Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2013   #21
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiss My Ass

To a certain extent the team just seems snakebitten. Really weird, crippling injuries, absolute bad luck, etc. That's the 7th game in a row where we've lost by less than a touchdown, 8th total when you consider the Seahawks game.

At this point being swept by a pumped-up Jags team doesn't surprise me; I'm just riding out the wave and seeing where it takes the team draft-wise.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #22
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
To a certain extent the team just seems snakebitten. Really weird, crippling injuries, absolute bad luck, etc. That's the 7th game in a row where we've lost by less than a touchdown, 8th total when you consider the Seahawks game.

At this point being swept by a pumped-up Jags team doesn't surprise me; I'm just riding out the wave and seeing where it takes the team draft-wise.
This is the nfl where very few teams are blown out. That 7 pts or less is meaningless. The texans last yr got roasted when they lost. Tbh, they should've lost to the jags and lions last yr. This season, I watched 1 game,vs seattle where I thought they should've won. Poorly coached,excuse driven team from the owner down. Remember the owner saying,we don't need manning,we got matt schaub? Well,he can have him. This is the worse team in the nfl.
Old 12-06-2013   #23
gwallaia

Rep Power: 59793 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm wondering when McNair will address the fans. I feel like he owes us an apology, and for the season ticket holders, a refund.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #24
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2738 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
That's the 7th game in a row where we've lost by less than a touchdown, 8th total when you consider the Seahawks game.
They lost by 7
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #25
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea, arent we past the whole kiss my ass part?

Im rooting for #1 pick at this point. Great job last night Texans!!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Yea, arent we past the whole kiss my ass part?

Im rooting for #1 pick at this point. Great job last night Texans!!
I'm going to continue to root for them to win AND get the number 1 pick. However the first pick in the draft is much more realistic.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #27
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137897 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Beard, beard, beard, beardy, beard, beard, beard.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand that's about all I have to say about that.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2013   #28
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Beard, beard, beard, beardy, beard, beard, beard.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand that's about all I have to say about that.
Makes me want to shave my beard.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 130554 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I'm wondering when McNair will address the fans. I feel like he owes us an apology, and for the season ticket holders, a refund.
I hope he enjoyed building the laughing stock team of the year. The lack of leadership is astonishing. Nobody even knows who's in charge with Kubiak having more power than Rick Smith. I'm not even sure what Rick Smith does and I've followed this team from before it was named.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #30
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 90531 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We have a decent little core of talented players, that's it. I still think the "talent" on this team is vastly overrated by the fans and media. Admittedly, I was one of them. You see 1-2 of those core players go down...BOOM, we suck.
Old 12-06-2013   #31
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 130554 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
We have a decent little core of talented players, that's it. I still think the "talent" on this team is vastly overrated by the fans and media. Admittedly, I was one of them. You see 1-2 of those core players go down...BOOM, we suck.
Very overrated....proven on the field to be exact. Time to give this team the full enema, top down.

Old 12-06-2013   #32
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 90531 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Very overrated....proven on the field to be exact. Time to give this team the full enema, top down.
Totally! No lube...nada! Cram that hose up in there and crank that valve wide open
Old 12-06-2013   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 139472 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on Aggies let's see you create , here's your competition .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADh52Uf2EwE

At this point I think the Texans have JJ , AJ , Cushing ( I know he's hurt ) , and Brown as guys who you can build with .

I think Brooks has a future , Hopkins , Graham , Swearinger , and the forgotten #11 have a chance . That's it ... IMO ... that you have going forward . The rest are to old or overrated .

The 49ers have 31 players who make a million a year or more . The Texans have 16 and that's the rest of the story .
Old 12-06-2013   #34
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I hope he enjoyed building the laughing stock team of the year. The lack of leadership is astonishing. Nobody even knows who's in charge with Kubiak having more power than Rick Smith. I'm not even sure what Rick Smith does and I've followed this team from before it was named.
I wish I could pos rep you but I can't. I have been around since the LA Times expansion message board back in 1999. Remember rpongett who was a Houston poster who went to the NFL owner's meeting back in 1999.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #35
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 203569 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

On a related note, I have not missed my PSL obligations at all.
Old 12-06-2013   #36
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 203569 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
If by "little core" you mean about 6 players, I agree. AJ, Watt, Brown, Cushing, and maybe the two rookies are all that I'd miss if they pulled in 53 new guys next year.
Old 12-06-2013   #37
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the players are that bad. It's the coaches inability to put players in position to make plays.
I know people don't like Belicheck around here but he's a good example of a coach that can take mediocre players and find their strengths. He almost made the playoffs with Matt Cassel when Brady went down.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #38
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Do people have short term memory loss on here? We have been discussing this topics the past 10 games. I'm over this season and just ready for coaching changes and the draft .
SCOTTexans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #39
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
I don't think the players are that bad. It's the coaches inability to put players in position to make plays.
I know people don't like Belicheck around here but he's a good example of a coach that can take mediocre players and find their strengths. He almost made the playoffs with Matt Cassel when Brady went down.
Sharper in position, Jackson in position...no edge rush. Make shift Oline on the right side...A Smith mailed it in and quit, no decent TE on the roster after Daniels on a team that is designed to use two te's....yeah, we are that bad

Old 12-06-2013   #40
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If by "little core" you mean about 6 players, I agree. AJ, Watt, Brown, Cushing, and maybe the two rookies are all that I'd miss if they pulled in 53 new guys next year.
Yup! Watt and Cush are my only D players. AJ and DB are my only O players

D-Hop, KJ, Posie, B. Brooks are on the bubble.

I don't mention Myers because I don't think he fits a power scheme, which is what I want.

I like Quess' potential, but am wary of him in a power scheme as well

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read