Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2013   #21
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak just got fired

From listening to McNair's comments, it sounds to me like the last straw was putting Schaub in the game last night.

Anyone agree?

He really hem hawed when they asked him about it.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #22
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

case still the starter
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Gary for helping build a foundation for this franchise.

Too bad you weren't the guy to see this team make it thru to the next level. Can you please take Rick/Wade with you so the housecleaning can be complete.

Best of luck in your future endevoros. Take care of your health 1st.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think 2-11 is "mid-season". Our season has been long over, even with 3 games to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #25
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair "We're looking for a coach who's bright, ethical, innovative and is able to make adjustments."

ouch
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is experience important to you (John McClain) "experience shows if coach can handle responsibility. Players may not make good decisions as they think as a player."

ON record "This has been horrible. The organized disciplined way is to do this after season but we need the extar time and are starting now to contact candidates. This is not a 'rebuilding process. We need to do something but have good core to turn this around."

Was Keenum being pulled a factor? "Stuttering. Case has up and downs. Penalties were unacceptable and I decided flying back last now to make move."
Old 12-06-2013   #27
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
McNair "We're looking for a coach who's bright, ethical, innovative and is able to make adjustments."

ouch
Shotssssssssssssssssssssss
Old 12-06-2013   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Holy Crap!!

I did NOT think McNair would pull the trigger until the end of the season, if then.

I was wrong folks. But after last night's ridiculousness, it's the right decision.
Never though I would see this post.
Old 12-06-2013   #29
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad to see the organization doing the right thing and be forward-looking. However, I am a saddened for Gary, his health and his overall decline as a HC. Guess I'm a softie
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #30
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

It's happening! It's happening!

Then I got terrified when he said keenum will start, like the last 3 games? Next year?
Old 12-06-2013   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you wish you did it earlier season? "Schaub has one bad game and you don't want to move him but how long before you do? That was a coaching decision but most coaches would have gone with a known commodity (MS) but hindsight is 20/20. Those who have performed in past usually will perform again."
Old 12-06-2013   #32
WG9032
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 WG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respected

Surprised at this... I know most people hate Kubes but he's a great OC IMO... In many ways I don't think this was a 12-4 team the last couple years bc Schaub was never that great.

Listening to Mcnair it almost sounds like yanking Keenum was a big part in this. Almost wonder if they had some kind of agreement to not put Schaub in and Kubes putting him in was a final straw?

Kubes will get a job as OC in about a nanosecond when he's ready.

Edit- Just saw Marcus's post saying the same thing... Hadn't seen yours when I posted mine!
WG9032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #33
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah...pulling case was definitely an issue for McNair.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

ouch
Could care less about ethical,

Just want to win

Give me the next Belichick.
Old 12-06-2013   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Ric Smith on draft "Too soon and we want to focus on this situation".

On candidates like Lovie Smith. McNair "Lovie is good example of those type of coaches not coaching who could be a candidate but we still want to keep process secret to not put active coaches on spot"

The end.
Old 12-06-2013   #36
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
McNair said they want someone who is innovative and who can make adjustments. Ouch!!!!!
That was my biggest gripe right there. He stuck with the same game plan, over and over, even when it didn't work. If it worked the 1st half and the OTHER team made adjustements to counter it, we still stuck with it instead of changing to beat their adjustments. Bitter sweat I guess..
Old 12-06-2013   #37
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Good riddance.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #38
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

ouch
Then it sounds like he should remove Wade Phillips from his list.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #39
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

IF the Texans are smart they'll keep him as offensive Co-ordinator. The man is a HELL of an OC just not a good head coach. My reasoning?

Dick Labeau: GREAT player, GREAT DC...lousy head coach. The Steelers fired him and DC again and went to 4 Superbowls (two of which they won) with him as DC.

Dom Capers: SUCKED as head coach while here. Became the DC of the Packers...now has a Superbowl ring.

Jack DelRio: SUCKED as a head coach and now is the DC in Denver.

Buddy Ryan:
As a Head coach is an abusive TYRANT as a DC coached the 85 Bears. Superbowl ring...

Keep Kubiak as OC. If he focuses ENTIRELY on the offense we can win this thing.

Now then. BRING IN BILL COWHER!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #40
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Just do it. Fire Rick Smith.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read