Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2013   #1
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No Texans/Titans 12/29 for S.A. and Corpus

........and barely for Austin. I wonder what next year's programming will look like. The Texans could begin the season 0-1 and Week 2 who knows? Time to give the stations in Corpus and San Antonio a wake up call. New York's decision or not, the local stations get to hear it when the Texans get the shoulder.

Gotta love how the Texans give less than a damn about fans outside of Houston (as if any of us have been treated well by the 2013 Texans...lol).

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2013&wk=17
Old 12-29-2013   #2
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Texans/Titans 12/29 for S.A. and Corpus

No Valley, either. I'm surprised they lasted this long.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #3
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Well those big bucks I pay for Sunday Ticket will finally be put to use, though I'm not sure why I care at this point?
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #4
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I tnink that should say SA and Corpus spared having to watch Texans Titans.
Old 12-29-2013   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I can't complain about a 2-13 team not getting televised all over Texas. Heck, I didn't watch a couple of the games this last month and I have Game Rewind. At this point, I'd rather read about the Texans and make an occasional comment than watch them choke all over the field.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #6
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

They should switch it in Houston too.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Well those big bucks I pay for Sunday Ticket will finally be put to use, though I'm not sure why I care at this point?
Yeah i do the same thing, i pay for NFL sunday ticket all season long just incase something like this happens, although this season it seems like sunday ticket was a big waste of money for this very last game to this very horrid season.
Old 12-29-2013   #8
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why I've always rejected the thinking that fans do not matter to owners. We certainly do matter. TV markets are extremely important, and the only way to get them is to field a team people want to watch.

I remember a few years ago when the Texans lost the Beamont/Port Arthur market, and struggled to get it back.

Now we are back to begging markets to carry us.

McNair kept a mediocre coach too long, and now it's going to cost him lots of $$$ in many different ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 76006 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I was actually surprised that the Texans were on all season here in Austin given what has happened in the past.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #10
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 14806 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely shocked that the game was shown in the Tyler/Longview area.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #11
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
........and barely for Austin. I wonder what next year's programming will look like. The Texans could begin the season 0-1 and Week 2 who knows? Time to give the stations in Corpus and San Antonio a wake up call. New York's decision or not, the local stations get to hear it when the Texans get the shoulder.

Gotta love how the Texans give less than a damn about fans outside of Houston (as if any of us have been treated well by the 2013 Texans...lol).

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2013&wk=17
Sounds like Bob and his GM need to be cleaning house in their marketing and Media departments. More typical Texans BAD Management.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Sounds like Bob and his GM need to be cleaning house in their marketing and Media departments. More typical Texans BAD Management.
Sounds like typical ignorant butt hurt troll speak
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #13
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So McNair has staff that let's the TV execs in NYC when and when not to broadcast particular games and in which markets? You sir, err ma'am, uh, whatever you are, are a piece (of work).

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #14
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
So McNair has staff that let's the TV execs in NYC when and when not to broadcast particular games and in which markets? You sir, err ma'am, uh, whatever you are, are a piece (of work).
Actually the local affiliates have the say on what programming to broadcast. Your apology has been accepted in advance.
Old 12-29-2013   #15
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually the local affiliates have the say on what programming to broadcast. Your apology has been accepted in advance.
Stand on the curb and wait for that.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #16
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Stand on the curb and wait for that.
Yo momma would be proud.
Old 12-29-2013   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There has been copies of letters posted to this website with the response from the affiliates that prove otherwise. Unless the affiliates were lying in their responses

I do recall threads about Austin affiliate responding (vince young era)and a corpus affiliate

FYI.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #18
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
There has been copies of letters posted to this website with the response from the affiliates that prove otherwise. Unless the affiliates were lying in their responses

I do recall threads about Austin affiliate responding (vince young era)and a corpus affiliate

FYI.
In Austin CBS showed Vince Young games his first 2 years in Tenn and if there is a scheduling conflict, the Cowboy game take precedent. The local program director said they would show the game that had the biggest appeal to their audience.
Old 12-29-2013   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Sounds like typical ignorant butt hurt troll speak
Love ya JB, but live in our world before you say that.

Out of town Texans get the sorry end of the deal.
Old 12-29-2013   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Love, ya JB, but live in our world before you say that.

Out of town Texans get the sorry end of the deal.
I know they do, but to say the Texans do it intentionally is ignorant bs
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read