Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-08-2013   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: David Carr turned down two teams to stay with family

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
He always prioritized family. Any sane, normal, upstanding, moral person should encourage that from its members of society. But we football fans want our players and coaches to all but completely neglect their families for most of the year (and I did say we lol). It's a paradox, but hey, it is what it is.

Anyway, good for him.
Yeah.... some of us have to work for a living.

He didn't have to enter the draft. It's no secret what kind of work a starting QB has to put in to be successful. If he wasn't ready to commit (Jamarcus Russell) he should have said as much.

Granted, Casserly should have been able to discern it & the Texans shouldn't have came to terms with it much sooner than they did.

Nothing against Carr.... but don't make us out to be morally deprived heathens. Many of us work 14 & 16 hours a day for our families & it's the most respectable & honorable thing we believe we can do.

David's family may be "okay" but I can't see how Carr's kid can be as proud about how his dad made his money when compared to someone like Joe Montana's kid.... much less Chad Pennington's kid. Two of the three gave everything to be the best of the best, the best they could be. The third half-assed it & conned 3 organizations out of millions.
Old 12-08-2013   #42
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 199341 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

He didn't have to enter the draft. It's no secret what kind of work a starting QB has to put in to be successful. If he wasn't ready to commit (Jamarcus Russell) he should have said as much.

Granted, Casserly should have been able to discern it & the Texans shouldn't have came to terms with it much sooner than they did.

Nothing against Carr.... but don't make us out to be morally deprived heathens. Many of us work 14 & 16 hours a day for our families & it's the most respectable & honorable thing we believe we can do.

David's family may be "okay" but I can't see how Carr's kid can be as proud about how his dad made his money when compared to someone like Joe Montana's kid.... much less Chad Pennington's kid. Two of the three gave everything to be the best of the best, the best they could be. The third half-assed it & conned 3 organizations out of millions.
Totally agree . David's main job is between August thru January . He works out and other things during the year but the meat and potatoes is maybe 6 months . He couldn't even do that for whatever reason but he got paid .

Like you , I have worked awful hours , sometimes during storms sometimes when it was freezing , sometimes on Christmas . I did this to take care of my family . That's what a father does and to applaud a man for being in the position to not work and stay home , is like applauding a man for being a man .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #43
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Hardly.
Share your knowledge Dr. BullBlitz. Exactly how does a 2 year old get diabetes?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #44
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 381485 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Share your knowledge Dr. BullBlitz. Exactly how does a 2 year old get diabetes?
Type 1 diabetes is mainly genetic with a number of theorized triggers.
Old 12-23-2013   #45
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 68219 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...s/Default.aspx

Quote:
David Carr, John Skelton, TylerThigpen will work out for Cowboys
Quote:
With Tony Romo unlikely to suit up again this season, the Dallas Cowboys are on the lookout for quarterback insurance behind backup Kyle Orton, Chris Wesseling of NFL.com reports.

A source informed of the team's plans told Ian Rapoport of NFL Network on Monday that free agents David Carr, John Skelton and Tyler Thigpen will work out for the Cowboys.
is their kid better?

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #46
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 39048 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default David Carr will work out for Cowboys

Is this guy still here? I thought It was banned or something

like tebow was

source
Old 12-24-2013   #47
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 13222 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Carr will work out for Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
Is this guy still here? I thought It was banned or something

like tebow was

source
Pretty sure wrong forum.
Old 12-24-2013   #48
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

He always did like the Cowboys. Was on record saying he wore #8 because of Troy Aikman.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #49
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what, I'm over how David Carr played for us. Because at the end of the day, he beat The Cowboys, and before it was all over, beat Indy on Christmas Eve while Peyton was the QB.
Old 12-24-2013   #50
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Conned? If I'm not mistaken, two of the organizations knew he would be a back up and one was taking a chance no matter because he was a rookie. The organizations gave their offer and he gave his and BOTH agreed. There's no con in that.
Old 12-24-2013   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
He always did like the Cowboys. Was on record saying he wore #8 because of Troy Aikman.
He wore #8 because of Hasselbeck.

I know you said the Aikman thing as if you knew what you were talking about & I know "no one" would wear a number because of "Hasselbeck" but... it's true. In my "David Carr-bashing days" I remember I didn't even have to make that up.
Old 12-24-2013   #52
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread needs to be moved to NFL section. Carr ain't Texan anymore.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #53
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 84882 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Re: David Carr will work out for Cowboys

who cares?
Old 12-24-2013   #54
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I know you said the Aikman thing as if you knew what you were talking about & I know "no one" would wear a number because of "Hasselbeck" but... it's true. In my "David Carr-bashing days" I remember I didn't even have to make that up.
Really? I remember hearing that he grew up a Cowboys fan and loved Aikman. Maybe that was mentioned in that SI article?

BTW, this should be in the NFL Section however I am on my IPad and it's a pain to moderate from this thing. One of our mods will move it soon.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #55
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135003 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was Aikman also.

I just wanted to reply before this thread got shuffled.
Old 12-24-2013   #56
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:

No. I'm right. He's said it before. I know plenty about what I'm talking about. Even others in this thread recall that.
Old 12-24-2013   #57
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 199341 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

For the record I thought it was Aikman also .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #58
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

In before it's moved to where it should be. For the record: I don't care.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013   #59
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 381485 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I am going to join in with others as remembering the Aikman connection.

It makes sense as well:

Aikman - born CA, UCLA (100 miles away) with Nation's top QB award, went #1 and won 3 SBs while Carr was in junior/high school.
Hasselbeck - born CO, Boston College, drafted late as a backup.
Old 12-24-2013   #60
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, more confirmation:

Quote:
So, this young QB who chose #8 to be like Troy Aikman...

Source: Scout.com

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read