Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you think McNair WILL, not SHOULD, fire Kubiak?
Yes 101 75.94%
NO 32 24.06%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2013   #41
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
So then Schaub must stay as well.......call it misplaced aggression but I am really starting to think Bob McNair sucks
Apples to oranges. Schaub's 2014 salary is not guaranteed, and waiving him creates cap room. Kubiak's 2014 salary is guaranteed, and firing him has no impact on the cap.

That said, my guess at what will happen is that Kubiak's fired along with most if not all of the coaching staff the week after the RS ends. Rick Smith is kept around to clean up the mess. (and as has been repeatedly stated, this is my guess as what will happen, not what should).
Old 12-04-2013   #42
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

keep Kubiak as Offensive Co-ordinator...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #43
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
The thought of Kubiak coming back enrages me. Crap I need to take a walk to calm down.
During the first month and a half of the season I'd go work on various wood working projects in my garage after games. It helped ease my mind and chill my BP.

I still work in my garage all the time, but because I want to, not because of this dadgum team. I just shrug it off or even laugh about L's now.

I'm sure expectations will begin to grow again this off-season. Now? I just don't give a hoot
Old 12-04-2013   #44
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

When the fan apathy has turned into no shows in tye parking lot and the stands,owners make changes. Good coaches dont lose 10 games in a row regardless of the situation. lok at how poor the steeler and giants started and now both have double the wins of the texans. Ever if u get in a small slump,you dont stay there.
Old 12-04-2013   #45
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

In the pit of my stomach, I don't think he will. "Expect the worse..."

But didn't McNair mention "Superbowl or bust" at the beginning of the year? Then if he keeps it all intact after this season, he's wishy washy.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #46
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

He stays, McNair's history says so. It is in his character and you don't change that.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #47
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1938 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected

My street credentials that i never really got are about to disappear but I AM A BELIEVER IN KUBIAK

1. Hire a new special teams coordinator

2. He needs to add some wrinkles to the offense and let the QB audible every time he feels necessary

3. Get everyone in that locker room to just shut up, i don't care if they are saying the right thing... i don't wanna hear nothing not even if they are 16-0 going into the playoffs

4. Keep schaub as the backup QB

5. Trade down and take the best RB available in rounds 1 and 2

6. I don't care when but take a former basketball player to play TE there isn't much to develop in getting a jump ball in the redzone
Old 12-04-2013   #48
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 25944 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll stick with my previous prediction and say no. He'll give him his final year of his contract.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #49
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 25944 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
...The Texans will likely lose money next year...
They will lose fans and money only if they continue to lose, which I believe is unlikely. Winning solves all problems.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #50
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1938 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
how in the world can you be a firm believer of a coach who doesnt let his qb freely audible and cant run a no huddle?

Do you know how embarrassing that is?

It is embarrassing

Im saying if he makes that change it will make the difference

Im just not ready to give up and clean house

Bob Mcnair should be straight up going into next season and tell all texans fans he's on the hot seat
Old 12-04-2013   #51
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
how in the world can you be a firm believer of a coach who doesnt let his qb freely audible and cant run a no huddle?

Do you know how embarrassing that is?
That doesn't embarrass me at all.

If you've got a system where if the QB makes the right reads, he'll have a successful play, then there's no reason to audible to something else.

A system where the QB can call any play in the playbook is great in theory. But if one or two people on the field don't know all of the playbook or get confused, then you can be totally and completely screwed.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #52
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
In the pit of my stomach, I don't think he will. "Expect the worse..."

But didn't McNair mention "Superbowl or bust" at the beginning of the year? Then if he keeps it all intact after this season, he's wishy washy.
Odds are they don't make the Super Bowl.

At 2-10 this season looks like a bust.

Super Bowl or Bust - check. He didn't say there would be accountability, did he?
Old 12-04-2013   #53
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Also, I think McNair is likely to view this season as a fluke.

I'm not going to freak out when McNair keeps kubiak. I think he's a bad head coach, but a guy can learn, right?
I'm looking forward to Kubes coming back, improving to a non-losing 8-8, and all of the bogus "right way" talk to start again. Slow and steady. Sloooowwwww and steady.
Old 12-04-2013   #54
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair only cares about the bottom line and doing it the family way. He does not have the nads to change, just like his coach. I am apathetic to this franchise, and my disdain is largely due to the fact that it is a buyer's market in the PSL marketplace, and can't offload them until a coaching change happens.

This franchise, and my investment in dollars and time, have been embarrasing.
Old 12-04-2013   #55
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
McNair only cares about the bottom line and doing it the family way. He does not have the nads to change, just like his coach. I am apathetic to this franchise, and my disdain is largely due to the fact that it is a buyer's market in the PSL marketplace, and can't offload them until a coaching change happens.

I want to frame this.

About sums it up for me.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #56
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
But like a car wreck, I can't pull my eyes away. I'm compelled to look.

Fired. No doubt in my mind. This season has embarrassed McNair. And Kubiak's blood is the cost of that embarrassment.
Old 12-04-2013   #57
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68323 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

There isn't even the slightest doubt in my mind that he fires the **** out of him.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #58
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I'm looking forward to Kubes coming back, improving to a non-losing 8-8, and all of the bogus "right way" talk to start again. Slow and steady. Sloooowwwww and steady.
I still believe that great teams are not made by changing coaches every year or two. But I think a lot depends on the team they're taking over.

I believe that the team that Kubiak took over would have taken ANYONE a few years to get turned around.

THIS team has enough talent to win some games (even though some people on this board don't think so.) I'm going to give someone a lot less time to start winning with this team than I did with Kubiak and the team he inherited from Capers.

If I believed that this is a talentless team, then I'd think it would take 4-5 years before I'd expect someone to start being successful because I don't think someone can take over a complete train-wreck and turn it around in less than 3 years.

The problem is that choosing a new coach is a crapshoot. So just because you change the GM and Coach, that doesn't mean they're going to be the right guys at the right time.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #59
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by acal21 View Post
It is embarrassing

Im saying if he makes that change it will make the difference

Im just not ready to give up and clean house

Bob Mcnair should be straight up going into next season and tell all texans fans he's on the hot seat

There's no point in cleaning house now. The sumbitch burned down already.
Old 12-04-2013   #60
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal View Post
I don't think he'll have to. Kubiak will retire for health reasons.
That my friend is no way based in reality. Kubiak is a HC in the NFL and they're all driven by ego. You and I have watched this cat from day one and if there's anything that can be discerned from what we've seen from day one is that the man certainly has the ego that will not in any shape, form or fashion allow him to "retire for health reasons".

Never happen, GI.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read