Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-13-2005   #1
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad
Default Jaguar Flavored Ice Cream??

This is hilarious, just check it out. These guys are desparate to sell tix.

Most teams invest in H2's or something. (you'll know what I'm talking about after you read)

Pay close attention to the last sentenence of the article.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin...19226222.shtml

I actually feel bad.......no wait a minute.........that was tummy telling me that I'm hungry.
Old 07-13-2005   #2
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

lol poor Jags, that's ridiculous man.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #3
Don'tHate
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Don'tHate

I don't see what the big deal is. Yeah, it's a little strange, but at least he is trying his best. Unfortunately, there is only so much he can do.
If you noticed in the article it mentioned a commercial. I think it's a great commercial and it seems to be doing what it's supposed to do. If you are curious, you can check it out on the Jags home page. It's the video stream called "This is my seat."

Old 07-14-2005   #4
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don'tHate
I don't see what the big deal is. Yeah, it's a little strange, but at least he is trying his best. Unfortunately, there is only so much he can do.
If you noticed in the article it mentioned a commercial. I think it's a great commercial and it seems to be doing what it's supposed to do. If you are curious, you can check it out on the Jags home page. It's the video stream called "This is my seat."

Actually, I know how this feels. The Oilers would have to have several games bought out at the last minute by local companies just so they could be on TV. Heck, I used to get tix for $1 if I took some canned goods to a Grocery store that was giving out the tix. For you locals is at Randall's. Of course they were the nose-bleeds but hey, who cares.

I just wanted to poke a little fun @ you guys, but I know it sux.

It also sux to watch a game @ the house and there isn't a sall out crowd. It takes away from the impact.

Last edited by Big B Texan Fan; 07-14-2005 at 07:50 AM.
Big B Texan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #5
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Weaver said the Jaguars haven't covered the 9,713 seats that are being taken out of service this season, but added that it would happen "pretty quickly.''

Despite covering seats, the Jaguars are still several thousand seats per game short of selling out nonpremium tickets, which would lift television blackouts.
There's no question we're a little disappointed where we are with selling out, but we're working hard and will hopefully make the final count to get there,'' Weaver said.

The Jaguars need to sell about 49,000 nonpremium seats per game to lift blackouts. -cut and pasted from the linked article.

Wow.
If they wanted an icecream truck, I could have sent them one of the 4 or 5 in my 'hood. More trucks than kids!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #6
Fury
Rookie

I watched the video, that's hilarious. It looks like they showed up with the cameras 10 minutes before a jags game and just shot it with what they had. The commercial says "No long term contracts!" "10,000 less seats!"

Now that's priceless.
Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #7
Don'tHate
Rookie

[quote=Fury]I watched the video, that's hilarious. It looks like they showed up with the cameras 10 minutes before a jags game and just shot it with what they had. QUOTE]

fyi

http://www.jaguars.com/story/4438.asp
Old 07-14-2005   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Jaguars need to sell about 49,000 nonpremium seats per game to lift blackouts.
That's the total number of non-premium seasts. Not the number remaining they need to sell to lift the blackouts.
Quote:
Despite covering seats, the Jaguars are still several thousand seats per game short of selling out nonpremium tickets, which would lift television blackouts.
Don't know how many "several thousand" exactly is, but it's not 49,000.
Old 07-14-2005   #9
Don'tHate
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
That's the total number of non-premium seasts. Not the number remaining they need to sell to lift the blackouts.

Don't know how many "several thousand" exactly is, but it's not 49,000.

Exactly...the article didn't do a good job of making that a little clearer.
That's the total the NFL says has to be sold to not have a blackout.
Old 07-14-2005   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Direct TV and the NFL Sunday Ticket would be hot items in Jagvill. Oh wait, they don't show up at the stadium, so why would they watch at home. Just jerking your chain "DontHate", because I to remember the problems with the Oilers and not selling out. It sucks for the fans who actually support the team.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #11
Ghetto D
Rookie

You while you are all talking about the Jags oh-so-terrific fan base, I couldn't help but keep staring at the dude to the left of the original article (midway down). Does he have leprosy or...gout or...something? Anybody with me on this?

FYI - when you paint your face make it look like you painted your face. Dude just looks unwell.
Ghetto D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #12
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like a natural reaction to getting a bulls horn up his arse.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #13
Ghetto D
Rookie

...something he and (from the sounds of things) only about 10,000 other fans are used to.

Maybe with the Kiddie Kidnapper, I mean Ice Cream Truck we can get that number up to 15,000, or even 20,000.
Ghetto D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #14
Don'tHate
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto D
You while you are all talking about the Jags oh-so-terrific fan base, I couldn't help but keep staring at the dude to the left of the original article (midway down). Does he have leprosy or...gout or...something? Anybody with me on this?

FYI - when you paint your face make it look like you painted your face. Dude just looks unwell.

Well gee, glad to give you something else to make fun of...
By the way...gout is a condition that happens to your feet...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance?year=2004

check this link out and look at where the Jags are compared to most other teams...

Last edited by Don'tHate; 07-14-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Don'tHate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #15
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Well gee, glad to give you something else to make fun of...
By the way...gout is a condition that happens to your feet...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance?year=2004

check this link out and look at where the Jags are compared to most other teams...
Doubt is a lack confidence from a Jaguars defeat.

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 07-14-2005 at 02:32 PM.
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #16
Don'tHate
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Doubt is a lack confidence from on from a Jaguars defeat.

Huh???

and by the way, as a Lions fan, I don't know if you have any pull in the defeat of the Jaguars
Old 07-14-2005   #17
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Huh???

and by the way, as a Lions fan, I don't know if you have any pull in the defeat of the Jaguars
I just like to play A fist full of dollars whenever I get the chance.
Old 07-14-2005   #18
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Looks like a natural reaction to getting a bulls horn up his arse.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......wait here comes my wife.........ok it's safe now.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 07-14-2005   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

So let me get this straight. The Jaguars bought an ice cream truck and they refurbished it so they can take it to various sites and try to sell tickets by giving away free promotional ice cream?

I got two thoughts on this. First I don't think it's going to help in selling tickets too much. Second I think maybe this explains Byron's tig-o-bitties. I bet he was gettin himself some ice cream a couple of times a day from Jaguar Ice Cream truck.
Old 07-15-2005   #20
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

“Our fans never cease to amaze me,” said Jaguars executive director of ticket sales and marketing Scott Loft. “Whenever we need the support, our fans deliver for us.”

where is this guy's head? how about delivering support on sunday afternoons when it really counts. doesn't sound like they deliver for you at all after reading the articles. jacksonville is a smaller market team, kinda feel bad for the fans who can't afford to go to games and can't watch it on tv.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read