Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2013   #121
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak just got fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
From the gamethread. Not exactly Nostradamus, but watching last night was just too much. Still though, at the time I was still thinking we were stuck with Kubes indefinitely.

Thanks, Gary, for all your hard work. Your heart was in the right place. Best of luck and good health to you and yours.

Now, pass that bottle of Champagne this way.

Dude its been awhile since champagne flowed , its been everclear and 151 for 11 weeks now! Lol
Old 12-06-2013   #122
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
As far as I know, Gary met with Bob and was told he would be fired. Gary then met with the coaches to personally give the news. He then went home.

I honestly have no issue with it. The guy has had a rough year and if he doesn't want to talk to the media an hour after getting fired I'm completely fine with it.
Yeah I guess you're right. Considering his health I'm sure this was stressful for him and his family. I wish him all the best.
Old 12-06-2013   #123
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1938 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
A good man just lost his job and you are making jokes.

He made more money in Houston than you will make in your life
Old 12-06-2013   #124
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak finished his career here having never win a game in Indy.

Sad.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #125
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Kubiak finished his career here having never win a game in Indy.

Sad.
Neither did Dom Capers.

/rimshot
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #126
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Neither did Dom Capers.

/rimshot
We'll win the Super Bowl before we ever win at Indy.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #127
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Wade is a candidate? That scares the **** out of me.
I think Wade's just a "courtesy candidate". At least I hope so. No Wade for HC!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2013   #128
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
McNair just indicated he wants to talk to Lovie Smith. - Mcclain
Joy

Just cant wait for the next 5 yrs of Rick/Lovie. Ask Bears fans how they think about Lovie, BoB before you listen to Rick

Rick/Lovie/Teddy=Championship

Hopefully this means Clowney at 1-1.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #129
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3384 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I think this is true. No point in declaring no way he gets the HC job if he he's your interim.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #130
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Folks, McNair is going to talk to candidates over the next month or so. I wouldn't get too worried nor excited no matter who he talks to at this point.
Old 12-06-2013   #131
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

My heat goes out to Kubes & his family. Thank you!

From this point forward let's don't get attached to the person but his ability to win this city & Bob McNair an NFL Championship

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #132
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Could care less about ethical,

Just want to win

Give me the next Belichick.
OK Mr. Crystal Ballsbtexan, who the hell is that. I'm saying David Shaw. Your opinion? (seriously)

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #133
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
IF the Texans are smart they'll keep him as offensive Co-ordinator. The man is a HELL of an OC just not a good head coach. My reasoning?

Dick Labeau: GREAT player, GREAT DC...lousy head coach. The Steelers fired him and DC again and went to 4 Superbowls (two of which they won) with him as DC.

Dom Capers: SUCKED as head coach while here. Became the DC of the Packers...now has a Superbowl ring.

Jack DelRio: SUCKED as a head coach and now is the DC in Denver.

Buddy Ryan:
As a Head coach is an abusive TYRANT as a DC coached the 85 Bears. Superbowl ring...

Keep Kubiak as OC. If he focuses ENTIRELY on the offense we can win this thing.

Now then. BRING IN BILL COWHER!
Can you name a single instance of this ever happening in the NFL? Can anyone? I don't think it has ever been done and I don't think it ever will be done.

I wish people would quit suggesting this. It is pretty much impossible.
Old 12-06-2013   #134
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I can see him hooking up with Shanny again.
I can see them both looking for jobs.

I'm disturbed by Rick Smith not feeling any heat. Talk about Teflon Man. But, I'm still hopeful the Texans can bring in the right man to lead this organization.

Because that's what has been missing from the start. Leadership. I want someone who will lookup from his call sheet and watch the plays. I want someone who is respected, and yes, feared by his players. I want someone that other good coaches want to work with.

You know a leader when you see one. I never saw Kubiak as that guy.
Old 12-06-2013   #135
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
....Thanks, Gary, for all your hard work. *Your heart was in the right place. *Best of luck and good health to you and family...
I think I have a bit of Stockholm Syndrome for Kubiak.

Statement From Gary Kubiak

Quote:
I want to thank Bob McNair and his family for giving me my first head coaching opportunity in the National Football League. Bob has treated me with the utmost class and respect throughout my career with the Texans. I am appreciative of him for bringing me back to Houston to coach my hometown team.

I want thank the players and coaches for all the work they have put in during my years with the Texans. Though we came up short this season, the work, effort and sacrifice they gave me and this organization over the last eight seasons is not to be taken for granted. I want to wish them all the best.

I want to thank the people in the organization for their support over all the years. We could not have achieved our goals without their tireless work and commitment to our team.

Lastly, my family and I want to thank the city of Houston for their support of the football team and our family. We had a great run here and we will never forget our back-to-back AFC South Championships. Coming back home was a dream come true for all of us. This will always be our home. Thank you.
Old 12-06-2013   #136
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm hoping against hope that Wade is only interim. That's ok; he won't interfere with the process of losing out.

We have already seen enough to know Case will be a good backup but not a starter. But if trying to evaluate him causes us to win enough games to lose 1st overall pick, we can no longer get a top QB to replace him and Schaub.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #137
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2051 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor B View Post
...Pick up a QB in the 4th or 5th and let them battle...
I like Keenum a lot. But I'm not sold on him as a game-in, game-out starter.

So waiting until the fourth of fifth round to draft a QB is way too late. If not in Round 1, then in 2. Definitely no later than 3.
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #138
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I hope that Gary was thrown out the door head first. All he ever did was make this team an embarrassment and he set this franchise back 8 to 10 years now. He always put his personal relationships over this team's success and refused to ever hold accountability. He doesn't deserve another coaching job other than maybe at a small school in college. The only reason why he ever made the playoffs in Houston was because McNair forced Wade on him where the defense was turned around over night while Gary refused to fire Smith before that. He thought he could win with Carr as well. One of the worst offensive minds I've ever watched as a fan from his stubborn nature to stick to one system and to be completely gutless to deviate away from it. Good riddance Gary. You should have been fired 3 or 4 years ago.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #139
Steal Your Face
Rookie

Section: 119
Rep Power: 858 Steal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Joy

Just cant wait for the next 5 yrs of Rick/Lovie. Ask Bears fans how they think about Lovie, BoB before you listen to Rick

Rick/Lovie/Teddy=Championship

Hopefully this means Clowney at 1-1.
Not sure where you get your info ... I know several Bears fans that think fairly highly of Lovie.
Steal Your Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #140
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I think I have a bit of Stockholm Syndrome for Kubiak.

Statement From Gary Kubiak
Look for a classy act by Kubiak on Sunday.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read