Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you think McNair WILL, not SHOULD, fire Kubiak?
Yes 101 75.94%
NO 32 24.06%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2013   #141
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Where are you getting the 50k fan number from?
Why don't you use the number you would like on a more than half empty stadium.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #142
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Why don't you use the number you would like on a more than half empty stadium.
You are estimating only 30% attendance which is comical and why I asked where you got it from
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #143
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
NO my numbers mean that during your proposed sellout there were quite a few single game tickets unsold and there were 50,000 no show fans who weren't there spending $40 a head and most of the rental suites went unsold.
Seriously, take a remedial reading course.

Past - There was no "proposed sellout" about it. Every Texans game to date has been sold out. If you saw the game then it was sold out. People have not shown up but they have been wasting purchased tickets. It has never been anywhere close to 50k no shows.

Future - The "your numbers" comment was about the future and your speculated ticket sales loss next season.

FYI - club seats and suites are PSLs. The only way you find them for individual games is resales by the owners which does not count as unsold single game tickets because they are already paid for.

By the way, the paid attendance is listed at the bottom of each GameHQ on espn. For example the paid attendance of the recent Jags game was 71,659. NE was 71,769.
Old 12-06-2013   #144
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it too late to change my vote to "yes?"
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #145
UKTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 UKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've just voted on this and even though we've hit another new low, I still voted no. I honestly don't hink he will, I hope I'm wrong. On a side note, it's amazing how off topic this thread has gone.
UKTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #146
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

i hope so…..
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #147
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

what would the comcast turtles do?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2013   #148
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

No link but Peter King reporting Kubiak will be fired today

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #149
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Bob paid 700m along with his friends. His return is around 7% a year over more than 10 years
He got 300 mil from Reliant over a 10 yr period.

Harris county taxpayers pitched in another 200 mil

I dont know how much the minority owners paid but I am assuming around 100 mil. 300+200+100 mil = 600 mil if my math is correct. This means BoB paid out of his pocket 100 mil. You can figure out the % BoB is making on his $$$$ with little to no risk.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #150
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Sweet.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #151
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Is it too late to change my vote to "yes?"
I want to change my vote too.

Last night was a pitful display.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #152
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Taking basically 100-200 mil and turning it into 1.5 bil in a decade isn't a bad return on BoB's $$$$,the kicker is there's very litlle risk in owning an NFL franchise.

Tell me what type businesses you can make that kind of $$$$ with little risk?
The kinds of businesses billionaires have access to. McNair is now in real estate, biotech, and investments. When you've got that kind of money, you can invest it relatively safely and still make big profits.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #153
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This decision is about Bob McNair more than any other time. It will define him for years.

If he somehow tries to justify keeping Kubiak & Co. after this dismal season (and that's putting a positive spin on it), he will be seen as a hack owner that does not have the balls to do what needs to be done to build a winning franchise. He will be known as Boob McNair.

I think he has to fire Kubiak after seeing this 11 game losing streak (and counting), especially watching that garbage last night. Kubiak has lost this team. They are playing undisciplined football, some look lost, others look like they've checked out, and honestly only see about 3-4 players who are still giving 100% (and we know who they are).

Kubiak's generic reply to everything - "It's my fault. It's on me." - needs to be accepted. He's telling the world that this team represents him, and everything that is happening is ultimately his responsibility.

Now let's see if Mr. McNair will hold him accountable.

SMDH getting swept by the friggin' Jaguars. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it.
Old 12-06-2013   #154
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Here you go

Quote:
@SI_PeterKing I'm pretty sure Gary Kubiak won't survive the season as Houston coach. He may not even survive the day.
10:04am - 6 Dec 13
Quote:
@SI_PeterKing Apologies about using word "survive" with Kubiak. Poor choice of words. Meant he likely won't be kept at end of yr. End could come today
Old 12-06-2013   #155
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Like I said: I think it's all about if McNair thinks Kubiak can produce a winner here. I voted "Yes" he would fire him because I thought that losing this much -- especially after how high hopes were -- would shake his confidence in Smithiak. I expect both of them to be fired.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #156
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiaks about to be fired/resign.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #157
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87319 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Great, now Wade will get us a win and will be our HC.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #158
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't see him getting fired. I expect a resignation or reassignment.

Should he be fired, I hope it is McNair and not Smith doing it. Smith needs to go as well.
Old 12-06-2013   #159
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He got 300 mil from Reliant over a 10 yr period.

Harris county taxpayers pitched in another 200 mil

I dont know how much the minority owners paid but I am assuming around 100 mil. 300+200+100 mil = 600 mil if my math is correct. This means BoB paid out of his pocket 100 mil. You can figure out the % BoB is making on his $$$$ with little to no risk.

I dont think you understand how the numbers came together for the deal. I do not believe that Reliant nor Harris county purchased ownership of the Texans. Also I am sure in a 700MM dollar deal Mcnair had to put up more than 100million to obtain enough ownership rights to become the majority owner. Chuck Watson orginally owned 15% Im sure he didnt put up 105million of his own money to only have 15% ownership when 100 million got Bob that majority

also since you have a hard time with facts or math Bob doesnt own 100% currently so the Forbes estimate of 1.4 billion cant be used to calculate his return.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #160
edwardc5637
Rookie

Rep Power: 2228 edwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respected

He just did it.
edwardc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read