. Same song, different verse.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #422
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Let's assume the Texans hire Lovie and we switch back to a 4-3.

Where does Watt go? Does he play LDE or is he the 3-tech DT?
Old 12-09-2013   #423
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Let's assume the Texans hire Lovie and we switch back to a 4-3.

Where does Watt go? Does he play LDE or is he the 3-tech DT?
DE, but they would move him around.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #424
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the WCO can still be successful, I just don't like Shanahan as a head coach.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #425
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Me too. The whole Washington debacle he's created has all but ruined his chances as a HC any time soon.

Maybe not so much as Shanahan, but if we hire Wade as our HC it will be hard for me to watch week in, week out.
I'm with you on Wade. Although, I'm hoping interviewing him is just a courtesy. I don't even want him kept on as DC. The whole team is stinking it up, and the defense has been exposed this year like crazy.

Anyone know if anybody in the Shanny coaching tree is seeing success. I'll admit to ignorance as to the scale of his coaching tree...perhaps it's only a little sapling that's about to be cut down? Unless lil' Shanny proves something...

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #426
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point, I've just got a long list of guys I don't want: Wade, Whiz, Jon Gruden, Shanahan (either), Billick, Briles, Sumlin, Del Rio, etc. I'm not sold on Smith.

I don't know about Shaw. I'm going to have to watch some more Stanford games.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #427
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I'm with you on Wade. Although, I'm hoping interviewing him is just a courtesy. I don't even want him kept on as DC. The whole team is stinking it up, and the defense has been exposed this year like crazy.

Anyone know if anybody in the Shanny coaching tree is seeing success. I'll admit to ignorance as to the scale of his coaching tree...perhaps it's only a little sapling that's about to be cut down? Unless lil' Shanny proves something...
Don't think so, but you can check for yourself:

Quote:
Old 12-09-2013   #428
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they wait and see who shakes out. If Pittsburgh was crazy enough to fire Tomlin, I'd wanna talk to him too
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #429
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48499 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Again, if Rick Smith stays, we aren't going anywhere, but why not take the best offensive minded HC prospect, and the best defensive minded HC prospect, and make them co-captains of the ship?

Never been tried, so who knows ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #430
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Again, if Rick Smith stays, we aren't going anywhere, but why not take the best offensive minded HC prospect, and the best defensive minded HC prospect, and make them co-captains of the ship?

Never been tried, so who knows ...
I'm reminded of the old saying about QBs that if you have a couple of guys, you don't have THE Guy.
Old 12-09-2013   #431
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48499 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm reminded of the old saying about QBs that if you have a couple of guys, you don't have THE Guy.
Yeah, and its far fetched, but I think the league is ready for something new.

Something game changing ...
Old 12-09-2013   #432
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, and its far fetched, but I think the league is ready for something new.

Something game changing ...

It's not that new. You still have to have one of the guys named the Head Coach. But in Tampa Bay, you had that setup with Jon Gruden and Monte Kiffin. In Baltimore, you probably had that in place with Billick and his string of defensive coordinators (Marvin Lewis, Mike Nolan, Rex Ryan). In Dallas, you probably had that sort of setup with Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett.

Unfortunately, we probably had that sort of setup here during the course of Kubiak's tenure. He was pretty much entirely concerned with the offense and the DC, whoever that was, was in charge of the defense. He threw upper round draft picks at the defense hoping it would boost the talent level on that side of the ball so whoever he put in charge would be able to be successful. When that didn't work, they finally enjoyed some success with an experienced DC with HC experience. (I think he preferred to just turn over the ST to the ST coach, as well.)

Personally, I'd prefer if we go back to the structure where the HC is more concerned with all aspects of the team and he coordinates his coordinators.
Old 12-09-2013   #433
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307012 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_Smoke View Post
I hope they wait and see who shakes out. If Pittsburgh was crazy enough to fire Tomlin, I'd wanna talk to him too
Yeah, but I'd want to know who thought Todd Haley was a good idea because all evidence was contrary to that before he was hired as OC.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #434
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Personally, I'd prefer if we go back to the structure where the HC is more concerned with all aspects of the team and he coordinates his coordinators.
Yeah, Wade as HC and Rex Ryan as DC and Wisenhunt as OC ...
Old 12-09-2013   #435
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You should be shot for that post!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #436
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 52955 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
:vomit:
Old 12-09-2013   #437
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35666 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #438
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You should be banned from the MB for even thinking that.

So I repped you.
Old 12-09-2013   #439
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104942 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
The good news is we'd make the front page of NFL.com seemingly every week.
Old 12-09-2013   #440
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Throw in Todd Haley and you got yourself a reality TV show.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read