Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bang the table!

Which prospects regardless of position, ranking or value do you love the most and would "bang the table" so to speak if you were in the war room of the texans.

Just to get something started :

Barr OLB
Mosley OLB/ILB
Amaro TE
Bortles QB
Andre Williams RB Boston college

Which prospects regardless of position, ranking or value do you love the most and would "bang the table" so to speak if you were in the war room of the texans.

Barr OLB
Mosley OLB/ILB
Amaro TE
Bortles QB

I would bang the table for Clowney and depending on the new regime Barr.

Out of the rest of your list I like Bortles and Mosley. If the Texans traded down to 10 with the Browns I would love 1. Bortles 2. Mosley

1. Mike Evans
2. A.J. McCarron
3. Jace Amaro
4. C.J. Mosely
5. Christian Jones
6. Kyle Fuller

Barr OLB
Mosley OLB/ILB
Amaro TE
Bortles QB

I think Mosley is the best player in the draft, but Clowney is a physical freak that has the potential to be incredible and that gets people excited. I also love Barr because I think his ceiling is unlimited.

I love Justin Gilbert at CB, but one guy that I've scouted extensively is Ross Cockrell (CB) at Duke. He might have some of the best coverage skills in the draft but he's skinny and really needs to get bigger. Will struggle in run support and press coverage if he doesn't get stronger.

I've got to check out Cockrell.

What do you think of Belue?

CBS has him ranked 4/5th rd. I would take him in the late rd early 4th. He's small but fiesty. Would be a major upgrade over McCain.

I'd break the table in half for Clowney. Barring that, a trade down with Cleveland for CJ Mosley and Tajh Boyd.

I've got to check out Cockrell.

What do you think of Belue?

CBS has him ranked 4/5th rd. I would take him in the late rd early 4th. He's small but fiesty. Would be a major upgrade over McCain.

I haven't watched much of Belue but I wouldn't say it's a stretch at all to peg him as a better slot corner than McCain.

Bortles, everything I have seen from this guy says franchise QB. I think Bortles is the one guy that says to me, don't trade back.

Mosley most "guaranteed" player in draft and can be had in trade down. I am working on new mock with ZBS possible changing.

There are a few guys I really like in this draft. Some might or might not fit on our team depending on the new regime, but I'll list my mancrushes in here.

Trey Millard - FB, H-Back, RB, TE, Oklahoma (will fall due to injury, doesn't play a valuable position but is a valuable player due to his ability to make an offense multiple)

Davante Adams - WR, Fresno St (makes Carr look better than he is, which is saying something)

C.J. Fiedorowicz - TE, Iowa (big blocking TE who runs smooth routes and has great hands)

Tyler Larsen - OC, Utah St (not a need position but a very underrated prospect)

Kyle Van Noy - OLB, BYU (complete player who is a force as a pass rusher)

Justin Gilbert - CB, Oklahoma St (maybe the best athlete in this draft)

Marcus Williams - CB, North Dakota St (best player on the two-time, about to be three-time, defending FCS champs)

Adams, Van Noy, and Gilbert all rate as 1st round prospects but these other guys could be had outside the first round.

Mosley most "guaranteed" player in draft and can be had in trade down. I am working on new mock with ZBS possible changing.

yeah i would like to do a mock with a trade down from the first while selecting mosley, just haven't figured out the rest of the draft.

mosley is by far my favourite player in this draft could be a luke kuechly like difference to this defence

yeah i would like to do a mock with a trade down from the first while selecting mosley, just haven't figured out the rest of the draft.

mosley is by far my favourite player in this draft could be a luke kuechly like difference to this defence
"Funny how the night moves.." I am now going with a QB with a trade down with Cleveland whom I think wants Bridger. I am just not sold on Carr who many have going to Jags. I think Hundley will remain in school and see only Bridgewater, Carr and one other QB in top ten. I think Manziel will be somewhere after that. I still like Keenum but for now think we have to draft a QB. Fortunately, we have more games to evaluate him. Mosley is the best but there are just so many ILBs that could start for Texans in day two and three: Skov, Smallwood, Christian Jones, Blair and my old friend Andrew Jackson whom I am considering again as I can get him late and he is a run stopper.

Last edited:
Mosley is undersized (small) ILB, wouldn't be surprised if he falls out of 1st rd. May not be a 3 down player

:headhurts:

have you watched him play?
his going to be a top 15 pick maybe even crack top 10

Based on pure talent he would be a top 5 pick, but the ILB position is not a premium draft position. The fact that he is considered a top 10 prospect is a testament to his talent.

Based on pure talent he would be a top 5 pick, but the ILB position is not a premium draft position. The fact that he is considered a top 10 prospect is a testament to his talent.

:goodpost: agree

i have him as my 3rd ranked player on my big board.

i think people are getting sick of me talking about him and us drafting a TE early :spin:

:headhurts:

have you watched him play?
his going to be a top 15 pick maybe even crack top 10

Why? What has he done?

Todd McShay's Top 10??? What's he done to deserve this media hype other than play for Bama and Saban?

Why? What has he done?

Todd McShay's Top 10??? What's he done to deserve this media hype other than play for Bama and Saban?

who said todd mcshay?

what i see in mosley:
Instincts
Athleticism (i.e. speed agility)
plays well in the run game even with his "small" size - proof by being the leading tackler for his team
as good as they come in pass coverage for a ILB
has played multiple positions or roles for Alabama from MLB to OLB blitzing the QB.
has excellent tackle technique wrapping up really well.
Stay low on hits and trying to shed blocks, has fluid hips in pass coverage.

obviosuly he has weakness, he needs to gain weight and a bit more strength because sometimes struggles with shedding blocks but that isn't is game so I'm not to worried about that.

In terms of intangibles from what i read his been a strong leader for his Bama team for a while now and shows great work ethic and high football IQ in the film room.

Lol he's the same size as Luke Kuechly. Guess Carolina wasted that 1st rounder..

Luke Combine weigh in was 242, 12 lbs heavier than Mosley and I am not sure Mosley will hit 230.

The BIG Difference in 3 years Kuechly had 532 tackles, his last year, 191 tackles. Mosley in 4 years has 313 tackles, 2013 102 tackles.

So I ask again, what exactly has Mosley done to get such lofty draft expectations?

Luke Combine weigh in was 242, 12 lbs heavier than Mosley and I am not sure Mosley will hit 230.

The BIG Difference in 3 years Kuechly had 532 tackles, his last year, 191 tackles. Mosley in 4 years has 313 tackles, 2013 102 tackles.

So I ask again, what exactly has Mosley done to get such lofty draft expectations?

refer to my post before.

obviously you haven't watched him so whats the point.

also he weights depending on what source you use somewhere between 232 and 238. he could easily get up to the high 230s by the time the combine starts to make you happy

refer to my post before.

obviously you haven't watched him so whats the point.

also he weights depending on what source you use somewhere between 232 and 238. he could easily get up to the high 230s by the time the combine starts to make you happy

I have watched him, last year and this year, easily 8 games

1. He's an ILB

2. I don't see anything in his performance or production that says 1st RD, Mosley is not even in the Top 50 in tackles.

i don't believe you when you say you have watched him.

I asked why you don't see him as a 1st round pick and falling to the 2nd and you said because his an ILB

are you insane, ILB may not go not top 10 but they certainly go in the first round, Hightower and Kuechly are recent examples of this.

His the leading tackler on his team what more do you want.
Do you rate AJ Johnson a good prospect then? because his ranked 57th in tackles.

You said he isn't a 3 down backer.....WHAT! you can't get a better coverage linebacker then him along with his other skills in a draft he is a sure fire 3 down 'backer.

unless you can present me with some actually 'scouting' that gives reason to your evaluation of him then I'm not going to bother anymore.

it's comical how you guys easily continue to take his bait :user:

i'm going to start a thread saying we shouldnt draft Clowney because he doesn't have JJ Watt's, so he doesnt belong in the top 15. /Texian

it's comical how you guys easily continue to take his bait :user:

i'm going to start a thread saying we shouldnt draft Clowney because he doesn't have JJ Watt's, so he doesnt belong in the top 15. /Texian

He some how roped me in.
i was saying to myself he has had arguments with nearly everyone on this board don't get sucked in and then bam....a guy on the other side of the world got really frustrated lol

He some how roped me in.
i was saying to myself he has had arguments with nearly everyone on this board don't get sucked in and then bam....a guy on the other side of the world got really frustrated lol

you're a good kid, just gotta continue to battle. it's on me.

Leo-Toast.gif

i don't believe you when you say you have watched him.

I asked why you don't see him as a 1st round pick and falling to the 2nd and you said because his an ILB

are you insane, ILB may not go not top 10 but they certainly go in the first round, Hightower and Kuechly are recent examples of this.

His the leading tackler on his team what more do you want.
Do you rate AJ Johnson a good prospect then? because his ranked 57th in tackles.

You said he isn't a 3 down backer.....WHAT! you can't get a better coverage linebacker then him along with his other skills in a draft he is a sure fire 3 down 'backer.

unless you can present me with some actually 'scouting' that gives reason to your evaluation of him then I'm not going to bother anymore.

So you think an ILB who ranks #64 in tackles is a Top 10 pick do you? No offense but this is very reminiscent of last year. There were about a dozen well intentioned young lads, saturated in media hype, who said I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about when I said Manti Te'o wasn't a 1st RD pick. You're a troll they said. You're clueless they said. He's a sure fire Top 10 pick they said. Any Manti Te'o fans? Of course not, moving along. Just like two years ago when I said the Indianapolis Colts would be back a top of the division in 2013. There were pages and pages and pages of people telling me just how stupid, dumb and ignorant I was......chatter on.

#64 in your program; http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/34/p2

Oh btw, Manti Te'o had over 100 more college tackles, more TFL, more sacks and more INTS than CJ Mosley.

Last edited:
Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville - bpa #1 overall sorry all you clown fans :clown: Forget the hype or press clippings this is a diamond in the rough & a prize for Texans to compensate themselves for losing a head coach as well as 11-12-13 games (whatever) in a row.

Ekpre-Olomu Ife, CB Oregon - Boundary corner with ball hawk skills. Can isolate on the corner in man to man coverage.

Trent Murphy, DE/OLB Stanford - Great combination of intelligence & intensity, ala Watt.

David Yankey, LG Stanford - Plug & play LG. Really wanted to draft Kyle Long last year, all three of these last selections would be wonderful additions to Texans early in round two.

Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville - bpa #1 overall sorry all you clown fans :clown: Forget the hype or press clippings this is a diamond in the rough & a prize for Texans to compensate themselves for losing a head coach as well as 11-12-13 games (whatever) in a row.

Ekpre-Olomu Ife, CB Oregon - Boundary corner with ball hawk skills. Can isolate on the corner in man to man coverage.

Trent Murphy, DE/OLB Stanford - Great combination of intelligence & intensity, ala Watt.

David Yankey, LG Stanford - Plug & play LG. Really wanted to draft Kyle Long last year, all three of these last selections would be wonderful additions to Texans early in round two.

Dont like Teddy

Love any scenario where the Texans end yp with 2 of these 3 guys.

Just watched Stanford dominate ASU. Mrphy/Skov and Yankey were dominate.

Hogan lit it up. I like Hogan more than Teddy. Any chance that Shaw is the next HC and Hogan comes out early? If Shaw were to become HC I would love a draft of all Stanford guys.

Rd.1 Hogan
Rd.2 Murphy
Rd.3 Yankey
Rd.3 Trade up, Skov
Rd.5 Supp pick, Gafney
Rd.6 Montgomery
Rd.7 Josh Mauro

You could do alot worse than this in the draft.

What do you think of Houston's own Cameron Fleming? Big powerful extremely smart RT for the Cardinal. 1st team Pac 12. What rd do you see him going?

Just FYI, Texian comes off as a troll, but he's right far more often than any other "draft-nicks" I've ever read in message boards.

Don't be shocked when your boy goes day 2 and you've been blasting him the whole time.

Just FYI, Texian comes off as a troll, but he's right far more often than any other "draft-nicks" I've ever read in message boards.

Don't be shocked when your boy goes day 2 and you've been blasting him the whole time.

I see you have two accounts

I see you have two accounts

Hah. Good stuff.

I'm not him I assure you. In fact, I've basically told him he's a jerk before, but he's a very good draft-nick. I generally fade in and out of message boards throughout the season, but pay lots of attention come draft time. I've definitely seen people telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about and saying he's a troll, but he is definitely right more than anyone else I've seen. That includes the ESPN guys.

In fact, Mike Mayock and Texian are where I get a lot of my draft stuff from.

If you think that I'm him on a 2nd account that's cool. If you think he's an idiot, that's cool too. But I've seen this story play out before.

Hah. Good stuff.

I'm not him I assure you. In fact, I've basically told him he's a jerk before, but he's a very good draft-nick. I generally fade in and out of message boards throughout the season, but pay lots of attention come draft time. I've definitely seen people telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about and saying he's a troll, but he is definitely right more than anyone else I've seen. That includes the ESPN guys.

In fact, Mike Mayock and Texian are where I get a lot of my draft stuff from.

If you think that I'm him on a 2nd account that's cool. If you think he's an idiot, that's cool too. But I've seen this story play out before.

Or maybe nobody cares for his NSZ delivery style of argument. The guy just needs to tone it down and learn how to discuss things instead of jumping on people for having different opinions about stuff that really doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things. This section of the board has always been very good about being polite and discussing players, not jumping on each other for differing opinions. I expect his stay to be a short one if this is how he carries himself.

Although, I have to say that comparing college stats to evaluate players is just about the dumbest way to project ILBs and QBs. I mean honestly, any draftnik worth his salt knows that film is what matters and not stats. If stats were all that mattered, Case Keenum and a slew of other 2nd-tier conference QBs would be running the NFL. Feel free to keep following the dude if that makes you feel better, but from what I have read of his stuff, he's no better than anyone else on this board. We are all just amateurs who don't get paid a penny, just fans discussing the players and their talents.

Or maybe nobody cares for his NSZ delivery style of argument. The guy just needs to tone it down and learn how to discuss things instead of jumping on people for having different opinions about stuff that really doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things. This section of the board has always been very good about being polite and discussing players, not jumping on each other for differing opinions. I expect his stay to be a short one if this is how he carries himself.

Although, I have to say that comparing college stats to evaluate players is just about the dumbest way to project ILBs and QBs. I mean honestly, any draftnik worth his salt knows that film is what matters and not stats. If stats were all that mattered, Case Keenum and a slew of other 2nd-tier conference QBs would be running the NFL. Feel free to keep following the dude if that makes you feel better, but from what I have read of his stuff, he's no better than anyone else on this board. We are all just amateurs who don't get paid a penny, just fans discussing the players and their talents.

:goodpost:

Haha glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

:bravo:

i wasn't going to say anything but you took the words straight out of my mouth

Sorry boys, we're are not one and the same. DR I am always polite, don't cuss, attack the argument not the poster. Up until this year I posted on Houston Texans message board. My account was suspended because a couple of mods didn't like me being honest about the fall of the Texans. They didn't like folks who weren't cheerleaders and took exception to those who didn't drink the kool aid. Those mods are no longer mods. Most folks like y'all don't approve of me telling it like it is and being negative about the Houston Texans. That's why y'all don't like me. Many would prefer I just drink the kool aid. This was especially true since the end of the 2011 season. I kept telling all about how bad the salary cap was, how Texans were losing players not getting better actually getting worse and Indianapolis would be back on top in 2013. That's why y'all don't like me. NOOOOOBODY believed me all they wanted to do was crucify me. Most of the time I bring facts and supporting info that discredits opinions and that's why Y'all don't like me. I respond to those in a way I have been responded to. Oh and THANKS! Texans FTW

Last edited:
All those mods are gone now? They were terrible, sorry.

They suspended every account of someone that would critically attack Texans moves and it just became bland sports radio regurgitation.

I never got my account suspended, but after like 8 good posters did I knew it was time to move on.

Back